PDA

View Full Version : contradictary hair types

Brenna
December 29th, 2012, 05:17 PM
anyone here have contradictary hair types?

I have wavey/loosey curly hair but my scalp gets greasy soooo easy.

i use silicone free shampoo every other day and silicone free conditioners - but still super greasy.

any ideas?

lapushka
December 29th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I have wavey/loosey curly hair but my scalp gets greasy soooo easy.

i use silicone free shampoo every other day and silicone free conditioners - but still super greasy.

any ideas?

I have loose wavy hair as well, and oily hair. We use a harsh sulfate shampoo (without silicones) and that seems to help. I can go a week without having it washed (this is stretched and the last two to three days are really blah). Silicones in shampoo don't help the oiliness, for me they contribute to it.

Brenna
December 29th, 2012, 05:55 PM
well if you know of a silicone free shampoo for greasy hair that I can use like maybe 1-2x a week, please let me know.

don't get me wrong - my hair is much BETTER since I've gone silicone free, as evidence of my new curls. amazing how much damage silicone and other stuff can do.

Allychan
December 29th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I have loose wavy hair as well, and oily hair. We use a harsh sulfate shampoo (without silicones) and that seems to help. I can go a week without having it washed (this is stretched and the last two to three days are really blah). Silicones in shampoo don't help the oiliness, for me they contribute to it.

I seem to be finding I have the same hair type too ie loose wavy and oily but because of damage my ends dry out easily hence the coconut oil every night. I oil every night and castor oil every second night so I have to wash three times a week the morning after the castor oiling. If I don't oil I found my scalp was oily by the second or third day anyways. There's no way I can go more than 3-4days without a wash. I am cone free I use the Natural Instincts brand not sure if they are available outside of Australia though

Brenna
December 29th, 2012, 06:06 PM
yeah I am usa based. I tried mixed chicks - didn't work for me or my "bi-racial" kidz. I would love to grow out my daughters hair - but because of the way she edward scissor handed herself, her hair with being curly, knots up easy the way she layered it, hehe.

will look into it some more.