PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat for your hair today?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

sakuraemily
December 28th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Hi, y'all!

I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we can list out what we have eaten to benefit our hair (and skin) each day and how it benefits us. Not just saying that its healthy but actually detailing the ingredients and stuff.

i'll start:
Today I ate mexican rice with chicken(for protein), boiled beans and corn(for protein) and roast okra(for whatever vitamins and minerals it has). Supplements: becosules, cod liver oil tabs.

What did you guys eat?:toast:

MaryMarx
December 28th, 2012, 04:08 AM
I'll have som chicken for dinner tonight (since it's only lunchtime here I haven't had any cooked food yet). I eat a lot of chicken... almost every day. :)

redsiren
December 28th, 2012, 04:10 AM
A vitamin b complex tablet.
Oatmeal, that's about it.

MissAlida
December 28th, 2012, 04:10 AM
I ate a banana and peanuts for protein. Also veggies for vitamins. And took my daily magnesium supplement.

redsiren
December 28th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Double post, sorry:)

Mayflower
December 28th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Some of the things I'll be eating today are chicken (protein), coconut oil and avocado for healthy fats and green smoothies with lots of vitamins and minerals (especially iron). I do notice a difference in my hair when eating a healthy, clean, wholesome diet.

MissAlida
December 28th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Sorry, double post.

Allychan
December 28th, 2012, 04:49 AM
An egg (protein, B12, sulphur and biotin), mixed nuts (protein, zinc, selenium, linoleic acid, omega 3, calcium), Rooibos tea (high in antioxidants), smoked salmon (protein and Omega 3 fats) and took my msm (sulfur). The peanut m&m's I also ate (increased seratonin levels and protein) counted towards my intake because they have nuts in them :)

Audhumla
December 28th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Peanut butter cookies my best friend's gf made :D
arc691 said she eats peanut butter for her hair so it must be good for you.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it :whistle:

missketi
December 28th, 2012, 06:04 AM
I ate cooked cabbage for lunch.(that's protein, right?) Does chocolate count? :hmm: And I have Guinness in my fridge, my bff who has waist long hair swears that beer makes her hair grow fast.:beercheer:

rock007junkie
December 28th, 2012, 08:44 AM
I ate cooked cabbage for lunch.(that's protein, right?) Does chocolate count? :hmm: And I have Guinness in my fridge, my bff who has waist long hair swears that beer makes her hair grow fast.:beercheer:

Ha! That would be interesting :)

jacqueline101
December 28th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Chicken roman noodles and hot cocoa. I took my vitamins.

clairenewcastle
December 28th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Pumpkin seeds! I can easily get through about 100 grams of them a day at the moment.

I've also found that since I've started drinking goats milk my hair is in much better condition, I'm drinking about two pints of it every day.

vintage88
December 28th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Great thread! I will be eating chicken today for protein, my diet is rubbish at the moment because of all the Christmas food, but I will soon get back to eating healthily next week after new year:)

Sillage
December 28th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Cod liver oil, milk thistle, and B vitamins :)

Neneka
December 28th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Cheese, jogurt, sunflower seeds, cottage cheese and vitamins. Those things are good for hair, right? Unfortunately I swore not to drink beer until February. ;)

sakuraemily
December 28th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Cheese, jogurt, sunflower seeds, cottage cheese and vitamins. Those things are good for hair, right? Unfortunately I swore not to drink beer until February. ;)

yep, they are!
missketi, Cabbage is not all that high on protein but its a great source of indole carbinol!
I had a piece of fish and more roast okra for dinner with rice(carbs and b-vitamins).

sakuraemily
December 28th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Some of the things I'll be eating today are chicken (protein), coconut oil and avocado for healthy fats and green smoothies with lots of vitamins and minerals (especially iron). I do notice a difference in my hair when eating a healthy, clean, wholesome diet.

Thats interesting! Can you tell us the recipe for your green smoothie?

ghost
December 28th, 2012, 12:32 PM
2 whole grain english muffins with 1 tbsp of coconut oil between them, and raspberry jam. The whole grain and coconut oil is obvious...I'm not sure raspberry jam does anything for your hair but it tastes good :)
And I drank a pot of tea, for hydration and trace minerals.

akilina
December 28th, 2012, 02:03 PM

I also know two people who absolutely swear by beer for hair growth. Both of their hairs grow incredibly fast. It never made a difference for me though (I drink a lot of beer.) I have not drank beer in the last 2 months though and nothing has really changed for me at all.

akilina
December 28th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Mostly everything I eat is probably good for hair growth..I just ate a salad with beans in it, peppers, cauliflower, cucumber, purple carrots, and lots of hot sauce. <3 Im sure the beans were good for it because of the protein, and random veggies are just good for you in general.

qijino1236
December 28th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I made a homemade salsa.... 10-12 small tomatoes, 3-4 onions, a jalapeno, 1/3 of a serrano pepper, lime juice from 1 lime, and 1 batch of cilantro all mixed together. Very good stuff
I am thinking all those fruits and veggies are good for my hair, but I don't know about the tortilla chips. I have chi-chi's white corn tortilla chips. Does anyone know a healthier tortilla chip than chi-chi's tortilla chips or is that about as healthy as I am going to get concerning salsa?

Indigostreams
December 28th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I have chi-chi's white corn tortilla chips. Does anyone know a healthier tortilla chip than chi-chi's tortilla chips or is that about as healthy as I am going to get concerning salsa?
I know organic corn chips would be your best bet, since most corn products are made using genetically modified corn. :/

RavennaNight
December 28th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I ate an assortment of nuts. Pecans, cashews, hazelnuts, and almonds. They never put enough pecans in the jar. And pecans by themselves are grotesquely expensive. It's always about shaking the jar to find the good ones among the boring cashews.

Allychan
December 28th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I also know two people who absolutely swear by beer for hair growth. Both of their hairs grow incredibly fast. It never made a difference for me though (I drink a lot of beer.) I have not drank beer in the last 2 months though and nothing has really changed for me at all.

