PDA

View Full Version : Nearly to Classic length - Pictures.

AspenSong
January 4th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Not good pictures mind you! lol. But I'm only 2-3" away from classic length at this point and I can't help but wonder if my hair is just too dang thin for this length? =( This is freshly washed and air dried - no oil, no NOTHING. And I didn't oil before I washed either. This is just what my hair does when it's down. http://i46.tinypic.com/28v90dv.jpg I know the white shirt doesn't help me, but I just am worried my hair just looks terrible. I've henna/cassia'ed, I've gone cone, no cone, ice cream cone, traffic cone.....it just is what it is. Insanely fine and not much of it. This is my go to, every single day bun. http://i45.tinypic.com/ixrzvl.jpg And this is just cause. :) http://i47.tinypic.com/67qnhx.jpg And so is this since I JUST finally watched The Hobbit with my brother and my dream of being an Elf was revived. ;) http://i47.tinypic.com/9lhclx.jpg

AspenSong
January 4th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Sorry this is all crazy and cut up! I edited this dang post about 6 times trying to get it right.....This is the first time I've posted since the board changed and I'm just all screwy!!

Nebulae
January 4th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I'm sorry I have no advice for you on the thin hair part, but I just wanted to drop a line telling you how beautiful I think those updos look :flower: I think that because your hair is so fine, it makes your buns and braids look very sleek and pretty! And I find myself a bit jealous about your perfect nape hair, haha :D (Also, that circlet is gorgeous.)

long-hair-lover
January 4th, 2013, 02:34 PM
I LOVE your hair...you may have thin hair but your ends are not scraggly or anything. They are nice and bluntly cut, good job...oh and your updo's are cute:o

Micayla47
January 4th, 2013, 02:38 PM
yes you have thin hair (me too), but it looks soft, shiny, healthy and beautiful!

melusine963
January 4th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Your hair is definitely on the thin side, but your updos are absolutely beautiful. How do you make your 'every single day bun'? I'd love to try it. :flower:

I myself have hair that's about as long as yours, but simply can't be worn loose. It's healthy and not as thin as it might be, but it just looks like a bird's nest. I take joy in knowing how long it is, and in all the cool updos I can make. I keep it long because it makes me happy, and since I only ever wear it up I don't need to worry about other people's silent judgement.

AspenSong
January 4th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Thank you all.
The circlet is one I got at Ren Fest this year, sadly not a lot of times to wear it in everyday dress unless I use it as a headband! :)
I do take happiness in the fact I know my hair is healthy. It's healthy, it's soft and it's shiny. I'm glad of that. I just can't help but have thickness envy....I guess I thought when I started this journey back to long hair over 4 years ago, that all the care would result in hopefully thicker hair and by this time, I'd have my "dream" hair. =/

Cupofmilk
January 4th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I am just at classic or thereabouts and have very fine hair although overall I might have a bit more. I did some photos with my hair against a white background when it was wet and they were depressing. So I repeated them fully dry against a dark background and honestly my hair looks twice as thick. Your ends look blunt and healthy so there is no reason to think you can't continue growing.

AspenSong
January 4th, 2013, 02:55 PM
How do you make your 'every single day bun'? I'd love to try it. :flower:.

I have no idea how to explain it, other than when I started doing it, it was supposed to be a Nautilus bun. I guess it's a variation on it. I put my hand under my hair, and twist and make the loop, holding the top of it up - pointing to the ceiling, twist my hair and wrap it around the base and then pull that loop around and over the twisted part, still pointing upwards, and put hairsticks through. I am HORRIBLE as describing....maybe I'll have hubby take pictures while I do it and post it at some point!

jacqueline101
January 4th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Your hair looks great.

dollyfish
January 4th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Honestly, I don't think it looks bad at all! Yes, it's thin, but it's beautiful and healthy, and SO shiny. If I saw you in public all I would be thinking is how amazing and gorgeous your hair looks. And I think it'll make it to classic fine. It's not like you're getting any ridiculous taper or anything, and your ends look fine.

And those updos are so gorgeous, and so smooth! :crush:

ETA: Please make a photo-tutorial or something for that "every single day bun" (can we call it that? lol). I'm sure my hair isn't long enough, but I can dream!

