PDA

View Full Version : One year anniversary progress (late) and a thank you.

HumanBean
January 3rd, 2013, 11:11 PM
Hi everyone! I missed my one year anniversary of my join date because of the servers being down back then....and I've been meaning to get around to it. Finally managing it tonight!

Below are 6 progress shots. The upper row are the first three, the bottom row the last. Upper left is when I first joined. Lighting was awful, sorry.

I lost length in July when I decided to get a trim to remove flatiron damage off my ends. That was my only trim in this time except for one self trim before that to "dust."

The second to last photo - red shirt - was a hair typing picture.

Last one, bottom right is from tonight. I am approaching MBL...below the comparison pic collage, I placed that last photo again, less cropped. My goal is waist, so I have a belt on to show how far away I am.

http://i.imgur.com/7mRCul.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/snBKFl.jpg

My current hair issue is stopping a shed I am experiencing and have been for several weeks. I've lost 1/2" - 1" in ponytail circumference. Taking supplements for that and trying to eat more protein. I am confident the shed is related to losing almost 30 lbs since July, a weight loss in part caused by this forum.

That leads me to my thank you. Thank you L H C! I never expected this forum would inspire me take charge of my self-image and my overall health the way that it has. Growing my hair I expected, yes. But new hairstyles I've never worn before nor thought I could, trying makeup techniques I've been curious about, losing weight, reworking my wardrobe (dress challenge this Summer, and now must rework due to new size), all are changes I've made to my life since coming here.

Everyone is so supportive and helpful, and so many beautiful (inside and out) people are here, it really was a boon to have joined this community. I can't believe at age 42 I'm finally having the confidence to make the changes I want to make...I'm starting to look in reality the way I always pictured myself in my head...it's a gratifying experience to be sure.

So thank you, and happy growing everyone.

EDIT TO UPDATE: I have a doctor's appointment for a physical tomorrow, and plan to ask for blood work to see if the weight loss plan (counting calories) has introduced a nutritional deficiency of any sort. I've been counting my hairs lost each day, and there doesn't seem to be any improvement. My average number lost per day is 172, with a range of 45 - 351.

melusine963
January 4th, 2013, 01:14 AM
:D I'm sorry about your shed, but your hair still looks amazingly thick and healthy. I'm glad the LHC has been so good for you. It certainly has been for me, too.

Libbylou
January 4th, 2013, 02:27 AM
I agree, your hair is very healthy and looks very thick. I too have had a great experience on this forum. I have also changed my eating habits for hair growth. Instead of hitting the snack machines at work I eat a Cliff protein energy bar that contains alot of protein. I have followed arc's advice and eat peanut butter now too.
Happy hair anniversary to you!

bunzfan
January 4th, 2013, 02:39 AM
Your hair is to die for such thick hair :thud: don't mind me if i stalk your hair from my little corner:p

Annibelle
January 4th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Your hair looks fabulous! But it was great when you joined, too. :) Lovely!

jojo
January 4th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Wonderfully thick hair, reminds me of little birds and i love your waves too, very pretty

jacqueline101
January 4th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Sorry about your shed but your hair looks great.

Nebulae
January 4th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Your hair looks great! It still looks very thick. I love your color too :D Hope you can stop the shed soon so you don't need to worry about it. :)

RileyJane
January 4th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Your hair looks great! My mom noticed her hair has gotten thicker the older she gets (always had stringy hair i guess) so ur thickness is quite envious and lovely , i hope mine is as thick as that when i hit waist :)

MaryMarx
January 4th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Weheeey, it looks really, really good. :)

KAggs
January 4th, 2013, 03:19 PM
What great progress in growth! Your hemline and thickness of hair (even with the shed) look amazing. :D

HumanBean
January 4th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Thanks all.

I know the shed isn't noticeable to anyone else, and I'm 3.5" at the moment if I include my bangs (I was very close to 4" before) but of course I worry about when and if it will stop. Never had anything like this before...it's worse than my post partum sheds to be sure! But I'm trying not to stress about it too much.

momoftwo708
January 4th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Gorgeous!!!

MaryO
January 5th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Wow, you have beautiful hair! So thick and I love the wave!

jennafrogg
January 5th, 2013, 12:15 AM
It looks so thick! Seriously, looks great.

Iku-Turso
January 5th, 2013, 12:36 AM
You hair looks lovely and it's still very thick!

But I'm trying not to stress about it too much.

I think that is the right thing to do! I had a shed a few years ago, and when I finally accepted my new thinner hair as part of me, shedding stopped and now I have some regrowth. Of course it could be just coincidence but letting go of stress can do no harm. :)