PDA

View Full Version : Hair Care Journal

thisisnttakenye
January 1st, 2013, 07:53 PM
So I realized today after trying some new hair care techniques today that I wanted to find out how they affected my hair, so I could tweak my routine to find the perfect mix for me. Other people probably do this, but it is a novel idea for me, hair care journal. I want to write in it how I wash/condition my hair if I change anything and how it affects the texture/shininess/frizzyness of my hair. If I find any great new products, where I found them, their name ect. I would also track measurments and trims (even though I am trying to go no trim in 2013 :D)
Basically, it would just be my hair's diary. Even though this sounds like alot, anytime I make a semi-major hair action, I would log it and it shouldn't be that much. This is something I want to try, and I want to see if anyone is with me/ has any suggestions.:D

I realized two seconds after I posted this should probably be in projects :o

jacqueline101
January 1st, 2013, 09:39 PM
I've been writing my care routine in a journal along with my goals and mini mile markers. I think I've learned a lot from it.

sparrowswing
January 1st, 2013, 10:01 PM
For my first few months here at LHC (spring/summer last year) I was doing really well keeping an Excel spreadsheet with all hair info. One tab kept track of styles day-to-day (and night-to-night, finding what was most comfy, out of the way, and resulted in the fewest tangles in the morning). Another tab kept track of washes: type (WC, CWC, CO); products used; notes on smell, tangles, moisture, etc. Another tab tracked oils and other non-wash treatments. There was a tab for color, since I've always wanted to try henna, but I've never gotten around to it. And of course there was one to track length, but I only had two or three entries for that.

When I moved in with DBF, I didn't have the wherewithal to start a new one, so I haven't been keeping track. Being a new year and all, maybe I should remedy that...

thisisnttakenye
January 2nd, 2013, 03:10 PM
[QUOTE=sparrowswing;2360168]For my first few months here at LHC (spring/summer last year) I was doing really well keeping an Excel spreadsheet with all hair info. One tab kept track of styles day-to-day (and night-to-night, finding what was most comfy, out of the way, and resulted in the fewest tangles in the morning). Another tab kept track of washes: type (WC, CWC, CO); products used; notes on smell, tangles, moisture, etc. Another tab tracked oils and other non-wash treatments. There was a tab for color, since I've always wanted to try henna, but I've never gotten around to it. And of course there was one to track length, but I only had two or three entries [QUOTE=sparrowswing;2360168]
that sounds really cool, and SUPER helpful!

10000days
January 2nd, 2013, 05:31 PM
I was doing really well keeping an Excel spreadsheet with all hair info. One tab kept track of styles day-to-day (and night-to-night, finding what was most comfy, out of the way, and resulted in the fewest tangles in the morning). Another tab kept track of washes: type (WC, CWC, CO); products used; notes on smell, tangles, moisture, etc. Another tab tracked oils and other non-wash treatments. There was a tab for color, since I've always wanted to try henna, but I've never gotten around to it. And of course there was one to track length, but I only had two or three entries for that.

Excel spreadsheet- that's so clever! I keep an online blog and even though I'm just 4 pages in, it's already too messy and 'all over the place' to keep track... I might have to try Excel!

TheLuckyLurker
January 12th, 2013, 03:52 PM
I started one of these last year. It's not very fancy; I just write the date and relevant info (a trim, trying a new style, trying a treatment, etc.) in a composition notebook.

RileyJane
January 12th, 2013, 07:22 PM
haha i just started on on the 3rd, basically the same stuff. im hoping itll help me from going off track and not doing everything id like to do with my hair care :P