PDA

View Full Version : APL by Christmas 2013

HairFaerie
December 31st, 2012, 11:44 AM
Yes, it's that time of year! Time to set some length goals!

I am currently almost touching shoulder. My goal is to hit APL by Christmas 2013.

Would anyone else like to join me in achieving this goal for 2013?

oktobergoud
December 31st, 2012, 12:26 PM
I'm in! :D My goal for 2013 is to reach APL, so Christmas time seems like a good time ;) :D

browneyedsusan
December 31st, 2012, 12:39 PM
me too!
I didn't really have a goal length, but that sounds like a great one! I think I'll be able to make it even with a spring trim to even things up--the pixie is growing out RAGGEDY.

cooklaezo13
December 31st, 2012, 02:49 PM
My goal was to get APL by Christmas 2012, but I only made it to half an inch above APL. I will definitely make it to APL by Christmas 2013!!!

HairFaerie
December 31st, 2012, 04:44 PM
Yay! Good luck, everyone! We can do this!

I will be fine if I can just get past shoulder. That's usually when I get frustrated and cut. Not this year! I will persevere!

I was going to sign up in the mid-back by Christmas 2013 but I thought that might be a little too ambitious. I am pretty sure APL will be attainable. I figured it is better to pick a goal that I can reach instead of one that will just end in disappointment...

Words
December 31st, 2012, 05:08 PM
Im in! Right now im almost at shoulder :)

Neecola
January 1st, 2013, 10:30 AM
:hifive: I'm in too!

I'm not sure how realistic a goal it is for me, as I have another 5 or 6 inches to go before APL and I microtrim fairly regularly. But I am surprised at how quickly I got to shoulder from chin (in fact, I didn't realize it until HairFaerie pointed it out!)

Good luck everyone!

palaeoqueen
January 18th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I'm in! I was originally aiming for APL by Easter, then my Birthday (June) but I have so much damage to cut away I think a more realistic goal is a healthier APL+ by the end of the year. I was at 20.5" at the beginning of January and I seem to have an average growth rate so it should definitely be possible even with some trims.

HairFaerie
January 18th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Welcome everyone!

Let's post update photos once in a while, so we can see our progress! :)

oktobergoud
January 19th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Sounds like a great plan!
I'm really not sure if I'm going to make it in the back, since my hair there is a little shorter. But I can always try ;) Hopefully the 'no trimming' challenge will help!

Indigostreams
January 20th, 2013, 10:13 PM
I will join! My hair is almost touching collar bone right now.

browneyedsusan
January 21st, 2013, 07:26 AM
Sounds like a great plan!
I'm really not sure if I'm going to make it in the back, since my hair there is a little shorter. But I can always try ;) Hopefully the 'no trimming' challenge will help!

And I'm pretty certain I won't make it in the front!

Anwen
January 21st, 2013, 11:20 AM
Well, I have a fair bit of damage, and definitely need a trim, as my hair's a bit shaggy and shapeless (but I want to grow out the layers, so that'll be interesting...) but I'm going to try to join in.

theodora
January 21st, 2013, 11:59 AM
I'm joining this thread too. Just cut back to nape on 01/01 for my birthday, hopefully if I don't trim at all I'll make it to APL at the end of the year. That's 6 inches to grow so it seems doable.

HairFaerie
January 21st, 2013, 12:22 PM
Your hair goes pretty fast, Oktobergoud & Browneyensusan, I am confident that you will make APL by Christmas! :)

Hey, if ANY of my hair reaches armpit length by Christmas = WIN!

SerinaDaith
January 21st, 2013, 01:05 PM
I am in! My hope is to be at APL in June for my birthday since I am at 17.5 inches right now and APL is right about 21 inches I have some vague hope of making it. If not Christmas should definitly see me at APL!

icallitbliss
January 21st, 2013, 01:17 PM
I'm definitely in!