Brewer's yeast found in most beers and in Vegemite (yum yum) is high in the Bvitamins essential for hair growth, so there is actual evidence that it can enhance hair growth, an unfortunate side effect is it can also increase the girth of your gut!!
Here's a quick article I googled about the Brewer's Yeast http://www.ehow.com/facts_5175846_brewers-yeast-hair-growth.html

sunnydee92
December 28th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I had some leftover chicken for breakfast, an almond, cranberry, and turkey salad for lunch, two apples, and some sunflower/almond butter! :3 I've found that lotsa fresh veggies and fruit is always beneficial for me!

Happytresses
December 28th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I had a banana and a hard boiled egg for breakfast. I had cherry tomatoes as a snack. Water and of course my morning vitamins. Lunch was tofurkey sausages with pasta. Dinner I am not sure of yet. But definately a protein shake when I get home. Oh, and I oiled my hair last night so its in a bun today at work.

Happytresses
December 28th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I know organic corn chips would be your best bet, since most corn products are made using genetically modified corn. :/

Ugh, the ugly GMO rears its head.

Audhumla
December 29th, 2012, 01:25 AM
I went to yum cha for lunch and ate a whole plate of bok choy to myself and then most of the green beans with pork mince as well as prawn dumplings.
For dinner I had raw salmon and rice with ginger and cucumber.
It's a tough life eating for your hair :violin:

Sunny_side_up
December 29th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Got time on my hands today, so been looking at the food labels and being indoors today preparing and eating at times that suit me :) Eat good food for overall wellbeing.
Had over half the ammount of protein i plan to consume- so far in the first half of today: 30gm, then dinner will be the last portion:at least 26gm
After days of eating alot of festive treats im getting back into the healthy pattern again! Started the day with oatmeal with milk and some black grapes, then lunch of shrimp in mayo on toast with an organic salad of romain lettuce, watercress, spinach and rocket. Snacked on Some steamed dumplings containing prawn, squid and chinese chive with chilli sauce and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.
A muller probiotic drink- vanilla flavour, to keep my tum quiet til dinner time.
Dinner time we're having homemade chicken fajitas(chopped carrot, onion, tomatoes, garlic, green beans and red cabbage) with a green side salad, in corn tortillas ;P

alyaziaaah
December 29th, 2012, 07:30 AM
I had 2 eggs , cucumber, tomato, bellpepper for breakfast plus multi vits and vitamin b.
Later I had a whey protein shake, 25 gr8 pure protein with water.
Now an unhealthy cafe latte with an and croissant. Because I am depressed today,
One of my cats is sick and has to stay overnight at the vet's. :-(

Neneka
December 29th, 2012, 09:41 AM
2 eggs today. I planned to eat jogurt with sunflower seeds at breakfast but instead I ate cookies. :oops:

long&blonde
January 6th, 2013, 04:05 PM
I've been on "a green smoothie a day" thing since. 1/2/13. :)
Skim milk, about 5 icecubes, a lot of fresh raw kale, about 7 blackberries,blueberries,3 small chunks cantalope,a few walnuts.
Blend and drink the whole blender down.
This & 3 prenatal vitamins(I'm 58,they are definitely for hair growth only!) Daily are all I've eaten everyday since 1/3.
So I lost 5 pounds. :)

turtlelover
January 6th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Somehow I don't think that the McDonald's hot fudge sundae that I just ate did much for my hair :bigeyes:

RileyJane
January 6th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Protein! I made a nice omlet for lunch

BrightEyes
January 6th, 2013, 04:25 PM
I had a chicken sandwich with avocado slices. Yummy and loaded with protein and good fat.

raej
January 6th, 2013, 05:02 PM
I had an egg (protein), a tempe reuban sandwich (protein), and kale salad (B vits?, iron, goodness). Also a flax seed oil supplement, calcium, and biotin.

dragonfly90
January 7th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Peanut butter and Biosil, I think that's it :)

Natalia
January 7th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Today for my hair i ate smoked salmon (protein/fat) and chia seeds (fat/vitamins)

MocBirdie
January 7th, 2013, 10:32 PM
hmmm, I have had about a gallon of tea today, which is pretty much per usual for me...although I don't think tea has much of an effect on hair health. *shrug*
I had an apple and cheddar for lunch (with tea) so protein and vitamins. Dinner was Squash and Apple soup with a garden salad, more cheddar and homemade yogurt dressing, orange for desert. so...more protein and vitamins....and even more tea. I've been eating a lot of lamb lately too, so good!

NataschaB.
January 8th, 2013, 12:03 AM
I haven't eaten anything yet, because I just woke up. Haha.

Yesterday I ate some chicken, a little bit of salad and some potatoes for lunch, sushi (also for lunch, just a few hours later) and I had some dark bread (it's called rugbrød in Danish and it's primarily something people from Scandinavia eat. In English it's called Danish rye bread if anyone is interested in googling it, haha. Very delicious!!) with avocados for dinner :)

Neneka
January 8th, 2013, 01:43 AM
I just ate some nuts for breakfast.

RubyTuesday
January 8th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Yesterday I made an avocado, garlic, spinach, tahini and lemon juice dip and I had quite a lot of it with rye and pumpkin seed bread. I am trying to eat more avocado for my hair and skin.

Just had a seafood and veggie stir fry with spices. Good protein.

I am also upping my intake of unsalted nuts.

I think, nuts, eggs and good fats (olive oil etc) are the best for hair and skin.

EndlessSunshine
January 8th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Healthy fats, eggs, whole grains, and protein. Lots of water too.

faellen
January 8th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Super Noodles and choc chip muffins... lol, ok, I admit I don't really eat for my hair. :o

RubyTuesday
January 8th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Super Noodles and choc chip muffins... lol, ok, I admit I don't really eat for my hair. :o

Ah yes, the super noodle, known worldwide as a hair boosting food :wink:

Sunny_side_up
January 12th, 2013, 07:27 AM
packet ramen with a spot of chilli oil to warm me up & two eggs cracked into the pot, protein boost! :p

crazycandigirl
January 12th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Drink tons of water and tea so far today. There is a pot of bone broth cooking on the stove right now. I plan on having that with tons of veggies and some chicken for a yummy homemade soup later. Yummy and full of all sorts of good vitamins and minerals.

