PDA

View Full Version : 11 months progress!

MaryMarx
January 2nd, 2013, 12:45 PM
Hi guys. :)

When I joined here, in October 2011, I seriously think I had the worst hair on the whole LHC.
I had just stopped dying it black, and stopped the flat ironing 6 months earlier.
It was terrible, thin and dry.

I'm also a little bit ashamed to show that early picture, but I want to show people who are in the same situation that it is possible to get healthier hair, even when you just want to give up.

One day a couple of days ago, I had washed my hair and let it air dry.
I took this picture and I just couldn't wait to show you, that's why it's 11 months instead of 12. :)

I don't mean to brag, because I know my hair is still damaged and has a long way left to go, but isn't it hard to believe it's the same head in those pictures? :)
Here you go! And Happy new year! (now let's just hope you can see the picture...)

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t399/schakt/11maringnader_zpsa002f85a.jpg

novemberfoxtrot
January 2nd, 2013, 12:50 PM
It is so much thicker!

Sillage
January 2nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
Wow that's an amazing transformation! Your hair looks gorgeous now :) Love the curls and the color!

Golden
January 2nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
WOW what a progress! Your hair is just stunning now, I love the curls!

oktobergoud
January 2nd, 2013, 12:52 PM
What a progress! It looks a lot thicker! :)

melusine963
January 2nd, 2013, 12:52 PM
What a transformation! You're right, I'd never guess it was the same head of hair in both pictures. :) Congratulations!

spirals
January 2nd, 2013, 01:04 PM
We might be hair twins!

HairFaerie
January 2nd, 2013, 01:08 PM
That is really awesome! Congratulations!

turtlelover
January 2nd, 2013, 01:09 PM
Amazing change!!! :-)

Sarahlabyrinth
January 2nd, 2013, 01:18 PM
Wow, what a difference, you wouldn't guess that it was the same head of hair in both pics! Well done! Isn't it exciting seeing the difference LHC'ing makes?

MaryMarx
January 2nd, 2013, 01:20 PM
It is so much thicker!
Thank you! I had to cut a LOT though, but it’s been worth it. :)

Wow that's an amazing transformation! Your hair looks gorgeous now :) Love the curls and the color!
Thank you, that was very nice. :) I really enjoy my natural colour now, even though I hated it for many years.

WOW what a progress! Your hair is just stunning now, I love the curls!
Thank you SO much!

What a progress! It looks a lot thicker! :)
Thank you, I’m so happy I made the decision to stop torturing it. :)

What a transformation! You're right, I'd never guess it was the same head of hair in both pictures. :) Congratulations!
Thank you very much. :) I’ll never abuse my hair like that again!

AnnaB
January 2nd, 2013, 01:21 PM
wow! well done, you have done amazing in 11 months! your hair looks fuller, thicker and I like the new colour!

MaryMarx
January 2nd, 2013, 01:28 PM
We might be hair twins!

That would be really great, because I'm looking for one!
Do you have any picture? :)

imaroo
January 2nd, 2013, 01:32 PM
it's very inspiring as your hair does look lovely now. You must just be tickled pink! You should be proud.

Atira
January 2nd, 2013, 02:01 PM
huge difference! it is really starting to look lovely!!

Annibelle
January 2nd, 2013, 02:02 PM
:thud: Even without seeing the "before" picture, I would think you have amazing hair. It looks so soft and fluffy. :cloud9: I love the color!

And in comparison with the "before"? Whoa! I've never seen such an incredible transformation! You're a real inspiration. :flower:

Fantak
January 2nd, 2013, 02:05 PM
Wow you have such pretty hair! You've come such a long way in the past 11 months! Kudos to you!

MaryMarx
January 2nd, 2013, 02:19 PM
:thud: Even without seeing the "before" picture, I would think you have amazing hair. It looks so soft and fluffy. :cloud9: I love the color!

And in comparison with the "before"? Whoa! I've never seen such an incredible transformation! You're a real inspiration. :flower:

You just made me kind of teary eyed, that was really sweet of you. :blossom:

Iolanthe13
January 2nd, 2013, 03:06 PM
Wow, your hair has such lovely shine and curl now! Love the colour too. Good job :)

pocketsmall
January 2nd, 2013, 04:42 PM
Very inspiring! Well done :thumbsup:

10000days
January 2nd, 2013, 05:25 PM
Wowmygosh you've given me hope that drastic change is possible!! Congrats you must be so happy!

dwell_in_safety
January 2nd, 2013, 05:58 PM
Ah, what a (positive) transformation. What a little TLC will do, when carried out over time... :) Your hair is beautiful.

metricfuture
January 2nd, 2013, 05:59 PM
What an impressive change!