Gabbie
January 21st, 2013, 04:44 PM
I'm almost at shoulder length now so hopefully at APL by Christmas.

geeorgie
January 21st, 2013, 05:14 PM
Ohh I can actually do this one! I don't know if all my layers will be at apl by then but the length should be there by july, so hopefully i'll be very close to having hair all one length by the end of the year :D

Nique1202
January 22nd, 2013, 12:50 PM
I'm only four inches (maybe a little less, I haven't measured in a couple of weeks!) from APL, so I am definitely in. APL seems like the milestone where I'll be able to do some real styling (English braids, cinnabuns, even just that would give me some variety). Right now it's claw clip or ponytail, and I won't use ponytail holders except to hold pigtail braids in at night (I don't like the look of them to wear out) so I'm getting tired of claw clips already. :(

At least I can practice some of the really pretty buns in miniature on the sides of my head.

patchoulilove
January 22nd, 2013, 01:04 PM
I had a huge chop (somewhere between 10-13") on 12-20-2012! As of now, I'm just under chin. APL may be a lofty goal for December 2013, but I'm taking much better care of my hair now. I anticipate NO :scissors: this year and lots of moisturizing and eating right and all that jazz! So, please count me in! I don't know if I'll make it, but I will be delighted if I manage to do so!! :cool: :cloud9:

patchoulilove

HairFaerie
February 5th, 2013, 09:23 AM
I have officially hit shoulder (I just posted a thread with pics) and I am excited to start traveling to APL! :)

Hopefully I can make it by Christmas 2013...that would be AWESOME!

MissySue
February 7th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I'm late to the party but can I join too? APL for me is about 24", and I'm at 22" right now. I should have been longer but I keep going back to the hairdressers and getting trims. I guess I was just going back and forth between wanting to grow and wanting to maintain around collarbone length. I have a hard time with sticking to a decision, I keep changing my mind. I once read a post by Spidermom about goal setting, I don't remember the exact wording but she said she'll make a goal and then make herself stick to it and then once there she can continue on or do something different. I hope I didn't totally change what she said but that is kind of what I remember. Anyway that's what I plan to do. So my goal is to get to APL (around June it should be) and then to trim about 1/2" per month for about 6 months (I have a fair amount of layering that I want to get rid of). So although I'll get to APL well before Christmas I'll only be part way to my goal. I'll still need to get rid of most of the layers, and that will take until Christmas 2013.

So, here's hoping we all make our goals!!!

HairFaerie
February 7th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Welcome, MissySue! Of course you can join the party! The more the merrier, right?:happydance:

Goal setting is a great idea. It helps you focus a little bit. Like you said, you can always change it/re-evaluate once you hit it!

Good luck & happy growing!

HairFaerie
April 4th, 2013, 05:00 PM
How are we all doing with this? I am starting to think I might not make it. Although my hair grows pretty fast, this is the longest stretch for me as far as goals are concerned because of my body shape.

Here's where I am at so far:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IH67CzV6n2E/UV39NMwlFzI/AAAAAAAAALU/8HV8VdoryxY/s640/MarchApril.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7w1qDZh539o/UV39PXzh1NI/AAAAAAAAALc/Bf_sDu2yOFE/s640/MarchAprilSide.jpg

On a more positive note, once I reach APL, BSL shouldn't be that far and BSL to waist should be a breeze! :)

Shoulder to APL is a loooooong journey for me though.

Note to self: I need to take a body pic from a distance wearing just a bra so I can mark the milestones more clearly to get a better idea of distance between all of them!

SerinaDaith
April 5th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Well I am sitting at about 18 inches of hair (still) and need around 21 stretched for APL in back, however I am APL in front because of the A line cut that I had a year ago. So I guess I am sort of kind of there? I'll wait to really call APL till it's visible on an average day with my curly/wavy hair so I will guess that I will definitely be there by Christmas. Happy growing y'all!

oktobergoud
April 5th, 2013, 08:32 AM
How are we all doing with this? I am starting to think I might not make it. Although my hair grows pretty fast, this is the longest stretch for me as far as goals are concerned because of my body shape.

Here's where I am at so far:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IH67CzV6n2E/UV39NMwlFzI/AAAAAAAAALU/8HV8VdoryxY/s640/MarchApril.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7w1qDZh539o/UV39PXzh1NI/AAAAAAAAALc/Bf_sDu2yOFE/s640/MarchAprilSide.jpg

On a more positive note, once I reach APL, BSL shouldn't be that far and BSL to waist should be a breeze! :)

Shoulder to APL is a loooooong journey for me though.

Note to self: I need to take a body pic from a distance wearing just a bra so I can mark the milestones more clearly to get a better idea of distance between all of them!

It looks really good!! Really thick also :)

I think I'm going to make it! I think I need about another 2,5 inch before I can call it APL, or maybe 3 inches. So about another 6 months or so at least. APL by Christmas is possible I think :)

Neecola
April 5th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Wow, HairFaerie, your hair looks great! Noticeable length difference between March & April

I updated my avatar photo not too long ago, so I have a long way to go... But I am enjoying my hair more and more as it is slowly creeping on.

