PDA

View Full Version : Want a new hair colour. Help me decide please. Pic included :)

AnnaB
January 2nd, 2013, 09:03 AM
I would like to dye my hair. I am currently dark brown. I would use Colour b4 to remove it and then dye it the chosen colour. I am more tempted towards henna, but here's a pic of my past colours, please share your thoughts :) Bad and good
Thank you :)

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd503/Anna_Butyrina/30146_395413426841_6215882_n_zpsee26dae1.jpg

spidermom
January 2nd, 2013, 09:10 AM
I think the color is picture #2 is the most flattering to your eyes and skin.

Sillage
January 2nd, 2013, 09:13 AM
I really like 2 and 7, I think they compliment your skin beautifully! 8 Also if you want to go redder and I really like the gentle purple/pink of your avi. You probably know this already but henna is quite a commitment... don't do it unless you're 100% sure :)

Annibelle
January 2nd, 2013, 09:17 AM
I agree-- 2 is beautiful. :)

DarkCurls
January 2nd, 2013, 09:17 AM
This is really unhelpful, but I'm impressed by your ability to look good in such a variety of colors. They all suit you, in my opinion. :)

If we're ruling out the brown photos (since you want a change), 7 looks the most natural to me and I think it goes best with your skin tone, but I have to say the fun side of all those reds makes it difficult to choose.

I think you are going to get many different opinions, so... go with your heart.

missfaroe
January 2nd, 2013, 09:20 AM
I really like the red colour :)

imaroo
January 2nd, 2013, 09:23 AM
I think 4 looks the most flattering with your eyes and skin tone. But, you look a bit more tan in that picture, so maybe that's throwing me off? Really, they all look lovely.

redsiren
January 2nd, 2013, 09:27 AM
I like nr 1 and nr 7.
But you look pretty in all of them.

DancingQueen
January 2nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
I love the colour and the hairstyle in number 8 :)

turtlelover
January 2nd, 2013, 09:41 AM
I really like you in all of the red shades personally, though #2 is nice as well. Not as much a fan of the blonde.

SleepyTangles
January 2nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
I like how 1 makes your skin and eyes pop! I like 3 too. You frankly look good in everything, I just wouldn't go too dark.

Majala
January 2nd, 2013, 09:51 AM
I like #2 the best, also 5 and 8; but each and every color looks really great on you.

Macaroni
January 2nd, 2013, 11:02 AM
I vote 5, it's the most natural looking and flatters your complexion and eye color.

vanillabones
January 2nd, 2013, 11:04 AM
I love #2 I also think it suits your coloring the best.

AnnaB
January 2nd, 2013, 01:25 PM
Thank you all so much for advise and compliments. As you can tell I like to change my hair colour, alot. I spoke to mum today and she said 'If you want your hair long, and healthy, stop damaging it with chemical dyes'

so instead of removing the colour I have now, I shall start dying my hair with henna and indigo. Once it arrives I shall try to find the balance to be close to picture 2.

Thank you all :D

MaryMarx
January 2nd, 2013, 01:40 PM
I like number 1 and 5! :)

RavenBaby
January 2nd, 2013, 01:42 PM
Picture 7 hands down! you look natural and beautiful and it suits your light skin tone perfectly, I think it's a dark-ish blonde.

Atira
January 2nd, 2013, 02:00 PM
Best one for your skin tones are #2 and #5.

Tota
January 2nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
1, 4, 6, 7 and 8 are all awesome! The only colour I think does not compliment you is 3.

oktobergoud
January 2nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
I like all the reds :D

Amygirl8
January 2nd, 2013, 02:35 PM
I really like 2 and 7.
7 looks so natural on you!

Maelyssa
January 2nd, 2013, 03:22 PM
Im more of a fan of the reds on you. I'm loving a shade like 8.

feb26
January 2nd, 2013, 03:45 PM
I love #1. Makes yr cheeks all pink & glowing, the other colors don't do nearly as much for you. FYI: henna is very heavy, finding this out about it turned me off the idea.

pepperminttea
January 2nd, 2013, 04:57 PM
#2 or #9 are my favourites. :) #1's quite nice too, but the washed out reds not so much. Do be aware henna is incredibly permanent, so if you're likely to want to get rid of it in six months, you might want to tread carefully.

lapushka
January 2nd, 2013, 04:59 PM
I like the blonde hair color on you the best.