Vintagecoilylocks
January 4th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Your hair is lovely and so shiny. Try a side framing accent braid when it is down, or in a bun or wrap in a pony. to give the eye more to look at. Do a loose braid coming over your shoulder. You could probably really sport what they call a rope twist. Thin hair is not ugly. The length gives it even more character. It will be beautiful at longer lengths.

dwell_in_safety
January 4th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Your ends look great, and overall your hair looks very healthy. It's beautiful, and I personally think you could grow it even longer with how healthy it looks at classic. :) Your hair is very similar to my girlfriend's, and she's currently growing hers out a bit from chin, at least to APL or so so I can do some pretty updos with it. One advantage you do have with thin hair is that if you DO decide to cut back a bit, you'll still be able to do a wider range of styles with your hair than someone with thick hair, like me, could do. I often envy my girlfriend for that.

Natalia
January 4th, 2013, 07:50 PM
I dont think its too thin. Its nice and even all the way down which helps alot. I just took 3 inches off and i was at classic with ends much worse than that, now im back at tb with ends that look more like yours and im happy with that. Mine is a bit fluffier due to wo but other than they very close

PixxieStix
January 4th, 2013, 08:02 PM
I think your hair looks beautiful, and it is very healthy and gorgeous. Yes, it is thin, but your updos are so sleek and amazing. :crush:

Rivanariko
January 5th, 2013, 12:02 AM
You have lovely hair. My hair is also very fine and on the thin side and I just reached classic this summer. Keep growing! If you decide you don't like it when you get there you can always cut back. I also always brush my hair out after air drying it before I take pictures because it makes it look fuller, lol! I almost never wear it down because of the tangles, but knowing how long it is makes me happy.

Mesmerise
January 5th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Well your hair may be thin, but the ends don't seem to taper all that much, which is a good thing (my ends are waaaaay thinner than yours and my hair is only BSL). I would also say that the white top probably isn't doing your hair any favours simply because hair DOES look so much thinner over light colours.

Overall your hair is lovely and healthy, and you can do updos, and it's long! It also isn't scraggly looking at the ends. All positives I'd say! (I also don't think cutting it shorter would change much... as it's not as if you suffer from taper... if you know what I mean... if you were to cut it, it would probably still look thin to you, just short...and that's a bit sad as overall your hair is pretty!).

ArienEllariel
January 5th, 2013, 12:28 AM
I really like your hair. :) Gorgeous!

MissMaryMac
January 5th, 2013, 01:48 AM
I think your hair does look a little thin when it is down like that, but wow, it is still so beautiful. I have super thick hair and if I saw you with your hair down somewhere I would definitely think to myself, "I wish my hair looked that healthy!" :)

jojo
January 5th, 2013, 08:27 AM
I dont think your hair is too thin to have at classic length, your hair is healthy and beautiful. Be proud of it and congratulations on being so close to classic!

AspenSong
January 5th, 2013, 08:39 AM
I also always brush my hair out after air drying it before I take pictures because it makes it look fuller, lol! I almost never wear it down because of the tangles, but knowing how long it is makes me happy.

I kid you not, I brushed it literally 5 seconds before the pictures and tossed it back over my shoulder. lol. Nothing makes my hair look fuller. lol. I'm sure if I was into using mousse, etc....I could fake it better.

AspenSong
January 5th, 2013, 08:40 AM
ETA: Please make a photo-tutorial or something for that "every single day bun" (can we call it that? lol). I'm sure my hair isn't long enough, but I can dream!

I will do that today if I can rope hubby into being my photographer. :)

AspenSong
January 5th, 2013, 08:52 AM
I just want to thank each one of you for the compliments and encouragement....the encouragement does help. I just felt so down after looking at that length shot I took....I started wondering if I might as well cut it back to BSL or something because it just looked so....Stringy to me. =/ I do know it's healthy, I've been so careful and tried so hard to make sure it is and it does make me happy. Especially knowing it was once super bleached and looked like dry straw!
Thanks for all the compliments on my updos as well - Though I have to be honest, after about 25 minutes of ANY updo, my hair is NOT sleek and nice looking. haha. It's furry and flyaway city. My braids, are flat out sad, half my hair it seems like comes shooting out of them from every place and it's horribly messy looking - which is why I don't wear it down and in a braid (well one reason, besides it looking like an accent braid for a normal haired person). However if I take pics right away, I can capture that perfect moment. haha. :)

AspenSong
January 6th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Just posting the link to how I do my Everyday bun! :) First YouTube video ever...haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y114l4ylYMw&feature=youtu.be

Sarahlabyrinth
January 6th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Just posting the link to how I do my Everyday bun! :) First YouTube video ever...haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y114l4ylYMw&feature=youtu.be

Aspensong, your everyday bun is beautiful, and I don't think it looks small at all! I am pretty sure that it is a Nautilus bun... thank you for your tutorial, we will hope for more now!