HairFaerie
April 6th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Very pretty, Neecola! I love your curls!

oktobergoud
April 6th, 2013, 06:57 AM
I just did a towel test and it was fairly depressing LOL!! Oh well, I still have another 8 months or so :P

HairFaerie
April 6th, 2013, 11:00 AM
A lot can happen in 8 months! I have my fingers crossed! Happy growing everyone!

Neecola
April 6th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Very pretty, Neecola! I love your curls!

Thank you! :flowers:

Neecola
June 4th, 2013, 11:42 AM
*bump*

Well, we're nearly halfway there peeps. How's everyone doing?

My hair is feeling a bit longer but I don't think I'll make APL in another six months. Especially since I microtrim :scissors: But I am content as every month I find I can do more with my hair!

lazuliblue
June 4th, 2013, 12:04 PM
I don't know if I've joined this thread yet....so I'll do it again just to make sure! I think I have about 4-5 inches to go, but my hair grew 2.5 inches in 1.5 months at the last measure, so it might be possible to reach APL by Christmas :)

Vampyria
June 4th, 2013, 12:28 PM
I'm joining! :) I actually got to APL two weeks ago, but I wasn't quite happy with the state of my hair (thin ends, see-through canopy due to previous shedding and new growth), so I cut it back. I'm a bit above collarbone now, but I plan not to trim it until 2014, so I might make it.

palaeoqueen
June 4th, 2013, 01:54 PM
I'm half an inch away so will definitely make it, should be there at the beginning of July :D I do need to trim a bit but I won't be going shorter than APL, my hair's never been this long before and I'm enjoying it!

browneyedsusan
June 4th, 2013, 02:30 PM
I did a towel test, and was a long way off. But, if I just hold the mirror, stick my arm out and eyeball it; it looks closer! I think I'll make it, but only check every couple of months. (Too much checking might make me obsessive, I don't want that!) I've already had my "annual" trim, so am good to grow!

HairFaerie
June 4th, 2013, 03:24 PM
I cut back to pixie at the beginning of May, so it will be a while for me! ;)

Oh, man! I have no willpower when it comes to hair! I was just getting so FRUSTRATED with it...

Neecola
June 5th, 2013, 10:40 AM
lazuliblue - Whoa!! 2.5 inches in six weeks is darn impressive. There is every chance you will make it!

Vampyria - Here's to happier ends! :beerchug:

palaeoqueen - Congrats on being so close to APL! I hope you'll post a picture once you get there...

browneyedsusan - I don't check often either because it wouldn't take much to nudge me into full on hair madness. :D I just recently had a day that I felt like "Hey, my hair IS getting longer" and it was a great feeling!

HairFaerie - Pixies are fun! Enjoy it! Good timing too with the summer heat.

oktobergoud
June 5th, 2013, 12:59 PM
I did a towel test and I'm SO CLOSE! When I stretch my hair it actually reaches APL (but like, JUST the tips, like hardly haha!). I think I'll fully reach APL in about 5 months or so? :) Yay! :P

Neecola
June 6th, 2013, 12:40 PM
oktobergoud: :disco: nearly there! Love new siggy pic, the color is fantastic back-lit like that.

oktobergoud
August 17th, 2013, 03:19 AM
*bumps*

Thanks Neecola , haha 2,5 months later.. oops :/

I have just reached APL, so I guess my work here is done ;D How about you guys? How far are you? :)

BlondeWavyGal
August 17th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Yep. Im in this thread now, going from collarbone+ to APL.

MaryMarx
August 17th, 2013, 03:52 AM
I think I might make it... wet and stretched it's APL already. Dry and fully curly it's like... 6-8 months away. Depressing. :rolleyes:

palaeoqueen
August 17th, 2013, 05:14 AM
I made it in July. I think we should all come back in December for a picture share, I'm sure everyone will be there by then :D

Indigostreams
August 18th, 2013, 07:56 AM
I made it in July. I think we should all come back in December for a picture share, I'm sure everyone will be there by then :D
Yes we should! This thread was at the end of the line for a while, glad it came back up. I don't know if I'll make it to APL by Christmas, but it's possible. I will have stopped breastfeeding by November, and my hope it that the extra nutrients that aren't going to the milk will go to my hair will and help it grow faster. Lol. There's no scientific basis for this thought, it's just a hopeful thought. :o

Also, Oktobergoud, you're hair is so vibrantly colored and shiny, and I love the layered look you have.

