PDA

View Full Version : why oh why....

Shimmy
August 25th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I was growing my bangs out (ther were at the tip of my nose).......... I cut them again. When will I ever learn to leave them alone LOL. I'm such a dork, now I have to start over :doh:

I was growing my bangs out (they were at the tip of my nose).......... I cut them again. When will I ever learn to leave them alone LOL. I'm such a dork, now I have to start over :doh:

Shimmy
August 25th, 2008, 11:33 AM
whoa! why did this post twice? :confused:

MeMyselfandI
August 25th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Hugs,

They will grow out again.

I honestly believe the grow out from head to just after chin near shoulders is the hardest one. Once I hit shoulders, there is a different mind set. But until then, I feel put up with it and do not lose my main goal. If I lose my main goal, I end up snipping then regretting it.

JessTheMess
August 25th, 2008, 11:36 AM
I snipped mine back to eyebrow length around May. Now it is almost September and they are finally to my chin. I hope I don't feel the urge to cut before they hit shoulders... :(

LadyLongLocks
August 25th, 2008, 01:10 PM
oh no! I understand that the growth can drive you crazy! I grew mine out starting in 2005 and it was hard for a long time at that length between nose and chin. Just start over! I miss my bangs, but now that I have got this far I cant go back. I made it to 26". Write yourself a note about how angry you are that you cut them and put it by your scissors! Good luck :)

Curlsgirl
August 25th, 2008, 01:10 PM
I do that over and over again so see you are not alone.

Signed,
Fellow Dork :bow:

SHADOWSCODE46
August 25th, 2008, 02:04 PM
I am sort of the same way. I love fresh/shaggy like bangs to frame my face but they only work when I straighten my hair and wear it that way. Most of the time my hair is in an wash and go updo and they don't smooth down and end up wonking my buns and the sort. And then when I do straighten my hair, they are too long and I get tempted to cut them again only to have to deal with the frustration when I wash my hair and my curls pop back. I want the best of both worlds!

Curly Carl
August 25th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Can't you style your bangs instead of having it cut off? I know I don't have any experience with growing out bangs but won't changing bangs into some different styles help there:confused:

Manako
August 25th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I like my bangs, well they are less bangs and more fringe. I always wear my hair curly, sometimes wavy and they really frame my face very well. I don't know what I will do when my hair is long enough to wear up, as I imagine they will get in the way of having a complete look.

Right now the only thing I can wear out is a ponytail or clips so it still looks ok. I assume for a braid it will be ok, but I don't know if I will have to grow it out when I want to start doing buns.

GlennaGirl
August 25th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Maybe deep down inside you really do want bangs. Maybe there's something about them that you like. I cut bangs back in too. I like that "fun" feeling and having something interesting going on in my hair. :lol: That's just a need of mine...it needn't pertain to the next person, but perhaps it pertains to you.

If you like bangs, you like them. Don't concentrate right now on growing them out. They'll grow one way or another anyway. During this "growing-out" period, instead, focus on having fun with your bangs. If at the end of it all you discover that you really did like having them, you can cut them back again; and OTOH, if you decide to keep growing them, you can at least say you had a good time along the way. HTH!

ChatoyantLocks
August 25th, 2008, 11:40 PM
When I started growing out my bangs years ago, I got a beaded headband that I used to keep my bangs out of my eyes until they got long enough that they didn't bother me.

crystal_89
August 26th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Maybe you could also take lots of pictures of yourself with bangs so you remember what you look like through the different stages. When I have a lot of pictures of one look, I don't feel like I have to go back to it for awhile.

Shimmy
August 27th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Thank you all for your caring support and advice............. :grouphug: