PDA

View Full Version : Just Want to Brag A Little

Vanille_
January 6th, 2013, 12:00 PM
My husband was sweet enough to dye my hair a while back and he swore he would never do it again. Well... for the last month I have begged him to dye my hair again since it's getting so long that it is difficult for me to do it. Finally I gave up and did it myself last night. I only had less than half done when my husband looked at me and said, "You are not doing very good. Where are the gloves?" I just about died from surprise. He's an engineer and pays so much attention to detail, I knew it would look great. And it does :) So... I just want to say I love my husband and he was so sweet to do it for me. It's the same color I've had for the past year, but I'll post an old photo for anyone who hasn't seen it. It's Vampire Red from Manic Panic. $10 at Sallys. This is on clean unbleached hair. I usually don't condition my hair before I put this in, just wash. I let it sit for about 3-4 hours. It takes a long time to rinse out and the color bleeds on my sheets and towels for a few weeks. But the color lasts for months and I don't mind the fade.

This was my hair yesterday. Not great lighting, but this is about 3 months after my last dye and there is still a very slight hint of red, especially in the sun.
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/Hair/20130105_123918_zps00371288.jpg

And this is how it turns out
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/Hair/DSC018171-1.jpg
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/Hair/DSC01623-1.jpg

jojo
January 6th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Aww what a sweet, caring husband you have the results look amazing, you have some crazily shiny hair wow!

Coolcombination
January 6th, 2013, 12:05 PM
It looks cool, very subtle red hint, I like it. Doubt my db would do that for me!

Annibelle
January 6th, 2013, 12:10 PM
That's the most beautiful ponytail ever! :thud:

Wildcat Diva
January 6th, 2013, 12:12 PM
It's nice when the SO pays attention and steps up to the plate and helps out. Especially with something as nurturing as taking care of your hair.

I'm happy when my SO offers to take pictures of my updos.

Vanille_
January 6th, 2013, 12:22 PM
That's the most beautiful ponytail ever! :thud:

Thank you! It doesn't stay that nice, I promise :)

jacqueline101
January 6th, 2013, 12:32 PM
You're lucky your hubby helps you man tells me I don't need dye he loves my hair the way it is.

rock007junkie
January 6th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Wow, I love that color!

melusine963
January 6th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Wow, Vanille_, your hair is so long now! Please give us a proper length shot so we can admire it properly!

Vanille_
January 6th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I'd really like to get another one like my signature. I don't think I'll be so lucky to get him to look at the camera again. It was probably a fluke!

spidermom
January 6th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Oooh, pretty! I get my daughter to help when I do a fantasy color (the only dye I ever use).

browneyedsusan
January 6th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Brag away, Vanille! It looks great!
My DH just rolls his eyes when I get out the gloves and henna. He doesn't think I need any dye, but I feel so much prettier with red in my hair, so red it is! It looks very classy. Great job to you and DH. :)

seaj
January 6th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Thank you for making this thread and for posting those pics. I was thinking of doing the same thing but with a different color for my dull black hair. I've been considering a bright orange to mimic henna, or a dark blue or purple to add some cool tones for an artificial black color. Maybe aim for a beetle green sheen like that of the black east indie duck.

jennafrogg
January 6th, 2013, 07:01 PM
You're so lucky, I could never trust my husband to color my hair right!

Lostsoule77
January 6th, 2013, 09:38 PM
That is so sweet! Count yourself lucky! My DH would never do that. He grumbles if I ask him to take pictures. I've learned to use my camera's self timer really well.

The color looks gorgeous! I really wish I had darker hair so I could do that and have that subtle hint of color in the right lighting. I love that look.

Kaelee
January 6th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Awesome! hehe. And your hair looks amazing! I love the color!

Neecola
January 7th, 2013, 10:42 AM
ooooh, pretty! I've often thought about using an MP color to add a little extra oomph to my color. The red looks fab against your natural hair color!

How sweet your hubby is to help you out! I'm lucky too in that way :heartbeat

SnowyDream
January 7th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Your hair looks really shiney and long, the red is a good hue. :)

spirals
January 7th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Awww. Sometimes we need to be rescued.

Bambi
January 7th, 2013, 10:45 PM
That's just so cute and nice!

4C4rly4
January 8th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Looks great! I wish I could pull off red hair >.<