Neecola
August 19th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Yay, Oktobergoud!

MaryMarx - I'm in the same boat. I realized a few weeks back that I am at APL when I misted and oiled my hair. But yeah, a long ways off before I am curly and APL...

palaeoqueen - I think the picture share is a great idea!

NataschaB.
August 19th, 2013, 05:35 PM
I'd love to join this, but I plan on getting my hair cut pretty soon, so I'm not sure it can reach APL by Christmas. Oh well, I guess I'll join anyway :D

curlytwirlykate
August 19th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Oh man! APL by Christmas is totally my goal <3

MaryMarx
August 20th, 2013, 01:16 AM
I'm in the same boat. I realized a few weeks back that I am at APL when I misted and oiled my hair. But yeah, a long ways off before I am curly and APL...
Fingers crossed we'll get there sooner than we think. :)

lazuliblue
August 20th, 2013, 04:50 AM
I'm 2 inches away! Well, the back of my hair is, the front is shorter from growing out the pixie. Not sure I can get 2 inches of growth in 4 months but we shall see....

Stray_mind
August 20th, 2013, 05:08 AM
I'd like to try that too, but i'm not sure. I'd need at least 10 cm to reach it, but it could be a great starting goal for me ;)

browneyedsusan
August 20th, 2013, 05:29 AM
I think I'll make it. The back is close, but the front isn't, and I can't see back there! *scampers off to the mirror*

oktobergoud
November 14th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I have already made it! *bumps topic* How is everyone else? :)

Neecola
November 14th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Yay, Oktobergoud!

Well, I passed an unofficial towel test last time I washed my hair. I got out of the shower and wrapped my towel around me and had to untuck my wet hair. I haven't checked my hair curly lately but I think I'm pretty darn close if I'm not there already.

browneyedsusan
November 14th, 2013, 01:40 PM
I made it!!!!!
My hair hasn't been this long since... 39 years ago! (Trying not to think about that too hard.)

I cant believe it's this long. I'm a "long-hair", Baby! :cheer:

Liz_park
November 14th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I think APL by Christmas is likely! I am alllmost there! There are some strands that pass the towel test and some layers that are definitely closer to shoulder, but I'm going to do a trim in December and so I shall see after that where I am! :D

Congrats Neecola, browneyedsusan, and oktobergoud!

Neecola
November 18th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Thanks Liz_park! I'm planning a trim here pretty soon too so we'll see.

That's great, Browneyesusan! Way to set your mind and make your goal! :hifive:

HairFaerie
November 18th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Yay! Congrats to all who made it!

Unfortunately, I caved in May and got a pixie. I am at chin now. Slowly, making my journey again! :)

oktobergoud
November 20th, 2013, 06:36 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/apllll.jpg

Definitely reached APL now ^_^

Neecola
November 20th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Wow, really past APL Oktobergoud! Looks great!

browneyedsusan
November 20th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Thanks all!

@ Oktobergoud: You have 2" on me. Easy!
Looking good! :thumbsup:

browneyedsusan
January 3rd, 2014, 07:53 AM
*bump*

Well? How'd it go? (I made it. Started finding splits, and snip them off when I catch them. The layers, which I like, are shorter and hard to see. Those splits will be challenging.)

Anyone want to go again? BSL or longer by Christmas 2014?

HairFaerie
January 3rd, 2014, 08:12 AM
I didn't make it because I cut back to pixie last May. I trimmed to keep the mullet at bay each month. I am almost at shoulder again...a few more months maybe! Yay! Perhaps I will reach APL by Christmas 2014! :)

HairFaerie
January 3rd, 2014, 08:12 AM
Congrats to all that made it!!!

lazuliblue
January 3rd, 2014, 11:28 AM
*bump*

Well? How'd it go? (I made it. Started finding splits, and snip them off when I catch them. The layers, which I like, are shorter and hard to see. Those splits will be challenging.)

Anyone want to go again? BSL or longer by Christmas 2014?

Me!

I did reach it APL, only just as the longest layers made it while the front still has a way to go. I didn't really chop off the mullet very well so the back of my hair is about 1-2 inches longer thank the front. On to BSL for Xmas 2014! And well done to everyone else :)