PDA

View Full Version : Weird tangle problem- advice?

MaryO
December 30th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I have been getting a humungous tangle in my hair at a specific place for years now; I actually cut my hair because of it on a previous occasion. I always thought it was due to damage but at the moment I have undyed, untreated rather healthy hair but it still happens. I CWC and always after washing (even if I did condition) it will be there and stay there until my hair is dry. I don't try to take it out because it leads to many hairs coming out during the process so I just leave it until dry and then take it apart (I also don't use any heat on my hair.) Just also want to say that I don't "fold" my hair too much when washing- I do massage my head but that hair doesn't get pushed around too much, if you know what I mean!

So I am wondering if there's anything I can do about this or should I just be happy that it goes away when dry? (It used to stay there like very coarse hair even when dry!) Any advice would be appreciated!!

Here's a picture with wet hair:
http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s531/Maryo06/Tangle2_zps2fe9ead7.jpg

And a picture with dry hair (it sort of look like its teased a bit...)
http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s531/Maryo06/Tanlge1_zps0c82dac0.jpg

(I do hope I got the sizes right!!)

MaryO
December 30th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Nooooo! Sorry for the big pics- just can't get it right (even if I make it smaller in Photoshop!):confused::knuckle:

spidermom
December 30th, 2012, 10:53 AM
My hair likes to web together like that. Combing conditioner through helps. (I should remember this next time I wash hair.)

Gillian
December 30th, 2012, 10:59 AM
i will be checking in on this thread. I get the exact same thing but on the back of my head about half way down my length. it just started happening since it hit bsl. i am going to try keeping a wide tooth comb in the shower and comb it when i have conditioner in. GOOD LUCK! i will let you know if i make any good discoveries!

woolyleprechaun
December 30th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Funnily enough, I have a patch on my crown that loves to make a nest. Unfortunately, its also the section most prone to splitting. I oil the heck out of it, and apply extra conditioner and use one of those shower tangle teezers.... I'm having some sucsess I think. I must admit, yours is in an odd place! What side do you sleep on, if I may ask a strange question?

Lauram
December 30th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Perhaps you have an odd cowlick at the roots and it causes the hair to grow in an odd direction? So they twist around each other in a spot?? Not sure

gonzobird
December 30th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I havent had a tangle since I have started using this stuff. Its the best best best leave in detangler EVER.
EVER EVER EVER.

http://www.justnaturalskincare.com/hair-products/daily-spray-detangler.html

NightOwl26
December 30th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Is it the way you dry your hair in the towel? Maybe try another drying technique. Or try a more slippery conditioner and finger comb in the shower with it too.

jacqueline101
December 30th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I'd try to comb conditioner through your hair when shampooing.

ravenreed
December 30th, 2012, 01:14 PM
I always brush my hair right before I wash and that helps to reduce tangles. Have you tried a catnip rinse? I have had good luck with that reducing splits and giving my hair more slip so it tangles less.

melusine963
December 30th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Perhaps you have an odd cowlick at the roots and it causes the hair to grow in an odd direction? So they twist around each other in a spot?? Not sure

This would be my guess, too. I would recommend finger-combing while the conditioner is still in.

Natalia
December 30th, 2012, 04:13 PM
I have a spot like that. Its a genetic quirk in my case a little curly spot in my nape hair my brother aunt and mom have it too. It better as it gets longer since it gets weighed down. Im like you i cant detangle when wet my hair snaps and falls out so just wait till its dry and be gentle. Since mine is on the underside and it wont show if it gets over oiled i tend to give that spot a bit more than the rest which helps too.

MaryO
December 30th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Funnily enough, I have a patch on my crown that loves to make a nest. Unfortunately, its also the section most prone to splitting. I oil the heck out of it, and apply extra conditioner and use one of those shower tangle teezers.... I'm having some sucsess I think. I must admit, yours is in an odd place! What side do you sleep on, if I may ask a strange question?

I've never considered the way I sleep but I actually do sleep on the other side- good question though! ;-)

Thanks for all of the ideas! The cowlick does sound plausible as well!