Natalia
January 12th, 2013, 05:05 PM
So far today salmon and chia seeds and later going to have an an artichoke full of the lovely b-vites

Dorothy
January 12th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Bean and veggie soup with kale. I've got to go bring it in from outside to cool in our 22 degree weather and put it in the fridge to cool.

PixxieStix
January 12th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Today was a lot of organic chicken, blueberries, mango, rooibos tea, and then a few less hair worthy items. Tomorrow I'll be better with home made lentil soup (lentils, kale, and veggies oh my!), avocado and a berry and spinach smoothie with a hard boiled egg or two. :D

EndlessSunshine
January 13th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Omega 3 eggs and brown rice sushi.

Naiadryade
January 13th, 2013, 08:32 AM
hmmm, I have had about a gallon of tea today, which is pretty much per usual for me...although I don't think tea has much of an effect on hair health. *shrug*

If you add oat tops or oat straw to your tea, that's supposed to be good for hair, skin and nails. Nettle can't hurt either.

Mayflower
January 13th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Loads of water and a big glass and a half of smoothie, consisting of: blueberries, goji berries, bananas, freshly juiced oranges and lime, bok choy, lettuce, spinach and organic yoghurt.
I also had mushrooms and leek which must have some vitamins, and had my fish baked in coconut oil for healthy fats.

Sharysa
January 13th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Last night I had nettle tea, and for dinner I had fish, rice, and curried lentils. Lots of vitamins in everything but the rice.

Since it's not lunch yet, all I've had today was coffee with honey and homemade bread (with butter).

UpNorth
January 13th, 2013, 12:21 PM
As I'm eating 100% paleo without exceptions this month I eat for my hair for pretty much every meal:D Whole foods, with plenty of nutrients without any stressful foods.

Today for breakfast I ate 2 pastured eggs and organic porkbelly (like unsmoked bacon without the salt and additives) with tomatoes and apple. For lunch, a BIG salad with plenty of leafy greens, grassfed beef, tomatoes, pickled garlic, bell pepper, olives, EVOO, and balsamic vinegar, topped with pine nuts and pumpkinseeds.

For dinner I'm making my own hamburgers of ground meat from reindeer, served with lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, homemade chilisauce and homemade olive oil mayonnaise.

I've also eaten some Lychee fruits and golden-berries.

einna
January 13th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Two table spoons of fish oil (cod liver oil, a norwegian favorite we call "Tran", and dinner with chicken, brown rice and veggies. The rest of todays meals are nothing to brag about though ;P

lolar
January 13th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Banana smoothie!!

EndlessSunshine
January 13th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Salmon and lots of fruit

Sharysa
January 13th, 2013, 03:50 PM
For lunch I had fried tilapia, soup, and rice. Mmm, warmth and hair-health.

fluffypuffy
January 14th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Daily supplements, awesome chicken soup, oolong tea, and a strawberry, orange, and banana smoothie with some Udo's oil mixed in. :)

sakuraemily
February 14th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Mostly everything I eat is probably good for hair growth..I just ate a salad with beans in it, peppers, cauliflower, cucumber, purple carrots, and lots of hot sauce. <3 Im sure the beans were good for it because of the protein, and random veggies are just good for you in general.

Did you bake or cook the cauliflower or did u have it raw?

silverthread
February 14th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Protein powder, wheat germ oil and liquid vitamin mixed up together and swallowed quickly because it was NASTY! After exercising, homemade pork sausage. Took my MSM and lysine capsules.

McFearless
February 14th, 2013, 05:09 PM
I've been sick today so my eating schedule is all over the place. I've had snacks like apple slices with peanut butter on the side. I'm currently eating broccoli with spinach dip and sprinkled cranberries and almonds on top. Couscous on the side.

GrowingGlory
February 14th, 2013, 05:54 PM
A banana and plenty of water.

~honeyflower~
February 14th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Today I had two biscuits so I guess it would probably have some protein in it, flour is wheat right? Then I went to Subway for lunch and had a sandwhich with honey oat bread -cheese-lots of veggies and ice tea. I had an hour before class to I went to the store and looked around and got fish oil so I took that before I headed into class. So I pretty much covered the food pyramid with protein, calcium,omega 3 and vitamin A and C -not bad.

silverthread
February 15th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Homemade bacon, 2 eggs sunny side up, small baked yam, liquid vitamins, MSM and lysine. Oh, and of course, hot green tea with raw cream.

Sunny_side_up
February 15th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Part of lunch was a box of salad and veggies with olive oil and black pepper, blueberries as a snack. Avocado during the day too. Dinner was yummy mussels.

silverthread
February 15th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Protein-banana-chocolate-coconut smoothie, 2 more eggs, potato chips, peanut butter, beef roast and macadamia nuts.

ghost
February 17th, 2013, 12:48 AM
I tried to get some protein today: an apple with peanut butter as a snack, and curry rice with two hard boiled eggs. I also drank 6 glasses of water, and a lot of tea.

Allychan
February 17th, 2013, 05:14 AM
pumpkin seed bread and banana's

EndlessSunshine
February 17th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Quinoa, coconut flour brownie, and almond milk.

Sunny_side_up
February 21st, 2013, 02:20 PM
Ham omelette, strawberries and raspberries. A delicious red apple, chicken curry and cucumber slices ;p

sakuraemily
February 27th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Milk...i'm so bad I haven't even taken my supplements.

missfaroe
March 29th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Avocado, nuts and peanutbutter, meat - more protein today than i usually gets ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
March 29th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Chocolate Easter eggs today - :couch:

swearnsue
March 29th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Diatomaceous earth in my coffee, MSM supplement, sliced turkey and crackers.

