PDA

View Full Version : BBB recommendation?

Eireann
January 3rd, 2013, 12:07 PM
As I continue along my hair journey, I'm realizing the advantage of the boar-bristle brush. I have a cheapy one I got years ago, but lately have been thinking I should upgrade. As there are a dizzying array of choices, I would love some advice. I don't want to break the bank, but am willing to spend a little more for quality (since I no longer have to spend money on hair salons and shampoo.) Thanks in advance!!

dollyfish
January 3rd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Honestly, my BBB is something I bought at CVS maybe 5-10 years ago (I honestly have no idea) and it was crazy cheap. But it's real boar's hair, and it seems to do the trick. It's not like it's breaking or falling apart. So maybe the cheap brushes are just fine. Is there even a difference if it's all the same stuff?

Then again, I've never owned a fancy expensive one, so maybe there IS a quality difference. Hopefully some owners of expensive BBBs will chime in.

Sillage
January 3rd, 2013, 01:07 PM
My favorite BBB is actually a blend of boar bristle and nylon: the Sonia Kashuk hair brush http://www.target.com/p/sonia-kashuk-hair-brush/-/A-10563302

I've had it for years and love it. It really gets all the way thru my hair down to the scalp. I realize you may want something more luxurious but this is a great brush.

Kristen121
January 3rd, 2013, 01:25 PM
I also own and love the Sonia Kashuk brush the PP mentioned. I also own this one: http://www.target.com/p/conair-ceramic-wooden-boar-cushion-brush-brown/-/A-13941679#prodSlot=medium_1_38 which is fine, but the bristles are more closely spaced then the Sonia Kashuk brush, so its not so good for detangling, but good for smoothing hair when putting into updos.

jacqueline101
January 3rd, 2013, 01:30 PM
Mine is a Dollar General nylon and boar bristle blend. Its nice I like it.

TheHowlingWolf
January 3rd, 2013, 01:55 PM
Which is better IYO: a boar/nylon mix or 100% bb....Idk if one is better than the other or not. I've been told to use 100% bb but that sonia kashuk brush looks interesting.

Eireann
January 3rd, 2013, 03:34 PM
Thanks for all the responses. Mine is from Sally's and as far as I can tell it's 100% BBB. Maybe I'll just hold onto it and buy some new hair toys instead. :)

prof-annie
January 5th, 2013, 08:57 AM
I really love my nylon/ boar bristle Mason and Pearson brush. It was very expensive but was worth every single penny.