PDA

View Full Version : Question for the non-trimmers

W2
January 1st, 2013, 08:29 AM
At what length did you stop trimming?

Do you S&D?

Does it get detangling more difficult?

I have always trimmed 2-4 times a year, since I find, that my ends get rather velcro-ish. But maybe it's just a phase? Maybe it doesn't matter?

Would very much like some input and advice

MonaMayfair
January 1st, 2013, 09:15 AM
I haven't had a trim for a year, I've gone longer than that before. I don't get split ends (and I have looked for them and never found one, so I don't S&D) The ends aren't dry at all (now just past waist length)
I don't wear my hair up, but I do wear it in one or two braids a lot.
My hair always gets tangly, no matter what the length, it's pretty fine (the strands were thicker when I was using henna, but I'm growing that out now) Not cutting it doesn't seem to make any difference to anything but the appearance, in that it doesn't have a blunt hemline. I don't think it looks bad at all though when it's worn lose.

dollyfish
January 1st, 2013, 09:23 AM
I haven't trimmed since my last haircut, which was over a year and a half ago (EDIT: I cut it to jaw-length). I've seen a split hair exactly once, and though I *try* to S&D every once in a while I never find anything. My hair does tend to be prone to dryness and tangle, but this happens the same way no matter whether or trim or not; it has nothing to do with my ends. I think I just have really sturdy hair.

trolleypup
January 1st, 2013, 09:35 AM
At what length did you stop trimming?
Plus or minus classic.

Do you S&D?
Yes, and when I get behind, the tangling and velcro gets worse.

Does detangling get more difficult?
Only if I don't S&D

I have always trimmed 2-4 times a year, since I find, that my ends get rather velcro-ish. But maybe it's just a phase? Maybe it doesn't matter?

Would very much like some input and adviceWith the age of my hair and the accumulated damage in the length of the hair, trims don't do much as the splits may be inches or feet from my tips. The only thing that helps is S&D...lots of S&D!