Allychan
March 29th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Chocolate Easter eggs today - :couch:

Yep me too
ps he is Risen

Sunny_side_up
March 31st, 2013, 02:33 PM
Grilled pork, fried egg,spicy seafood and olive oil, roast lamb and vegetables, green apple and cheddar cheese.

MaryMarx
April 13th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Chicken, garlic, onion, tomato and avocado. Peuw. Good thing I'll stay at home studying today (and tomorrow...)!

sakuraemily
April 13th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Grilled pork, fried egg,spicy seafood and olive oil, roast lamb and vegetables, green apple and cheddar cheese.

Except the cheddar cheese and apple I want everything else!

sisi33
April 13th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Picken eggs (this is what I call my hens- Pickens. Short for 'pretty chickens' :o), and some peanut butter, extra crunchy!

missfaroe
April 13th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Lots of peanuts, an apple, steak and a glass of delicious wine :toast:

RedBlue
April 13th, 2013, 08:00 PM
For my hair? Let me think...bananas and sushi.:D

rock007junkie
April 13th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Had some eggs and my hemp protein shake

bo-peep
April 13th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Green monster smoothie (http://ohsheglows.com/categories/recipes-2/beverages/green-monsters-beverages/), dried apricots, almonds, and lots of water.

rainfortheend
April 13th, 2013, 09:50 PM
My special low oxalate smoothie:
3 tbsp sunbutter
2 bananas
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp vanilla
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

So good and so much protein! <3 <3

I just did the math. 32 grams of protein! Dang! :D

bo-peep
April 14th, 2013, 07:02 AM
My special low oxalate smoothie:
3 tbsp sunbutter
2 bananas
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp vanilla
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

So good and so much protein! <3 <3

I just did the math. 32 grams of protein! Dang! :D

Sounds very yummy!

lazuliblue
April 14th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Peanut butter! Delicious nutty protein :)

KittyBird
April 14th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Peanut butter, broccoli, some strawberries and half a honey dew melon (not together of course!).

EndlessSunshine
April 14th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Half a block of tofu, grass fed butter, and four slices whole grain bread.

aet2009
April 14th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Eggs and lots of water!!!

Sunny_side_up
June 28th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Egg n sausage b'fast sub with cheese, two portions of chicken breast, rainbow coloured salad with olive oil, banana, fresh orange juice, sardines fried in garlic on rice, more olive oil. Homemade vegetable soup with butter.

missfaroe
June 28th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Oatmeal with almonds and dates, cheese, cherry tomatoes, peanuts and a beer :D

BrightEyes
June 28th, 2013, 03:32 PM
A protein shake, cottage cheese and a large green salad.

Natalia
June 28th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Today im just trying to stay hydrated but i did get in my serving of healthy fats :)

redtuss
June 29th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Mashed banana in a lot of peanut butter. YUM!

clioariane
July 4th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Great thread! I had a protein shake with orange juice for breakfast, a tuna salad sandwich and some fruit for lunch and prawns & tofu with veggies Chinese takeout for dinner.

TheMechaGinger
July 4th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Breakfast was a big mug of chai tea blended with 2 tbs of grass fed unsalted butter and a tbs of virgin coconut oil for all those healthy fats!

Sharysa
July 4th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Nettle tea, with butter and jam on my sister's homemade bread.

Sunny_side_up
July 4th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Porridge made with milk. Huge portion of whole wheat and egg noodles with chicken breast, red cabbage, radishes, cherry tomatoes, vegetable fried rice(peas, sweet corn, green beans, broccoli)lots of olive oil on things. Turkey burgers. Slices of salami :p

missfaroe
July 4th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Almonds, banana, cucumber, green peas, avocado, falafels and some good 72% dark chocolate.... Couldn't resist as usual :rolleyes:

Othala
July 4th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Homegrown: Lettuce, spring onions, strawberries and oregano.

Also: Chicken, avocado, oranges, mangoes, cornflakes, yoghurt and milk.

biogirl87
July 5th, 2013, 12:07 PM
I had rice with chicken and then Island Mango tea with Swiss Rolls for breakfast today.

clioariane
July 5th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Omelette for breakfast, quinoa, falafel burger patty and broccolini for lunch, leftover Chinese for dinner and strawberries for dessert!

clioariane
July 8th, 2013, 05:41 AM
On the menu today: coconut water, goat cheese salad with walnuts & avocado, some fruit and Thai veggie spring rolls.

NoRush
July 8th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Oily fish, fruit&yoghurt smoothie (home made, no crappy sugars added) salad. We'll see what dinner brings but I see some form of veggie strirfry on the horizon ;)

oscarthehamster
July 9th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Today I will be having : Banana, protein powder, and milk smoothie (vitamins). Avocado. Chicken and vegetable wrap. Salad. Whole wheat pasta. Banana.

Sharysa
July 9th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Nettle tea and some tuna on bread for breakfast.

Lunch is up in the air for the next two hours.

Sunny_side_up
July 12th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Tuna sandwich(wholemeal bread) Two egg omelette made with garlic and onions. Lamb doner kebab ;) spinach and potatoes. Haribo sweets ;p

clioariane
July 12th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Eggs, smoked salmon & 1/2 avocado for breakfast, organic whole wheat bread w/ smoked cheese for lunch, and lentils w/ red onion, garlic & semi-dried tomatoes, steamed salmon and green salad for dinner.

Sunny_side_up
July 28th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Rice and fried egg, stirfried runner beans in pork and spice, red grapes, Grated carrot and swede Thai style salad with chilli and lemon and peanuts, tomatoes. Grilled prawns, chicken, steak, pork. Crab, long green beans, green chilli and fish spice dip, cilantro and onion. young coconut meat and the liquid. Special occasion ;)

Komao
July 28th, 2013, 01:41 PM
I had Cheerios with blueberries from my garden and a few raspberries.
Have not had supper yet

Elecita
July 28th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Black olives, chickpeas with carrot, scallop salad, and of course drank loads of water :D

jessokitty
July 28th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Bean salad, barley salad and scallops :) yumm

longhairdesired
September 16th, 2013, 06:38 PM
I want to revive this thread because I love it so much!

