PDA

View Full Version : Another bangs or no bangs question

biogirl87
January 1st, 2013, 05:40 PM
Apologies for starting another thread on this subject, but I'm wanting others' opinions. I've had bangs on and off in my life, and lately noticed they seem to take away from thickness of my hair of my hair. It's the reason I want to grow them out but my mom likes me better with bangs. This is my hair when I got bangs done a year ago:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1177&d=1357087143
Hair without bangs (photo is a couple of years old):
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1176&d=1357087055
Do you think I should stay with bangs or grow them out? Opinions are greatly appreciated and any quick but thoughtful replies would be very much welcomed as my hair appointment is tomorrow. Thank you for your opinions and your time.

sparrowswing
January 1st, 2013, 05:50 PM
Personally, I prefer the no-bang look for you. You have a great face shape, and the bangs seem to make it look a little more round. Then again, the roundness is really cute too.

But you should also consider which you prefer. Is one easier to maintain than the other? When I had bangs, I had to trim them every week or two or they'd be in my eyes (any shorter and they looked awful), I had to wash them twice a day to keep them from looking greasy, and I had horrible forehead acne, so it wasn't a difficult choice for me. My friend tried growing hers out several times and could never stand all the effort it took to keep then pinned out of the way while they were in that awkward mid-face range.

Do you still wear the glasses? That might be affecting which look I prefer...

Natalia
January 1st, 2013, 06:06 PM
With your texture you look good either way. i am partial to bangs but i also have very limp flat hair, if you want to grow them out go for it you can alays cut them back. Its easier to change your mind from a grow out than a cut.

shutterpillar
January 1st, 2013, 06:07 PM
I say no bangs. :) But the side swept bangs you have in the first picture don't look bad at all.

spirals
January 1st, 2013, 06:16 PM
I like you both ways. If you get them and decide you don't like them, pinning them to the side can look cute.

Sillage
January 1st, 2013, 06:42 PM
No bangs imo :)

The-Young-Maid
January 1st, 2013, 07:21 PM
I think you should grow them out a bit, if you change your mind you can always cut them. :shrug:I decided to grow my fringe out for more thickness, currently at SH/AP length now.

Annibelle
January 1st, 2013, 07:55 PM
You are so pretty! :flower:

I think I prefer no bangs, but you look so great both ways.

biogirl87
January 1st, 2013, 08:14 PM
Thank you ladies for your replies.

Sparrowswing, I still wear glasses (have worn them for about ten years now), my mom likes it better when I take them off when taking pics or having a picture of myself in it taken.

eyesofsummer
January 1st, 2013, 08:39 PM
Thank you ladies for your replies.

Sparrowswing, I still wear glasses (have worn them for about ten years now), my mom likes it better when I take them off when taking pics or having a picture of myself in it taken.

I think you look nice both with and without the bangs, but I think you look GREAT with the glasses! They really suit you :)

I like the length of the bangs you have, because you can easily pin them back either while growing them out or just for changing up your look (I adore fun clips and pins!)

jacqueline101
January 1st, 2013, 09:23 PM
I like the bangs they're cute.