MiaBeth
January 2nd, 2013, 07:32 PM
I like 5 -- it looks reddish brown to me, natural but lovely.

froglet
January 2nd, 2013, 09:03 PM
All of them look nice and you pull them all off, but picking favorites I'm going to go with #2, I think it flatters your skin tone and eyes the most.

jacqueline101
January 2nd, 2013, 09:22 PM
I like #2.

sunnydee92
January 2nd, 2013, 09:28 PM
2, 7, and 8 look the best in my opinion, though you really pull them all of quite well! ^.^

Micayla47
January 2nd, 2013, 09:47 PM
i love #3 and #9 :)

Mountaingrrl
January 2nd, 2013, 09:56 PM
I like 5 the best on you.

spirals
January 3rd, 2013, 12:02 AM
#2 is hands-down the best color on you, but if you want red, #7 does the most harmonizing with your coloring.

HintOfMint
January 3rd, 2013, 12:27 AM
Number 2 and 5 are my favorites. 5 has such a pretty gingery shimmer to the brown.

woolyleprechaun
January 3rd, 2013, 12:35 AM
I vote for the red ones! :)

silkreel
January 3rd, 2013, 01:12 AM
3 or 5. The red tint really makes your eyes pop and it's more natural than the other reads you posted. 2 is pretty, but red is special :)

Joliebaby
January 3rd, 2013, 03:01 AM
I think the red #1 is striking on you. I also like #3 and #5, the more natural reds.
Is there any shade that when you have it, you don't feel like you need to wear a lot of make-up to look good?
I think that's the one you should go with!!

ETA: I see you already made up your mind :) I think henna is a much better choice than colorfix and dye. I colorfixed my hair and the damage showed up much later, and my hair is usually quite resilient.. Just beware of indigo, if you EVER want to use any kind of bleach in your hair again, it WILL turn green. Ask me how I know ;)

AnnaB
January 3rd, 2013, 04:48 AM
I think the red #1 is striking on you. I also like #3 and #5, the more natural reds.
Is there any shade that when you have it, you don't feel like you need to wear a lot of make-up to look good?
I think that's the one you should go with!!

ETA: I see you already made up your mind :) I think henna is a much better choice than colorfix and dye. I colorfixed my hair and the damage showed up much later, and my hair is usually quite resilient.. Just beware of indigo, if you EVER want to use any kind of bleach in your hair again, it WILL turn green. Ask me how I know ;)

Thank you for the compliment. :) I love being red head but the up-keep is so hard! And then it seemed like every other person in UK went bright red like 1.

Every colour I have ever been, I have always needed to wear make up for me to feel comfortable. Because I have such pale skin, I look ill without.

I am naturally number 9. Am I am tempted to grow my natural hair colour out but i need to grow the damaged bleached parts first. And box dye just makes my hair worse.

I LOVE the way I look in 7, I love being blonde! My family liked it blonde, but it had murdered my hair, the hair dresser over processed it and it went all gummy and stringy.

Henna and Indigo are permanent, and I would not go back to box dyes after that.

So its either hendigo and have long healthy hair, or go for bright colour and stay short (as its easier to control the damage) :confused:

xoxophelia
January 3rd, 2013, 04:58 AM
Here is the thing, if you grow out natural, you can put henna over top for a red glow in the light and then since your hair is so dark, even if you decide to grow it out it isn't that big of a deal.

If you are most interested in funky hair colors and changing the color often, you may prefer to stay short. If you want to stay in the red family, and decide you will stick with that, you can be really careful with bleaching only your new growth. Then, you can henna over top of the bleach with a cassia/henna mix so it doesn't go too dark and then punch up the color further with a vegetable dye of some sort.

That might be more work that it is worth though...

A lot of the time, long hair stands on its own regardless of color. So if you decide you want to grow long you don't need to change the color all of the time for visual interest. It takes a lot of time to get from A to B though.

Lilli
January 3rd, 2013, 06:45 AM
#5 is the best. Brings out your eyes.

