PDA

View Full Version : - 2 year anniversary + I cut 10" pics :)

Guenever
August 25th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Hi all you lovely people :D

- Today, the 25th of August I've been here 2 years and I finally pulled myself together and snapped some pictures (I hadn't done that since March :o) lol
I didn't make a big deal of my 1st anniversary but I thought: hey - new length, new pics!

I chopped about a week ago.. I was getting more and more depressed with my ends. I didn't dare to let it down, and one night I thought - no way that my hair should control me and the way I live my life! :doh:
I started out by cutting back to waist but I still had insane taper from hell, so with help from my mother I cut exactly 10" back to BSL.
I'd been putting off the chop for ages but as I wore my hair up all the time I didn't notice the ends that much.. Not until I visited CryssieWillow a few weeks ago and wore it down at the LHC meeting.. THEN I couldn't take it any longer.. It wasn't *real* TB length. It was plain ugly in the end -_- I couldn't deal with the dye damaged ends that tapered severely from BSL and down.. NOT pretty.. I basically had 2 hemlines.. a defined one at APL/BSL and a thin one at TB. So I chopped and even though I miss the length I'm so happy I did it.. I now have a thicker hemline with soft ends^^ And even though I'm still a two-tone (from shoulders down) it was still worth it.. I couldn't chop off more and go from TB to shoulder -- I just couldn't *horror* :scared:
Anyway, starting from "scratch" over here.. I tried to maintain at TB (did it for 4 months) but the taper was just too severe for me to notice any progress. The cut wasn't a spur of the moment, so (almost) no regrets.. still, hair-wise I'm back to 2006 when I joined.. strange :rolleyes: The dyed hair is still visibly thinner and drier than my virgin hair (*sigh*) so I can't wait to get rid of the rest!

So here are the pictures - before and after (1st one fanned out ends and both a bit dry DD1 hair with slight bun waves):
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5347/juni08070xv7.jpg (http://imageshack.us) http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7350/juni08076fr6.jpg (http://imageshack.us) http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9606/juni08073ql1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Dye vs virgin color:
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6499/juni08077cq3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

To be continued... :flower:

Guenever
August 25th, 2008, 11:18 AM
And now a few updo pics (because I like them!)

Twin buns (they look big from this angle :p)
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2668/juni08068jo9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Twist:
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/5467/juni08079xh6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

That's it..

Enjoy! :D

Shanarana
August 25th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Well Happy Anniversary !!!

Isilme
August 25th, 2008, 11:26 AM
but that's still a lot of hair you have left, and you have gotten rid of very much damage! It looks much healthier now, but I understand that it feels strange.
Your hair looks great and you have a very nice and super even hemline now!:)
ETA, where did you get those awesome silver spirals?:D

Juliet's Silk
August 25th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Happy anniversary! I'm glad that you are happy with your chop and it will be back in no-time. It even looks like you've only got a couple more inches until you're back at waist! :)

You almost make me consider chopping too :lol:

Ashley
August 25th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Happy anniversary, Guenever! :flower:
I agree, it looks much much better now and if achieving a certain hairlength only causes frustration, it's no good. I'm sure you can grow with a huge relief now and knowing that your hair is healthy and full, you can continue your journey with new goals and a fresh start. It looks beautiful! :D Happy growing!

Remke
August 25th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Whohooo 2 years :cheer: Wow you've got some nerve! Chopping to bsl, damn. But it looks really good so let's hope it's going to grow nicely now.

MeMyselfandI
August 25th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Guenever,

Happy 2nd Anniversary.

Your hair looks wonderful, even though the ends to new growth looks different in colour, it does not that major when down.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

You hair looks lovely now. I think it is more important to be happy with how your hair looks on you and not concentrate just on length. If you only wanted length you would not have felt as depressed. You went with your gut feeling which was telling you: you were not happy with the length because of the damage and taper.

I think that was an important lesson to learn. Not just for your hair, but in everything in life. Follow your gut reaction, what is your mind and body really telling you.

Arctic
August 25th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Happy 2 years anniversary to you! Your hair looks wonderful! What are your plans now? I hope you will reach your goal quickly and enjoying the ride!

PS. I also love the spiral earring!