For my hair: low-fat steak, banana, cheese, carrots, and an apple.

rock007junkie
September 16th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Whey protein shake this morning

longhairdesired
September 16th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Whey protein shake this morning

Have you seen results with the Whey? I've been thinking about trying it out.

Andeee
September 18th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Had sprouts and hummus earlier, will be having veggie chilli with lots and lots of veggies including those with lots of sulphur and beans--all good for hair, right?

prettyinpink
September 18th, 2013, 11:13 AM
A spinach salad with garlic avocado mushroom and a steamed potato with olive oil

TheVegan6
September 23rd, 2013, 05:00 PM
I had some soy yogurt, for protein, flax-chocolate granola bars, again, for protein, and grapes, for vitamin c.:gobblecheese:

HintOfMint
September 29th, 2013, 06:49 PM
I had a protein shake with milk today. I'm trying to up my protein intake, it's something that my diet was generally lacking.

rachelbethany
September 29th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Lettuce, spinach, avocado, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, pineapple, and more! I made a huge taco salad, baked some brown rice with turmeric, peas, corn, and red peppers, grilled some chicken breast on my Foreman, and served it all with tortillas (crunchy and soft). I'm going to have some leftovers now. :)

wildkratt
September 30th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Chicken-and lots of it. :P

sakuraemily
September 30th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Boiled egg and possibly leafy greens soup. I can't eat healthy when I have exams. Can anyone return with the update on whey please?

Dark Star
September 30th, 2013, 08:17 AM
I had a handful of almonds a few minutes ago and am currently drinking a healthy smoothie with spirulina and rice protein added to it. I am worried I have not been minding my protein or iron enough lately. I have also not been eating enough on many days for months now. It could be the reason why my hair is really hating me of late so I am trying to make peace with it.

ceruleansky
September 30th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Scrambled eggs with grass fed butter (fats , protein, sulfur, and more). I try to eat eggs every day, at night I will add a few cloves of fresh chopped garlic that's been left to sit for a good hour and 1/2 to a whole onion.

Stray_mind
September 30th, 2013, 09:34 AM
I ate some chicken and a lot of apples :D

mscm
September 30th, 2013, 12:29 PM
My msm's :D

Andeee
September 30th, 2013, 12:39 PM
I should start taking MSM again, too. Also I take iron with Vit C (together for absorption) twice a day since I became anemic two years ago. It really has made a huge difference!

nakima
September 30th, 2013, 03:07 PM
so far I had yogart with almonds in it and my multi v and inositol and everyday I have protein shakes with lots of spinach,baby kale,chia/ flaxseeds fruit etc and almond milk yummy! :)

Audhumla
September 30th, 2013, 03:33 PM
I just had a banana for breakfast. Now for some yoghurt and cocoa for second breakfast :D
Oh hair, the things I do for you *feigns exasperation*
*whispers* I figure if I make it seem like eating this delicious food is a chore, my hair will feel appreciated and fulfilled and grow more.
Can't hurt to try right ?

rock007junkie
September 30th, 2013, 06:59 PM
-Whey protein shake, protein bar and bamboo tea :-)

wildkratt
September 30th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Cuban food! Chicken, beans, lettuce, this guacamole-condiment type thing, guava paste. Amazing!

HintOfMint
September 30th, 2013, 07:42 PM
A sashimi plate--lots of fatty fish and I'm about to make myself another protein shake.

jen5972
September 30th, 2013, 07:49 PM
I have had lots of fruits and veggies, chicken, grass fed beef and lots of good fats like an avocado, some flax seed oil and some coconut cream.

Katrine
September 30th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Green smoothie with kale, spinach, fruit also omelet and peanut butter. Oh, and biotin and krill oil.

Sunny_side_up
October 6th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Cheese on toast. Rice with spiced ground pork in herbs, a fried egg, green beans, beansprouts, red grapes, Kefir, grilled chicken drumstick... Then grilled chicken wings and seasoned pork slices with an onion & tomato salad.Corn on the cob. Grilled prawns, a salad made of carrots dried shrimp, crushed green chilli and grated rutabaga lots of lime and fish sauce. A family feast day!! I don't eat like this all the time! :9

summergreen
October 6th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Nettle tea, I drink it every day now and I hate it, hope my hair appreciates it!

Tail Feathers
October 6th, 2013, 01:54 PM
millet and lentils, with fresh chopped onions.
usually eat millet almost every day...

Sunny_side_up
October 9th, 2013, 09:02 AM
rice with fried egg, smoked mackerel, yoghurt, egg noodles with Chinese cabbage and pork. Sushi rolls! mmm:sushi:

rosiedeam
October 9th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Hard boiled egg whites (tons of protien) and jello. No joke with this combo my hair grows like crazy. Discovered the jello trick in college, when I got into the habbit of eating it in the mess hall. All of the sudden my bangs were in my eyes even sooner (was triming every two week so I could see). I make sure to eat the sugar free kind (keeps the calories low), but Jello is my secret hair food.

YamaMaya
October 9th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Most days I have a fried egg over easy, not sure if it's very beneficial in fried form, but I like my egg on toast in the morning :P.

veryhairyfairy
October 15th, 2013, 08:42 AM
I made my "Green sludge shake of DOOM!" this morning... I specifically formulated this for hair-health and growth! :D

Ingredients:
1 or 2 bananas
1.5 cups rice milk (or coconut milk, or soymilk, or milk milk)
.5 cup greek yogurt
4 TBSP powdered egg white (that stuff is amazing!)
2 TBSP Chia seeds
and a scoop of powdered whole food vitamins/greens

30-something grams of protein, vitamins and minerals out the wazoo, and Omega-3s and 6s!
I have to believe that even though I've yet to see a growth boost from this shake in the last several months, the hair growing out of my scalp right now is much healthier than before.

