PDA

View Full Version : I lost my curls!

ilovelonghair
August 25th, 2008, 02:50 AM
And I don't like it :(. My hair was getting curlier and curlier and then suddenly, gone! now I have the slightest wave. How do I get my curls back?

Katze
August 25th, 2008, 03:04 AM
what have you been doing differently? Perhaps 'cones...? :blushing:

Is the weather very different where you are? Are you going through hormonal changes?

Shanarana
August 25th, 2008, 03:12 AM
I scrunch some aloe gel in my wet hair to bounce back curls. My hair will be curler some days more than others.

Curlsgirl
August 25th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Mine are different every day too. Yes please tell us your routine, what it was when it was curlier and now. :flower:

sipnsun
August 25th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Have you tried products for curly hair, my mom's hair will only be very curly if she uses specific products for curly hair because we live in such a humid climate.

Stagecoach
August 25th, 2008, 07:01 AM
It could be season related. My hair changes over night by the seasons with how much curl it has.

Arctic
August 25th, 2008, 07:16 AM
If you mean you lost your curl when you cut your hair, some curl patterns start to develop at the longer length. So now that your hair grows again it propably will get the curls back.

I agree with others that we need more details :)

heidi w.
August 25th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Is your hair the longest it's ever been? For some, longer length means more weight and some of that curl then becomes waves.

heidi w.

spidermom
August 25th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I've lost most of my curl, too. I attribute it to more length. Last night I tried my former never-fail method of twirling it around my gelled fingers while it dried as I watched a movie, but nope - all I got were waves except in a couple of the shorter pieces around my face. For awhile, it seemed to get more curl as it got longer. Now it seems the weight has overcome the curl.

misstwist
August 25th, 2008, 11:23 AM
My hair is a solid 3b until about chin length, then the curls start to stretch out as my hair gets longer.

Heaviness pulling out curl doesn't seem to be ilovelonghair's problem. She said it was getting curlier and curlier and is suddenly gone. I would guess a change in product or weather.

For example, the humidity around here is going down and my hair is responding by releasing the ringlet ends into softer waves.

Haith
August 25th, 2008, 11:36 AM
My curliness also varies from day to day. Sometimes my hair has loose ringlets, sometimes its almost completely straight. It depends partly on the weather, partly on hom much I touch it, and partly on some factors I haven't begun to understand. It has curly moods.

Marchpane
August 25th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Maybe you need to clarify? When I need to my curls weigh down significantly, but after clarifying my hair bounces right up again.

sibylla
August 25th, 2008, 01:17 PM
The WO method is great for regaining waves/curls. After two WO my waves are back. I also recommend buying a hairnet and letting your hair rest in it while itīs drying the last 30 min. The aloe vera gel is fabulous for bringing out curls (mind you it makes the hair fill a bit stiff).

Honey39
August 25th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I'm very new to being curly, but mine seems awfully weather dependent - moist humid hair = mad frizzy curls; dry summer weather = wavy, glossy hair. Some days I have ringlets, others I have waves.

Curl cream and scrunching brings out the curls massively for me, air drying after damp bunning will give me waves (except the ringlets at the front, sigh,...)

ilovelonghair
August 27th, 2008, 11:02 PM
It has curly moods.

:D my hair has that too!

I just moved house, only 2 doors from my previous house, but it is so much colder here! First 2 weeks I had all stringy nasty hair, now it looks a bit better, but it's still not the nicest.
I'll clarify and use aloe an let you all know if it works :)

teela1978
August 27th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Just out of curiosity, was your cut-off hair dyed? Now that my hair is not dyed anymore (got rid of all the dyed bits finally), my hair is much less wavy/curly. Not sure if it was just enough damage to let extra moisture in or what, but it went from about a 2c to a 1c after getting rid of the dyed parts.

ilovelonghair
August 28th, 2008, 03:34 AM
Yes the cut off bit was dyed, but I still have a big amount of dyed hair left.

ilovelonghair
August 31st, 2008, 03:20 AM
Update: curls are back!!!!!! It was the clarifyiing + aloe :)

DecafJane
August 31st, 2008, 04:18 AM
Hooray! :D That is great news. :)