PDA

View Full Version : Hot buns

Lostsoule77
December 30th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Has anyone else seen this commercial? It's a soft roller that you microwave and hook together to make waves. It's a commercial sock bun maker. Guess the public is catching onto sock bun waves! :bigtongue: Too bad they don't realize they can do it without heat and with a sock they already own. :shrug:

akilina
December 30th, 2012, 02:26 PM
There was a thread just a few days ago..
Im not into microwaving it but i would like some bun maker like it...I can't do sock buns..and i feel wrong rolling the sock against my hair shaft

Lostsoule77
December 30th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Woops, I'm so horrible with the search function on here.

I've never tried. I think the buns are too big and I don't need fake waves. Still think this is a funny product though.

Amygirl8
December 30th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Dunno if I saw the right one, but...
The thing I noticed is that they never show you rolling the hair around the whole thing, which is my big issue when making buns with this method.
Seems fishy and a waste of time IMO

Kaelee
December 30th, 2012, 02:49 PM
The name made me laugh. :lol:

TheHowlingWolf
December 30th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I can't do sock buns..and i feel wrong rolling the sock against my hair shaft

Yeah that's why I'm paranoid about trying sock buns to get curls. I've been thinking about doing bandana curls but idk.

jacqueline101
December 30th, 2012, 03:15 PM
I think I've heard of them. I've never used one.

IndigoOptimist
December 30th, 2012, 04:27 PM
There was a thread just a few days ago..
Im not into microwaving it but i would like some bun maker like it...I can't do sock buns..and i feel wrong rolling the sock against my hair shaft

I have to agree with you there. I do wear a sock bun sometimes, but I hate rolling it down the shaft, so I just wrap the excess hair around the bun which doesn't look as nice. Also my hair tries to run away when I roll it up along the shaft. I'd like something like this, just without the warming thingy in it ;)

akilina
December 30th, 2012, 05:01 PM
So about the whole sock bun thing...i found a bun maker on amazon..its literally 2 cents... its got the foamy material and theres a slot you put your hair in then roll down. Its flexy so it seems like it makes a good bun..its kinda like the hot buns but your hair goes in the middle so its easy.

Does this make sense to anyone/ does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Amapola
December 30th, 2012, 06:21 PM
So about the whole sock bun thing...i found a bun maker on amazon..its literally 2 cents... its got the foamy material and theres a slot you put your hair in then roll down. Its flexy so it seems like it makes a good bun..its kinda like the hot buns but your hair goes in the middle so its easy.

Does this make sense to anyone/ does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Could you post a link? It sounds really interesting.

I did a sock bun... ONCE. Never again, they are not good for my hair!

IndigoOptimist
December 30th, 2012, 07:23 PM
I've found this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flexible-Metal-Sponge-Styling-Curler/dp/B00880AFMM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356920494&sr=8-1), but there doesn't seem to be any way of securing the two ends together :confused:

akilina
December 30th, 2012, 07:42 PM
I've found this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flexible-Metal-Sponge-Styling-Curler/dp/B00880AFMM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356920494&sr=8-1), but there doesn't seem to be any way of securing the two ends together :confused:

Yeah thats the one!!! I think you just pop in a bobby pin...I never thought of that part..I saw a description of how its done but i totally forgot :( a bobby pin doesnt sound right...I will try to check again once Im home on my computer..im just on my phone now.

WaitingSoLong
December 30th, 2012, 09:03 PM

You bend it in place. It holds by itself. There are tutorials on YouTube. You just bend the ends in or curve it in.

I have always thought I was the only one who couldn't stand rolling the sock against my hair. That is why I stopped using my Wrapter (http://www.wrapter.com/ordersWrapter.htm). You have to unroll it UP the hair as well. :::shudder::::

I see all these sock bun waves tutorials and I just cringe. I tried it ONCE. I failed miserably and just ended up wrapping the hair around it, too.