BrightEyes
October 15th, 2013, 08:57 AM
A vanilla and berry protein shake.

lilahtov
October 18th, 2013, 06:35 PM
I eat a variety of things to make my soul happy, but I stick in a bunch of things that are good for my body, too! I love almond milk, hemp seeds and flax seeds. I also can't live without some protein each day--preferably at each meal. Cheese, fish, something. I also take Vitamin D each day and my friend might turn me onto Fish Oil pretty soon! However, when I'm not mixing hemp or flax into my food I'm usually sprinkling in chia seeds, so that should cover my Omega-3 intake :)

*BrunetteBeauty
October 18th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Hmmm....let me think....yogurt and fish and veggies! :)

biogirl87
October 18th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Salami with bread in the morning, and chicken chili and chicken with rice in the evening (finishing up the chicken with rice right now).

Sunny_side_up
October 20th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Cheese, Kefir, a strawberry yoghurt drink, fried whitebait, grilled pork balls, Chicken curry with boiled egg. Cucumber and chilli salad, raw garlic. Red grapes

Allychan
October 20th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Juiced a heap of veges and fruit and munched into a slab of smoked salmon

sakuraemily
October 23rd, 2013, 02:52 AM
Chili, my vitamins. Exam time again so my eating is on a downslide.

Sunny_side_up
October 23rd, 2013, 01:37 PM
day visiting family...
Kefir, Whitebait coated in cumin and ground coriander & flour- fried, grilled pork, roll mops, pickled garlic and cucumber. Rice with various chilli sauces, raw garlic, boiled egg. Cilantro, bean sprouts (raw). German sausage with potato salad and sauerkraut. Runner beans & white cabbage steamed. some red apple and clementines. Stomach overload today! Finished the day with a strawberry yoghurt drink.

Johannah
October 23rd, 2013, 01:42 PM
salmon and milk :D

Aingeal
October 23rd, 2013, 02:16 PM
Kale...been lovin on the kale lately.

snakes&stuff
October 23rd, 2013, 02:22 PM
Kale...been lovin on the kale lately.

My tortoise loves kale :P I want to like it because I know how good it is for me, but I just can't stand it.

I've been eating a ton of almonds today! lots of magnesium & vitamin e.

swearnsue
October 23rd, 2013, 03:27 PM
I'm making bread today with some ground flax seeds, lentils and brewer's yeast.

Later I'll drink a Virgin Mary with V8 juice and celery stalk. My Baptist cocktail! lol

LumiereBlossom
October 23rd, 2013, 04:42 PM
Cow liver and eggs. My favorite meal. :D

prettyinpink
October 23rd, 2013, 05:49 PM
Today I was good. I had carrots spinach tomato onion pomegranate greek yogurt and almonds. Usually I only eat pizza and chips :P

Audhumla
October 24th, 2013, 12:32 AM
A nice bowl of steamed broccoli with vinegar and gochujang and I'm having seafood tom yum for dinner.

bunzfan
October 24th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Scrambled eggs and baked beans i'm really eating alot of eggs right now and last night ate quorn spag bol its particularly high in protein when i up the protein especially eggs my hair grows like a weed especially when i eat peanut putter!!

Cindershadow
October 24th, 2013, 07:49 AM
This morning I had two eggs cooked in ghee for protein and healthy fat, a tomato for veggies, and half an avocado for more healthy fat. :) I also took my supplements: Cod liver oil, biotin, horsetail, and kelp.

Sunny_side_up
October 26th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Lentils in ghee with cilantro, A two egg omelette with mushrooms and savoy cabbage cooked in with it. Strawberry yoghurt. A range of veggies in a sauce to go on pasta- Asparagus, onion, garlic, sweetcorn, bell pepper, leek, chopped tomatoes. chopped parsley, cilantro root. ALOT of cheese melted on top! Salad- celery, cucumber, spinach,red baby leaf, mizuna and rocket(mix)

Johannah
October 26th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Hmm... Starting with eating muesli in the morning with yoghurt and nuts. :rockerdud

mariakatija
November 5th, 2013, 04:31 PM
I had some bacon, cheese, and prosciutto, and grapes! Yum!

Sunny_side_up
November 7th, 2013, 01:45 PM
milk on bran flakes, naural yoghurt, mushroom and red pepper omelette, cheese. Increased my dairy over last month and a bit and growth has improved :D

Johannah
November 7th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Muesli with nuts, yoghurt, a lot of milk, 1.5 liter water, kiwi, banana, salmon, cheese. All important. :o

Sunny_side_up
November 23rd, 2013, 07:28 AM
Tuna sandwich and a boiled egg. Shrimp, mussels and squid in fried rice. A peach. Coconut, banana, pineapple smoothie. fish in butter sauce with a salad of rocket, red pepper and beetroot. Glass of freshly squeezed orange juice!

julee
November 23rd, 2013, 10:28 PM
Smoked salmon and leafy greens. My hair is my motivation to eat well:)

goldenlady
November 24th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Yesterday was probably a pretty standard day food-wise for me. I ate cereal with oatly (oat-based milk alternative - high in calcium), eggs on toast(protein) and fish, sweet potato and kale (protein, vitamins and iron) . I snacked on sunflower seeds and a banana (protein, vitamins and silica) whilst writing my essay :). I've definitely noticed an increase in growth after changing my diet.

wrh452
November 24th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Man. I do not eat as healthy as some of you. I had coffee, a cheese bagel with cream cheese, and a cinnamon roll with peanut butter frosting and peanuts on it. For lunch I am going to have chicken strips and rice, maybe fruit. Then I will bring a pb&j for a snack at work and I'm not sure for dinner.

I did take a multi vitamin and omega 3 pills though.

~*~Aspen~*~
November 24th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Oh.. Juice (with almost every fruit and veggie in it), Multi-Vitamins, Herbs...

