PDA

View Full Version : Tell a LH You Love Her/His Hair!

Artisticat
December 31st, 2012, 09:02 PM
I was shopping today and at the checkout line before me stood a statuesque and elegant women with all silver-grey hair tied up neatly with a butterfly/claw hair clip. I hesitated at first to compliment her on her hair...but decided to go ahead anyway. I found out her hair is BSL and I proceeded to tell her about the LHC. We exchanged some nice pleasantries...I hope she joins up!

I felt great not letting an opportunity go by to encourage and support a fellow LH! :grouphug:

I would love to hear your stories as well.

Happy New Year!

meishkamooshka
December 31st, 2012, 09:47 PM
There was an older woman working as a cashier at Trader Joe's. She had magnificent, blonde (likely) TBL hair. I told her she had beautiful hair, and she got very happy. Then she said, "So do you!" It was great!

Happy New Year to you, too!

Wahinee
December 31st, 2012, 10:03 PM
I was on the subway and sat across from an african american woman with THICK grey braids. I was staring at her way too much so as I got off I had to let her know that it was because her hair was so beautiful

Natalia
December 31st, 2012, 10:05 PM
Ive dished out a few recently at healthfood shops and trader joes the people tend to be a bit more receptive in those enviornments than other shopping places.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 31st, 2012, 10:11 PM
I was admiring a lady' s lovely long silver hair last week, and she was very happy with the compliment, said she couldn't see why everyone feels the need to have short hair these days, and don't they realise that long hair is much easier. She admired my hairstick, she hadn't seen one before. I told her about LHC but she doesn't use computers, she tells me. It was a fun conversation though.

AnqeIicDemise
December 31st, 2012, 10:37 PM
I once complimented this beautiful Indian lady on both her gorgeous sari and her hair (ladies, it was thud worthy. So thick, shiny and about classic length-- IN A HIGH PONY). She gave me the friendliest of smiles and said I too was beautiful. It made me cry. :D

jacqueline101
January 1st, 2013, 02:19 AM
I told the cashier at Dollar General she has nice hair its waist length.

melusine963
January 1st, 2013, 02:51 AM
I was at a wedding once where one of the guests had knee length red hair, worn loose. It took me to the very end when we were both waiting at the same bus stop to screw up the courage to tell her I thought her hair was great. We had a nice conversation, and I discovered I wasn't the only one in my town who uses coconut oil. :)