Gillian
January 3rd, 2013, 08:01 AM
i vote red! you have similar coloring to christina hendricks..you'd look great with her color too!

bahoban
January 3rd, 2013, 03:16 PM
7 suits you really good :D

Wild Strawberry
January 3rd, 2013, 06:29 PM
I like 1, 2 and 7.

goldloli
January 3rd, 2013, 10:21 PM
I really like 2 and 7, I think they compliment your skin beautifully! 8 Also if you want to go redder and I really like the gentle purple/pink of your avi. You probably know this already but henna is quite a commitment... don't do it unless you're 100% sure :)
everything this girl said was exactly what i thought, even the avi!

jojo
January 4th, 2013, 07:56 AM
My favorite is 3 and my least favorite is 9 as i think it looks too harsh against your skin, but the 3 looks totally made for you.

AnnaB
January 7th, 2013, 12:40 PM
My favorite is 3 and my least favorite is 9 as i think it looks too harsh against your skin, but the 3 looks totally made for you.

Thank you :)

Want to know something funny?
9 is my natural colour, also the reason why I dye my hair so much. Hehe

mzBANGBANG
January 7th, 2013, 03:37 PM
2 and 4 are my favorites, more partial to 4 because it has an "unnatural-natural" look to it, if that even makes sense. It's fun and unique.

Agnieszka
January 7th, 2013, 03:42 PM
My favourite is nr 7 but you can have any colour, it all suits you :-) I wouldn't go too dark.

Natalia
January 7th, 2013, 04:24 PM
i find 4,8,&7 the most flattering though i admit im a lover of red thouh blonde looks good too.

curlymarcia
January 7th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Wow, is there any hair color that doesn't suit you? You have a lot of good options to choose from, but I prefer the 3 and 8 (specially 3). Have fun with your new look!

Lostsoule77
January 7th, 2013, 08:35 PM
I like #5 the best. It makes your eyes pop. Plus it looks like it's a nice combo of a brown with a hint of red.

AnnaB
January 12th, 2013, 04:52 PM
I love changing my hair colour. It's so much fun but perhaps the reason I have had short hair for so many years!
I will stick to henna and indigo and experiment with different shades of brown/red. :)

AnnaB
February 3rd, 2013, 07:43 AM
I was decided on staying brown, but just found this on my computer and I WISH I was this colour again!

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd503/Anna_Butyrina/4ca8c75a-1694-4a4a-8860-52d24bce21ac_zpsea8740a7.jpg

cranberrymoonz
February 3rd, 2013, 08:12 AM
I like 6 the best. You have quite cool colors in your face, so the purple-ish reds suit you best. I think blonde and brown suit you too, but if you choose one of those, don't go to dark or light and choose an ashy tone. If you choose a natural looking color it will make your skin look healthy and glowing! But I also love the edgy look of bright reds^^

HumanBean
February 3rd, 2013, 10:21 AM
8 is my favorite. It's a very pretty red.

Colourful
February 3rd, 2013, 10:39 AM
I like all those colours on you but I prefer 6,7,8 the most.
You look very pretty! :)

MidnightMoon
February 3rd, 2013, 10:58 AM
I like #1 and #7, Dark colours seem to make your eyes look darker, and the dark red makes your skin look yellowish, so I'd go with a bright red or blonde ^^

eresh
February 3rd, 2013, 02:00 PM
I like 5 and 1 the best, but the one you just showed here looks the best imho :-)

Isilme
February 3rd, 2013, 04:48 PM
2,3 and 7 are the best! I don't like they purply reds.

RavennaNight
February 3rd, 2013, 08:12 PM
#7. Very complimentary to your face.

Scarlet_Heart
February 6th, 2013, 07:57 PM
I vote 5, it's the most natural looking and flatters your complexion and eye color.

I agree. 5 is natural and youthful looking on you. You look great in a variety of shades (lucky!). But I like 5 the best. You said you weren't sure if you wanted to go more brown or red? I think 5 is a nice auburn, a blend of the two.

Feles
February 7th, 2013, 02:49 AM
7 !! :crush:

SnowWhite
February 7th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Definitely 7!

missketi
February 7th, 2013, 09:05 AM
I like 7 but my favourite is 3.

YumiYume
February 9th, 2013, 02:07 AM
I love changing my hair colour. It's so much fun but perhaps the reason I have had short hair for so many years!
I will stick to henna and indigo and experiment with different shades of brown/red. :)

On that closeup picture in your next post I saw you have freckles, I then think you would look great in henna with a cool undertone, I found you looked the best in N.7 because of the light and soft impression and it matched your skintone, so I dont think you should go to dark with the henna/idigo mix

post a pic later when you have dyed it :)