Guenever
August 25th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Shanarana - thanks! :D It's strange that it has already been 2 years!!
Isilme - Yes, I have indeed gotten rid of a lot of damage! And it feels great -- still approx. 6" to go though :wink: Virgin hair here I come!
The spirals are my first but definitely not my last! I bought them at Castlefest this year and I love them.. Hmm.. They look a bit crooked there *runs off to fix them*..
I don't even remember the name of the seller, sorry :/ If it comes to mind, I'll PM you!
Thank you for your sweet encouragement! :flower:
Juliet's Silk - Thanks! :rolling: I am about 2-3" from waist so yes, I bet it feel be back very quickly! I've been afraid of scissors for so long, but now I will definitely be able to perform occasional trims to get rid of the rest of the dye^^
Hehe, am I starting a chopping trend? :silly: Naah.. wrong forum :lol:
Well, from your pics I see no reason for you to go back to BSL! I hope I haven't urged you to do something drastic.. I love your hair.. have since I joined! :crush:
Ashley - Thank you so much :heartbeat - it is indeed a relief! I'm going to trims from now on - If I'm going to have long hair again it's going to be a blessing -- not a curse!

Ohio Sky
August 25th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I do like fairy tale ends sometimes, but I do think your hair looks much better now. It looks healthier.

Happy anniversary, and congrats on the progress you've achieved. :thumbsup:

DavidN
August 25th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Congratulations on your two year anniversary at the LHC, Guenever!:cheer: Thank you for sharing these delightful pictures with all of us at the LHC. Your hair is SO much thicker, and the ends are so wonderfully healthy. I wish you the very best in your future hair growing journey.

vindo
August 25th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I can see what you were talking about now (2 hemlines), the top looked much fuller than the bottom.
I am glad the chop turned out positive for you, your virgin hair already looks so much better and I'm sure next time youre at TB length it will look great!:)

It looks great at BSL ... I like the blunt ends, just enjoy it and be happy about every extra cm to come :flower:

Emi

spidermom
August 25th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Wow, what a difference, and in a good way. Beautiful!

Guenever
August 25th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Remke - :rollin: yeah, I've sure got some nerve! Thank you for the compliment :flowers: in the future I will be in total control of the taper.. KILL, KILL, KILL! No mercy! :luke:
MeMyselfandI - thanks! :flower: Yes, I finally followed my "gut".. but for a long time I had a mild case of split personality :wink::
- "..It ugly, Louise.. kill it!"
- "but, but.. it's tailbone!"
- "yeah.... but it's still ugly..."
- "Damn.."
I'm fine now, btw :wigtongue:

Lamb
August 25th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Happy Anniversary! That's some seriously stunning improvement! :toast:

Juliet's Silk
August 25th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Aw Ashley thanks! :o :flowers:
Not BSL (omg :lol:) but maybe back to waist... but nah, I've resolved to grow to classic first and THEN cut. :agree:

TammySue
August 25th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Happy Anniversary! Wow, your ends look so lovely and thick! :)

Guenever
August 25th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Arctic - thank you! :flowers: Well, my goal hasn't changed.. it's still fingertip! If I'm able physically, it's just going to take a lot longer for me to get there :wink:
Thank you for your compliment about the earrings.. I do love them :redgrin:
Ohio Sky - I couldn't agree more.. and I think we've now established that fairy tale ends aren't for me :wink: I need a blunt hemline!
Thank you for your encouraging words :heart:
Thank you, dear DavidN :flower: I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures!
- I do hope that it is going to be downhill from here and that it was the dye damage that was the main problem..
Emi - Hi again! Yeah, the hemline-thing sure was pretty obvious :p
I am indeed going to enjoy every single cm, but I'm going to continue trims to avoid getting into similar problems again! Thank for your compliments!
spidermom - coming from you, that's great! :flower: You were actually the one that inspired me to chop^^
Lamb - well, cheers, Lamb! :beercheer: and thank you very much!
TammySue - thank you so much! :flowers:

utdesertrunner
August 25th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Happy 2 year! I agree that it does look much healthier and thicker too! I also love the earrings!

KarenLynn
August 25th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Happy Anniversary/gratulerer med jubileet, Guenever! :hollie: As you know, we're in the same boat with the thin ends and the two-toned hair. I also did a bigger trim recently, though nothing like 10", and overall I'm also happy with it. Just wait until we both have virgin hair at the length we want! Your hair looks really good after your cut - the hemline is much improved, and the color difference isn't all that obvious. Happy regrowing!