AspenSong
January 6th, 2013, 05:23 PM
That's what I thought. *shrug* Oh well!

JamieLeigh
January 7th, 2013, 12:23 AM
If thin hair was a reason to stop growing it to classic and beyond, a lot of us down here beyond classic would have to get it cut. ;) Just saying! I think your hair is gorgeous! Keeping a blunter hemline is a great way to make it appear thicker than it is. I usually only wear mine loose after a wash when the fluffiness is at its maximum. Congrats on being almost classic!

Kwantslonghair
January 7th, 2013, 04:45 AM
It may be a little thin but you are ROCKING that hair. I love your length. It looks sleek and healthy.

faellen
January 7th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Admittedly your hair is rather thin. However, it's healthy and shiny, and there's no need to cut it off. At that length and thickness it looks great in updos.

firegypsy
January 8th, 2013, 09:19 PM
My hair is as thin as yours. It makes it hard to wear down, especially because on top of being thin it's quite fine. BUT I think updos are often easier with thin hair because we have less bulk. They look different because there isn't as much hair, but I'll tell you. My sister and I have the same length hair. I'm an i/F and she's an iii/M. It is SO much easier to do my hair than it is to do hers! Of course I covet hers regularly, but there are benefits to both.

I grow for length so I can do updos. I'll never be someone who wears it down, but just knowing the length is there makes me happy!

Cowgirl16
January 9th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Your hair looks very healthy and shiny :) Your almost to classic :joy:!

chen bao jun
January 9th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Yeah, your hair is thin, but its gorgeous.
I have extremely thick hair and I've grown to like it but when I was young, was I ever jealous of my sister who has thin hair, because, like you, she could get these impeccable hairstyles while mine was simply always out of control. The only way my hair ever looked better than hers was when in a braid, because I had such a fat braid. I guess the grass is always greener--lol--
Anyway you have lovely hair and you absolutely should keep it long. How can hair be too thin to be long? I don't get that at all.

Angelica
January 12th, 2013, 07:13 AM
My hair is the same type, but I've never been able to even grow mine to the waist. I recently cut off about 2-3 inches because although it was getting a good length, it just looked dreadful. No matter what I seem to do, I can't grow hair that long. It does depress me. But I feel inspired that you have grown your hair this long and it looks great up. I am always wearing my hair up as well and it is much easier to handle that way. I don't think you should be worried, I'd give anything to have such long hair like yours. It looks great in its updos and the condition is great. It's also good that the ends are blunt cut. Please tell me your secrets.

Mya
January 12th, 2013, 10:40 AM
No hair is too thin to be long. You just see too many hair pictures from the internetz! :)

Stellaaa
January 12th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Look at it like this, you could cut it, it would still be thin.
It is extraordinarily long. Why be ordinary?

Kome
January 12th, 2013, 06:32 PM
I totally know how you feel, however, I still think it looks really pretty. :) Keep it long!

Anshul585
January 4th, 2017, 04:29 AM
Absolutely they're thin, but they're gorgeous!

My hairs are way too thin like you. But yours are better than mine. You've perfect nape hair, your hairs are perfectly the same length and I like the color of your hair.

your braided updo look very sleek and not at all poofy or frizzy that means your hairs are in very good condition.

cheers!

TatsuOni
January 4th, 2017, 04:34 AM
Absolutely they're thin, but they're gorgeous!

My hairs are way too thin like you. But yours are better than mine. You've perfect nape hair, your hairs are perfectly the same length and I like the color of your hair.

your braided updo look very sleek and not at all poofy or frizzy that means your hairs are in very good condition.

cheers!

You might wanna check the date on the threads :) Some threads doesn't matter if they are really old, but others might be outdated. Ts has now growed far beyond classic :)