I try to eat a little something every day, but my hair.. :whistle: :thumbsup:
:whistle: is a bit of a slow grower, so we are trying some new diet tips/tricks.

monsoonstorm
November 24th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Wine.

I am hoping to imbue some of the rich burgundy colours into my hair.

clairenewcastle
January 31st, 2014, 05:27 PM
Bananas! I eat about three a day as they're an excellent source of biotin. As are the carrots had for dinner. My hair used to grow a lot faster when I ate dairy products though, now I avoid all dairy and wheat.

Scarlet_Heart
January 31st, 2014, 08:13 PM
Wine.

I am hoping to imbue some of the rich burgundy colours into my hair.

:laugh: I ate some chocolate today for my hair. For... you know... richness. Or something. :couch:

Sunny_side_up
February 22nd, 2014, 08:07 AM
Went shopping and thought I have got to get me a good mix of nutritious foods! Been eating lots of bad foods recently :ponder: have done well so far today. Feel good for it too. Peanut butter, pear, blueberries. Pork bone soup with egg noodles and mushrooms. Red grapes.
Slow cooked lamb, a salad of baby red chard, spinach and rocket. Red cabbage. Bell pepper, Tomato, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds. Dressing of lemon juice and rind, ginger and honey with apple cider vinegar.
Later we've got steak and potatoes with carrots and green beans

Nadine <3
February 22nd, 2014, 11:43 AM
So far I've had french toast... Not really for my hair, I just like french toast lol

clioariane
February 24th, 2014, 05:39 AM
It's lunchtime here and so far I've eaten a cup of organic yogurt with blueberries, a Nākd (http://www.naturalbalancefoods.co.uk/nakd/) bar (made from dates, cashews, raisins and a hint of cocoa), a kiwi and this amazing quinoa salad (http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/recipes/dinner-tonight/loaded-quinoa-bowl/) with asparagus, feta cheese, chickpeas, avocado, almonds and pomegranate! So far a pretty good (hair) food day :)

rachelbethany
February 24th, 2014, 08:49 PM
I really need to go grocery shopping, so I've been eating up anything previously forgotten from my freezer or cabinets. I guess the best things I had for my hair today were: peas, lentils, rosemary, egg, a tiny amount of chicken, and some fresh pineapple. Oh, and plenty of water!

@clioariane Your day sounds incredibly yummy! I'm craving a good quinoa salad now.

ExpectoPatronum
February 25th, 2014, 12:53 AM
Not much as I have gastritis...Eating hurts me :(

But when I did eat, I made sure to include protein. I had a protein bar, and some peanut butter with my banana.

clioariane
February 25th, 2014, 01:46 AM
I really need to go grocery shopping, so I've been eating up anything previously forgotten from my freezer or cabinets. I guess the best things I had for my hair today were: peas, lentils, rosemary, egg, a tiny amount of chicken, and some fresh pineapple. Oh, and plenty of water!

@clioariane Your day sounds incredibly yummy! I'm craving a good quinoa salad now.

It was really good and easy to make in advance. I found the recipe on Pinterest :)

tlover
February 25th, 2014, 04:02 AM
a lentil, quinoa and stingingnettles soup

all Three have lots of minerals and vimains that are great for my hair :)

MadAddie
February 25th, 2014, 04:08 AM
Eggs... I ♥ them ^_^

clioariane
February 25th, 2014, 04:15 AM
By the way, trichologist Philip Kingsley has an awesome Pinterest with meal ideas for healthy hair! http://www.pinterest.com/philipkingsley/

naopll10
February 25th, 2014, 04:43 AM
Hair, skin, nails tablets, and peanut butter:)

eha
February 28th, 2014, 05:05 AM
goats cheese on top of toasted beets for the lovely fats and some proteins, some smoked porkleg for the proteins and fats and sweet potatoes with coconut oil. oh and my hair vitamins and a protein shake after squatting. by the way redid my PR today but las time i squatted this weight was in a competition with straps on and this was just with my belt :D a win win day. hair feels softer too

followingup
February 28th, 2014, 06:20 AM
millet porridge, two eggs and some tuna.

bunzfan
February 28th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Peanut butter :D it really helps growth ;)

rachelbethany
April 4th, 2014, 10:39 AM
This thread is great. I love when I eat something so nutritious that I can almost feel it making my hair/body healthier. Haha. So far today I've had:
-avocado
-grilled chicken breast
-braised carrot, kale, onions, and mushrooms
-black coffee
-30 drops of saw palmetto berry tincture (I take it for hormonal balance, but I also think it supports hair growth.)

Sunny_side_up
April 5th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Eggs, seeds.. its still early I guess. The feast will be later :) Tho I have been sooo slack with multi vit and iron lately so today i took them and thinking about it maybe that's why I havnt been feeling good these last few weeks. That and the fact I was having soda way too much, like everyday!! then craving junk, vicious circle! Don't know why I let it get to that... New regime starts

rachelbethany
April 5th, 2014, 11:32 AM
@Sunny_side_up, I do the same thing! It's such an exact science, too. Every time I eat more sugar/junk, I crave more junk. I bet you will feel a lot better once you start taking your vitamins again and whatnot. Eggs and seeds ftw though! Haha.

TheGoddess
April 5th, 2014, 04:40 PM
kale, some fruit, and whole grains, almond butter, and fish oil :)

ExpectoPatronum
April 6th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Started off this morning with a nice healthy serving of....bacon and eggs. Protein and calories because I'm trying to gain a couple pounds.

I'll be having tuna salad sandwich for lunch (without mayo) and I'm thinking of making chicken for dinner tonight with a green salad on the side.

I know I'll snack on veggies and nuts as the day goes on.

But man...gaining weight is hard when you have a fast metabolism and have to walk or bike everywhere :/ I feel bad about complaining about it but I lost a lot of weight due to a stomach illness and am having a difficult time gaining the last couple of pounds back.

Aderyn
April 6th, 2014, 01:28 PM
I don't eat things specifically for my hair. I just go about with my regular diet (vegetarian) and my body (which then extends to the new growth of hair) seems to like that.