SHADOWSCODE46
August 25th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Wow such a vast difference and improvement after the chop. Your hemline is very thick and full!
Your hair is going to look even more awesome in a couple of months when it grows back to the pre-chopped length and maintains the thick full hemline. Great job!

lora410
August 25th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Your hair looks amazing after your cut. Be glad you have what 2 inches until waist vs 5 inches for me (sigh) anyway happy anniversary :flower:

alligatorbaby23
August 25th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Happy Anniversary. If you are happy with your hair, so am I. It looks great, and longer than BSL IMO.

Nightshade
August 25th, 2008, 02:07 PM
So very pretty! I think you made the right choice, and growing back to tailbone will be fast, and much more enjoyable! :cheer:

MeMyselfandI
August 25th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Remke - :rollin: yeah, I've sure got some nerve! Thank you for the compliment :flowers: in the future I will be in total control of the taper.. KILL, KILL, KILL! No mercy! :luke:
MeMyselfandI - thanks! :flower: Yes, I finally followed my "gut".. but for a long time I had a mild case of split personality :wink::
- "..It ugly, Louise.. kill it!"
- "but, but.. it's tailbone!"
- "yeah.... but it's still ugly..."
- "Damn.."
I'm fine now, btw :wigtongue:

Your welcome Guenever.

I am glad you are fine now.

And you will also be fine when you cut the next 6 inches you want to cut off for your virgin hair.

JasmineDaisy
August 25th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Happy Anniversary and I think the cut looks great. Your hair looks really healthy.

jojo
August 25th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Wow your hair was pretty before but it looks great now, lovely and thick. I dont think you will have any problems getting to your goal.

Congratulations!

pdy2kn6
August 25th, 2008, 05:15 PM
hair luks great! did you do the feyes self trim method? or if not how did your mum cut ur hair? really need to do the same sort of big chop to get rid of my awful layers

xrosiex
August 25th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Happy 2 year anniversary! Your hair looks great. Your trim makes your hair looks thicker and there is some wave. Very pretty.:)

RavennaNight
August 25th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Happy 2 year anniversary! Your hair looks so much healthier after the cut! Here's to a happier and healthier 10 inches of new growth! :)

paper
August 25th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Happy Anniversary Guenever!!! I enjoyed the progress pics. Your hair looks so much better. I actually like the two tone too. Very pretty.

FrannyG
August 25th, 2008, 06:07 PM
What a lovely update! Your hair looks simply beautiful, you've made great progress, and you've been a great LHC member. I'm so happy you are part of this forum. :blossom:

ETA: I had my anniversary last month and I to am virtually at the same length where I started. I've cut about 12 inches off since I joined, but I don't regret it for a moment. The rest of the growth will be so much fun with healthier hair! :)

Guenever
August 27th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Hi, I'm back and I'm obviously far behind with my replies.. sorry folks!

utdesertrunner – hi, and thanks for your compliments! :D the earrings are slowly becoming my everyday ones.. I just love to wear them..
KarenLynn – Hej søde og mange tak! Yeah, we were practically hair twins in some of the pics where your hair had lost some of its wave :flower: I could look at your pics and think “hey, that’s me!!” and oh yeah, the two-toned thing is hell -_- but I’m glad it’s not too obvious… at least not in some types of lighting :wink: virgin hair will be awesome!
SHADOWSCODE46 – thank you for your sweet words! Yes, I do hope that I’ll be able to grow and maintain my current hemline further on... that would be great! :flowers:
lora410 – you’ll get there in no time! Promise :flowers: And thank you for the encouragement, lora!
Alligatorbaby23 – thanks a lot! I am very happy. Because of the taper it honestly didn’t feel much longer than BSL anyway :wink: And it is a couple of cm below BSL so you’re right^^
Nightshade – thanks! I hope that I’ll enjoy the ride one more time :rolling: maybe even more now with thicker ends..

Guenever
August 27th, 2008, 09:34 AM
JasmineDaisy – hi! And thanks a lot! :heart:
Jojo – thank you! :Star: I hope you’re right about my goal.. it would be really, really nice to get there! And in spite of the trim I’m more than half-way there already..
pdy2kn6 – thank you! I chopped back to waist using Feye’s, but my mom cut the last 5 inches and evened it up.. after waist I found it hard to do it myself and I wanted to be sure that it was even! Good luck with your trim! :D Do share pictures if you’re up to it..
xrosiex – thanks! Yes it looks much fuller now, but I’m afraid that the waves are all due to bunning :wink: I have almost no wave whatsoever but I like to pretend that I have :lol:
RavennaNight – sure! :beercheer: To healthy 10”, hehe.. thanks!
Paper – I’m glad that you enjoyed my posts :D You’re not the first one to actually like the two-toned thing.. last year at Castlefest my hair was called a fox’s tail :p a good expression! Still, I’m very annoyed with the dye..
FrannyG – hi sweet Franny.. thanks so much! :blushing: It does feel a bit strange to be back where I started, but you’re right - it’s worth it!