Falcore
January 2nd, 2013, 06:21 PM
Amazing comparison! Congratulations.

Indigostreams
January 2nd, 2013, 06:26 PM
Your hair is so much fuller and healthier! Nice work!

SnowyDream
January 2nd, 2013, 06:36 PM
Your hair is beautiful, I love the color. :)

lunalocks
January 2nd, 2013, 07:52 PM
What a difference a (n almost) year and very good care can make. Congats. You have beautiful hair!

karenpetal
January 2nd, 2013, 08:04 PM
Wow MaryMarx that is amazing progress !! Keep it up

kitschy
January 2nd, 2013, 08:31 PM
Your natural hair is so healthy and beautiful. Congratulations!

jacqueline101
January 2nd, 2013, 09:11 PM
Its thicker and the color is great.

Micayla47
January 2nd, 2013, 09:50 PM
wow your hair is so beautiful! i love the soft waves and the golden brown color.

ozzy
January 3rd, 2013, 02:22 AM
wow. well done!! you're really an inspiration for people who think their hair can never be healthy. love your natural hair colour!! can't wait to see your progress next year!!!

MissAlida
January 3rd, 2013, 02:53 AM
That is amazing. Your hair looks so thick and shiny. Good work ;)

TheLadyKM
January 3rd, 2013, 03:15 AM
Indeed it is a healthy transformation! Happy New Year and Take care! Keep growing :blossom:

jennafrogg
January 3rd, 2013, 03:24 AM
Your progress is absolutely amazing!

Louise148
January 3rd, 2013, 03:29 AM
That is an amazing transformation. It's soooooo much thicker now. That's one happy head of hair :happydance:

bekstamonkey
January 3rd, 2013, 03:31 AM
Amazing! Congrats, you should be super-proud! :D

DancingQueen
January 3rd, 2013, 03:33 AM
Wow, that hair looks amazing! I am actually a bit jealous on the second picture. Way to go, girl!

MaryMarx
January 3rd, 2013, 03:43 AM
HairFaerie, turtlelover, Sarahlabyrinth, AnnaB, Atira, imaroo, Fantak, Iolanthe13, pocketsmall:

Thank you all so much! And yes, I definitely have LHC to thank for this. :)

MaryO
January 3rd, 2013, 08:01 AM
Wow, well done! Your hair looks great!

goldloli
January 3rd, 2013, 08:45 AM
beautiful progress, even though its not long, it looks totally cute esp with the piece clipped back. reminds me of some of the frenchy clipped hairstyles in amelie, always makes me consider shorter hair

vintage88
January 3rd, 2013, 09:27 AM
Wow that's such an amazing change! Congratulations and happy growing :)

jojo
January 3rd, 2013, 01:11 PM
Your hair has thickened up just lovely. It looks beautiful, i can see you developing some beautiful curls as it grows longer, whatever your doing continue with, its paying off beautifully.

Joliebaby
January 3rd, 2013, 01:16 PM
Your hair now is beautiful, great job!!!!!

lapushka
January 3rd, 2013, 04:47 PM
Your hair has thickened considerably. Well done! :)

MaryMarx
January 4th, 2013, 12:57 PM
wow. well done!! you're really an inspiration for people who think their hair can never be healthy. love your natural hair colour!! can't wait to see your progress next year!!!

Thanks! That was my quest. :D
Next time I update you'll hopefully see some length progress too. :)

MaryMarx
January 4th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Wow, that hair looks amazing! I am actually a bit jealous on the second picture. Way to go, girl!

Oh my, I never thought I'd hear that! Thank you very much. :)

MaryMarx
January 4th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Your hair has thickened up just lovely. It looks beautiful, i can see you developing some beautiful curls as it grows longer, whatever your doing continue with, its paying off beautifully.

Thank you so much, I really hope the curls will hold as it grows longer. :)

winship2
January 4th, 2013, 02:34 PM
This is so beautiful! Love the natural color and curl, and looks so shiny and soft. Congratulations, it's gorgeous!

