PDA

View Full Version : Help from Chemical colorheads!

beautifulending
December 29th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Okay, so I just dyed my hair and I misplaced the little conditioner pack that was in the box. I used Aussie 3mm instead. Will me not using the conditioner pack have an effected on the color? or does it not matter?:confused:

Ravenwind
December 29th, 2012, 11:58 PM
It shouldn't make a difference, but the conditioner it came with is probably meant for color treated hair, and I think it makes the color last longer. I think you'll be fine though :)

Rosetta
December 30th, 2012, 01:36 AM
It doesn't matter at all, any other (deep) conditioner for dry/damaged/coloured hair would do just fine (and Aussie 3MM is very good for this purpose) :)

Those on the box conditioners do sometimes have a way of making your hair feel & look fabulous though, at least that's what I've experienced when I used to dye, but when I've used them as normal conditioner, i.e. without dying, they haven't had the same effect... :ponder: Strange, I know!
(I refuse to believe it was the actual dyeing that made my hair feel & look fabulous... Maybe it was the immediate effect, but in the long run, no.)

Natalia
December 30th, 2012, 02:11 AM
to parrot what has been said it wont matter at all. Those packs ae usually just a heavy cone condish to make your hair look smooth and shiny.

Sillage
December 30th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Agree that using a different conditioner from what's in the box will not effect the color. However I think that coloring my hair does make it shinier and smoother.

jojo
December 30th, 2012, 07:43 AM
I never use the conditioner it comes with, theres never enough for my hair and i only use reflex temp dye and it washes out after a month regardless of what i use!

jacqueline101
December 30th, 2012, 10:05 AM
It won't make any difference as to if you use it or not.