Thank you all for your kind and encouraging words.. you are all amazing people! :smooch:

Fencai
August 27th, 2008, 09:39 AM
WOW! That looks great! I think you made the right choice!!
Congrats and Happy anniversary!!!!!

Guenever
August 27th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Thank you, Fencai! :D As days go by I get more and more certain that is was the right choice..

chloeishere
August 27th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Your hair looks very pretty and thick! I'm sure it will be much thicker at TB this time, and you will love it even more! Congratulations on two years!

busnutmedic
August 27th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Oh my, I might just trim sometime!!!

Lookin' good, and I'm so glad you thought it out well in advance and don't have regrets that usually can come with a big chop.

Here's to growth :D

Tangles
August 27th, 2008, 06:42 PM
What a beautiful blunt hem!

morningstar
August 27th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Yes I agree it was a great idea to cut back. Your ends look great and fuller now. I had to do this also not too long ago although I was not nearly as long.

SchnauzerMom
August 27th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Your hair does look thicker and healthier. Those updos are very pretty too.

Deborah
August 27th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Wow! Your hair looks so much thicker, and just wonderful. You made a great choice in cutting back. :cheer:

Guenever
August 28th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Another round of thanks to:

chloeishere - thanks! :heart: And yeah, I hope to be able to keep a decent hemline now.. *pleeeeease, hair, please*
busnutmedic - hehe, well, when your ends don't want to cooperate for such a long time, then cutting is the obvious choice! And it doesn't really hurt as much as I expected :ponder: cause in my head my hair wasn't really that much longer than BSL to begin with - because of the taper.. so.. It's all good!
Thanks so much! :flower:
Tangles - oh, thanks! It's all weird to be one of the people with a blunt hem now :wink:
morningstar - yeah, it was the right thing.. and I'd do it again, no doubt about it! :flowers:
SchnauzerMom - thank you! :sunshine: I just have to get used to doing different styles now.. even though I can easily wear it down at this length without any practical problems I still prefer it up.. (I don't think I've worn it down yet actually O.o)
Deborah - oooh.. thanks for the cheering! :rolling:

Dee 08
August 28th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Happy Anniversary.

Guenever
August 28th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Thank you, Dee 08 :flowers:

Chamomile betty
August 28th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I think your hair looks wonderful.
The ends look really full.

Thanks for sharing your pics.

Robinlyn
August 28th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is really pretty. I love the cut, your ends look incredible! You'll be at waist in no time at all!

Guenever
August 28th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Thank you both Chamomile betty and Robinlyn :flowers:

saman
August 28th, 2008, 02:29 PM
happy anniversary guenever.
You've got even and nice hemline and your hair looks healthier and thicker now.your decision was wise and that's good you're happy with your hair.

almudena
August 28th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Happy anniversary!! :flower:

Your hair looks so great after the cut. I particurlaly think that it is more important health than length and I would have done exactly the same.
Besides it looks like mid back more than BSL to me. In any case love it :inlove:

Rini
August 28th, 2008, 11:14 PM
That is seriously the best "after trim" pic I have EVER seen!! Your hair looks incredible, so thick and healthy. You must be in heaven :inlove: And you did that trim yourself too? Well done!

psvzum
August 29th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Happy Anniversary! You have got BEAUTIFUL hair : )

Patrycja
August 29th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Happy 2 Years and such great shots of your length! I think you did a good...no GREAT thing by chopping off your ends and regrowing them. :cheer: Awesome growth!

yogachic
August 30th, 2008, 08:28 AM
I think you made a great decision, the ends were very thin. You know have 3 times the amount of hair. The difference is amazing. Your updo is beautiful.

pixiegirl
August 30th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I think you did the right thing. Your hair looks a lot healthier now.

Lixie
August 30th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is looking absolutely gorgeous, I especially love the double bun style on your hair. :flowers: