PDA

View Full Version : s&d question

Tawnylioness
December 29th, 2012, 05:36 PM
is there a less time consuming way to do a s&d? i have waist length hair that has a hundred different lengths due to damage/frail hair, it snaps very easilly...so i have been doing s&d by running three fingers down pieces of hair , but it takes forever and im sure i miss alot, i tried the twisting method as well but i think half the ends hide inside the twist.

spidermom
December 29th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Everybody has a million lengths of hair because of the shed and regrow cycle, also from breaking off.

I find it easiest to S&D the split ends that stick out of my braids.

kaydana
December 29th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I can get rid of most of my splits by checking my hair when it's braided. Most of my splits live in the tassel. This might not work for you, but it could be worth trying.

If you spend just a minute or two on it every day (just turn it into part of your morning or evening routine) you'll soon start noticing a big difference without feeling like you're putting a huge amount of time in.

ravenreed
December 29th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I often go by feel more than sight. I can feel the slightly thicker areas that have splits, or rough areas where the hairs are prone to tangle. I find doing a little at a time is easier, and I try to remember to switch off sides so I don't always start on the same side.

jacqueline101
December 29th, 2012, 08:33 PM
For me th old fashion way works the best.

Iolanthe13
December 29th, 2012, 09:34 PM
I think the twisting method works well if you do it often enough. You end up grabbing different twists each time you do it, so the pieces you missed because they were in the middle one time will be on the edges the next, if that makes sense. It's not that important to get every single split, in my opinion - it's more about keeping the bulk of your hair healthy enough to keep growing longer. In fact, if I am wearing my hair up a lot (which goes in phases) I will leave the most damaged hairs alone, as I don't see much point in trimming a hair that will re-split, higher up, in days.