PDA

View Full Version : Curly in help?

longcurlygirl<3
January 3rd, 2013, 04:54 PM
Hi all, so this thread may not be allowed here so if it needs to be moved, be my guest. I have hip length, thick 3a/3b curls and I want to start doing up-dos with hair sticks. I have one but I can't find it at the moment. lol. And I was wondering if any of you ladies or gents have any clue to where I may be able to find hair sticks to hold ALL my hair haha perferably brown or whatever color if not available. PS not too expensive since I am a high schooler with a part-time. Thanks!

Kelikea
January 3rd, 2013, 05:23 PM
I got mine at Sally's and they were not expensive, maybe around 5 or 6 dollars. They came in a pack with 2 brown and 2 black.

longcurlygirl<3
January 3rd, 2013, 05:26 PM
thank you, but i've tried those already and had to return them, they just would not hold my hair at bsl, let alone HIP! but maybe wood if possible?

rock007junkie
January 3rd, 2013, 05:54 PM
These may be a little expensive (about $16 for one) but they hold very well-Ketylo

jlb
January 3rd, 2013, 09:10 PM
Have you ever tried ordinary chopsticks? I found a 6 pack in a sale basket at a drugstore for $1, or just pick up a spare pair when you eat out sometime. Or this is one of my favorite etsy stops & they have some 7" wooden sticks for $5 http://www.etsy.com/listing/111027655/hairsticks-purple-green-orange-blue-red

long&blonde
January 3rd, 2013, 09:14 PM
Baerris? Unsure of spelling, makes beautiful sticks, choose your wood, choose your length. Held my hair at bcl, 2c or 3a.

spirals
January 3rd, 2013, 10:27 PM
My mom filed down and painted some 7-inch chopsticks for me. They work really well. I have 3a curls about 3/4 inch from waist, ii thickness. She used inexpensive acrylic paint and varnish.