PDA

View Full Version : 20 month update (with pics)

dollyfish
January 4th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Sort of an arbitrary date. But I figured that since I'm finally at BSL now I could do one of these. Still got a ways to go until waist though...

So in May 2011 I chopped off my hair myself at home to just below chin length. I had to get it evened up at a salon so it ended up being around jaw/chin length, but I don't have photos of that.
http://i.imgur.com/BvtEn.png
Pre-LHC, as evidenced by the awful heat damage

A little over a year later, June 2012, I reached APL
http://i.imgur.com/usrUE.png
And thanks to LHC I got back the waves I used to have as a 5 year old!
ETA: This was after an SMT, by the way. Hence the amazing.

And my most recent length shot, Jan 2013, at BSL (with damp hair, hence the stringiness)
http://i.imgur.com/und7G.png

:cheese:

And by the way, I never trim. My hair is pretty coarse and very strong, and though it rips often enough to give me an annoying halo of regrowth in my canopy, I almost never get split ends. Though I S&D regularly (well, S), I've found only one split hair the entire time I've been here at the LHC.

RileyJane
January 4th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Nice hair growth! i was at the same starting point in 2011 as well so ik how frustrating it can be! btw, your hair looks awesome! keep it up :)

Nebulae
January 4th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Nice growth, congrats! Your waves are beautiful. :) And wow, no need to trim! Wish that was me :D You don't even need to even up your hemline, it just grows in evenly? Lucky you!

lapushka
January 4th, 2013, 10:52 AM
You've got some amazing growth goin' on there! Well done! Congrats. :D

Sarahlabyrinth
January 4th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Well done - continue that great growth!

melusine963
January 4th, 2013, 12:21 PM
What a transformation! Congratulations!

akilina
January 4th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Very nice!!! :o

dollyfish
January 4th, 2013, 03:37 PM
You don't even need to even up your hemline, it just grows in evenly? Lucky you!

Thankfully my waves keep my hemline looking fairly even, even though it's not! I've got crazy layers everywhere because my hair grows so unevenly (most around collarbone and APL). I figure by the time I get to waist I'll start trimming in increments to even everything out. But right now the chaos looks decent so I don't mind :)

jacqueline101
January 4th, 2013, 04:00 PM
You have amazing growth and wonderful waves.

Micayla47
January 4th, 2013, 08:34 PM
you have beautiful hair! i love the color and i think it might be the same as mine. i wouldn't know for sure since i just started growing out my natural color for the first time since i was 12 or 13. what do you call that color? chocolate? chestnut?

dollyfish
January 4th, 2013, 08:44 PM
you have beautiful hair! i love the color and i think it might be the same as mine. i wouldn't know for sure since i just started growing out my natural color for the first time since i was 12 or 13. what do you call that color? chocolate? chestnut?

I don't know. I call it "dark brown" :lol:
Though right now most of my length has some faint lingering henna. My natural color is slightly cooler. The top most photo is virgin hair (albeit heat-damaged), and the color is more accurate (daylight). The other two photos are warmer because of the henna and the super yellow bathroom light.

jennafrogg
January 5th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Great growth, and it looks super healthy.

Kizuna
January 5th, 2013, 02:10 AM
that's great growth! :)
I had the same thing as you where I never found split ends in my hair before. When it got down to waist length they started to appear though. Enjoy it as long as you can! ( hopefully longer than I could. ) :D

RubyTuesday
January 5th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Very pretty face, very pretty hair.
Inspiring :applause

jojo
January 5th, 2013, 08:24 AM
That beautiful progress, waist by christmas this year im thinking!

dollyfish
January 5th, 2013, 08:42 AM
that's great growth! :)
I had the same thing as you where I never found split ends in my hair before. When it got down to waist length they started to appear though. Enjoy it as long as you can! ( hopefully longer than I could. ) :D

That's why I keep searching! I'm sure I'm not magically immune to damage (in fact, I know from pre-LHC experience I'm not!) so, though I haven't really found any splits to destroy, I try to keep up with S&Ding because I know as my hair gets longer it'll only accumulate damage.