MaryMarx
January 4th, 2013, 02:39 PM
1000days, dwell_in_safety, metricfuture, Falcore, Indigostreams, SnowyDream, lunalocks, karenpetal, kitschy, jacqueline101, Micayla47, MissAlida, TheLadyKM, jennafrogg, Louise148, bekstamonkey, MaryO, vintage88, Joliebaby, lapushka:

Thank you all! You're so kind.
I'm really not used to getting compliments on my hair so you have made me very encouraged! :blossom: :disco:

MaryMarx
January 4th, 2013, 02:41 PM
beautiful progress, even though its not long, it looks totally cute esp with the piece clipped back. reminds me of some of the frenchy clipped hairstyles in amelie, always makes me consider shorter hair

Thank you. :)
Terrible, outgrowing, mouth length bangs forces me to clip it back. ;)

Neecola
January 4th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Wow! Seriously impressive -- congratulations! The color and curl are fantastic~

RecklessCharlie
January 4th, 2013, 07:50 PM
WOW! You truly deserve to be proud of those locks. It looks SO healthy and full, eons different than the first photo.
I know how great this must feel for you - it its beautiful!

NataschaB.
January 4th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Very nice progress! Your hair looks sooo much better.

xoxophelia
January 4th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Wow what a difference! :)

Kosmos
January 5th, 2013, 12:18 PM
What a difference! This is a really inspiring post! Thank you.

MaryMarx
January 9th, 2013, 04:45 AM
winship2, Neecola, RecklessCharlie, NataschaB., xoxophelia, Kosmos:

Thank you so much. :)

Lucky
January 9th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Fantastic!!! What a difference a year makes! Just curious, what is your hair care routine?

Mischamiu
January 9th, 2013, 08:45 AM
That's amazing! I was in the same situation when I joined... it's nice to see that it gets better

bunzfan
January 9th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Wow excellent progress! its so much thicker ...also a tip from another wavy, as it gets longer your find the weight pulls it down more;)

MaryMarx
January 9th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Fantastic!!! What a difference a year makes! Just curious, what is your hair care routine?

Thank you! Yes, I could never imagine, thought it would take a lot more time. :)

I kind of... don't have one. I wash every other day if I have to (like if I'll be working or leave the house), with shampoo and conditioner...
When I have the money for it I'll switch to a shampoo without sulfates. :)
I try to remember to use some argan oil on the ends after washing too.

MaryMarx
January 9th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Wow excellent progress! its so much thicker ...also a tip from another wavy, as it gets longer your find the weight pulls it down more;)

Thanks bunzfan!
I'm waaaaaitiiiiing for that to happen. :D

QueenMadge
January 9th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Your hair looks very nice 11 months later. Much thicker.

battles
January 9th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Amazing progress! It looks so much thicker, and your curls are lovely.

SchnauzerMom
January 9th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Wow your hair has certainly improved a lot. It looks beautiful!

Simone_Fatale
January 9th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Wow, what gorgeous color and thickness! Amazing progress, congrats and happy growing. :)

MintChocChip
January 9th, 2013, 04:19 PM
It looks amazing! Well done!! :)

Yozhik
January 9th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Your hair is beautiful! That's certainly amazing progress and wonderful inspiration!

Great job. :thumbsup:

MaryMarx
January 10th, 2013, 02:06 AM
That's amazing! I was in the same situation when I joined... it's nice to see that it gets better
Thank you, well then you know the feeling. :)

Wow, what gorgeous color and thickness! Amazing progress, congrats and happy growing. :)
Thanks! I'm happy for the curls because the hide that my hair is actually pretty thin. :p Happy growing to you too!

QueenMadge, SchnauzerMom, battles, MintChocChip, Yozhik:
Thank you everyone for your kind words. :)

long-hair-lover
January 26th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Wow what an improvement!
Looks lovely:)

browneyedsusan
January 26th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Holey mackerel! You should be so proud of yourself! I'd never have believed that a person could turn their hair around that well and that quickly. Very nice job! :)

Alexblue
January 28th, 2013, 11:06 AM
I think your progress is one of the best I've seen on LHC. And your hair is just beautiful now. Perhaps you still have some left over damage but I don't see any in the photo.

...and such a nice mix of waves and spiral curls you have. Who needs curling tongs, eh!

Agnieszka
January 28th, 2013, 01:34 PM
wow! so inspiring!

MaryMarx
February 1st, 2013, 01:33 AM
Wow what an improvement!
Looks lovely:)
Thanks! :)

Holey mackerel! You should be so proud of yourself! I'd never have believed that a person could turn their hair around that well and that quickly. Very nice job! :)
Thanks! I thought it would take a lot longer, actually.

I think your progress is one of the best I've seen on LHC. And your hair is just beautiful now. Perhaps you still have some left over damage but I don't see any in the photo.

...and such a nice mix of waves and spiral curls you have. Who needs curling tongs, eh!
Whiii, thank you! :)

wow! so inspiring!
Thank you. :)