@Sunny_side_up, I do the same thing! It's such an exact science, too. Every time I eat more sugar/junk, I crave more junk. I bet you will feel a lot better once you start taking your vitamins again and whatnot. Eggs and seeds ftw though! Haha.

I've noticed the same thing about myself. The healthier I eat, the less appealing sugary junk food becomes. If I go without eating my normal healthy diet, the sugar/junk food is definitely craved more.

VJG
April 6th, 2014, 02:15 PM
So far, a green smoothie (sounds worse than it is) which included lots of good greens (spinach), fruits (avocado, banana, and blueberry), spices (cocao powder, cinnamon, turmeric and ginger), proteins (pumpkin seeds), and fats (flax seeds and coconut butter).

VJG
April 6th, 2014, 02:19 PM
I don't eat things specifically for my hair. I just go about with my regular diet (vegetarian) and my body (which then extends to the new growth of hair) seems to like that.

I've noticed the same thing about myself. The healthier I eat, the less appealing sugary junk food becomes. If I go without eating my normal healthy diet, the sugar/junk food is definitely craved more.

It takes a while before I stop craving deep-fried food, but I stop craving refined sugars quickly.

Wosie
April 6th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Almonds (I try to eat them every day, but just ~ten or so every morning), some water and a multivitamin pill. Otherwise I haven't been very healthy today.

I need to drink way more water, for one (!). I've only had one glass so far, and it's almost 11 PM...

Sunny_side_up
May 5th, 2014, 07:29 AM
so far, high fibre breakfast cereal and semi skim milk, raspberries, banana. Then a chicken, mayo with salad sandwich, a boiled egg. My multi vit and iron. Regular gulps of water! Dinners goin to be high protein. Slow cooked Pork and veggies!

Wing-Chun-Bec
May 5th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Breakfast/Morning- Home baked raspberry/blueberry/coconut/almond muffins - gluten free as I have been for 25 years...

Lunch- Home made soup

This evening will be roast chicken, with gluten free sage,onion and apple stuffing, roast sweet potatoes/roasted white potatoes and parsnips, steamed carrots and broccoli and served with a reduced sherry, chicken stock, fresh tarragon and cream sauce/gravy :)

supplements: transdermal magnesium, zinc, multivit

and....

Apple cider vinegar- unpasterised in 8 fl oz water.....

xoChesleyy
May 5th, 2014, 03:35 PM

I agree with this statement 110%! If I am straying from my regular diet, then I find it a lot easier to consume unhealthy foods.
Today I had a spinach, blueberry, banana, coconut milk, and flax seed smoothie, two whole grain vegan apple cinnamon waffles, a MorningStar faux sausage patty, and a dish I made using tofu shirataki noodles, broccoli, mushrooms, and vegan 'cheese'. I don't really eat certain things for my hair, but I always try to eat healthy for my overall well-being. (i.e. Plenty of vegetables, fruits, nuts, etc.. Which are good "hair foods" anyways! :p)

vindo
May 5th, 2014, 07:41 PM
<3 Liver
<3 Butter
<3 Avocado

ExpectoPatronum
May 5th, 2014, 08:20 PM
I didn't have the best breakfast or lunch, but I had a superfood Odwalla smoothie with spirulina and I'm currently making dinner. On the menu tonight is rosemary lemon chicken breast with garlic, spinach, and quinoa.

My diet is about to be crap for the next week or two due to finals/having to clean out my cupboards. My goal is to have a healthy dinner at least.

Sunny_side_up
May 16th, 2014, 05:20 AM
I have been lacking fruit & veg of late,last few days have been getting over my five a day & feeling well for it. so today I have had a handful of cherry tomatoes, peanut butter, beef egg noodle soup with a portion of broccoli. snack of fresh peaches and cream, Lunch will be rice and spicy bamboo pork, a fried egg with a side salad of lettuce, long red pepper, beetroot, celery. Dinner will be crispy chicken drumsticks and roasted butternut squash and green beans with tomato and onion salad. Dessert of tinned pineapple & cream.

Zenjam
May 16th, 2014, 06:13 AM
My silica, my multi-vitamin and not so much more :)

rachelbethany
May 19th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Black coffee

Boiled egg

Saw palmetto tincture- I take it for other reasons, but I feel it supports hair growth

Fish- ocean perch, which is one of my least favorite kinds of fish, but I had some filets (and not much else) in the freezer, so I baked them in a wine/lite soy sauce/garlic/lemon balm mixture, and it was pretty good

Brown rice- baked with turmeric, cayenne, cumin, and other spices
+peas, onion, corn

Water!

Sharysa
May 19th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Today I had nettle tea and organic whole-wheat bread. Unfortunately it might get cancelled out by only having five hours of sleep, but hey, I'm a college student!

Sunny_side_up
August 23rd, 2014, 05:19 AM
Egg noodles with pork. A smoked salmon with avocado sandwich. Lots of water. Multi vit plus iron. Dinner will involve fried steak in butter. Think I'll have it in a roll with fried onions & wont forget curly fries! Might help me have curls ;D will also grab a chicken burger while out in the eve.

BellCat
August 23rd, 2014, 05:55 AM
10 meatless high protein foods http://www.cookinglight.com/food/vegetarian/protein-for-vegetarians/view-all Greek Yogurt seems to be the way to go :-)

ummyahya
August 23rd, 2014, 06:59 AM
How many nice ideas for hair-friendly food in this thread! I am currently focusing on water: being in my first trimester of pregnancy, I can't eat much, but I will try to apply some of the suggestions posted here as soon as the nausea allows me!

LadyCelestina
August 23rd, 2014, 07:01 AM
I'm going to have an avocado :D

kayeburth
August 23rd, 2014, 07:24 AM
I just swallowed a spoonful of flax seed oil............................................... .

dulcie
August 23rd, 2014, 07:25 AM
Great ideas here. Glad I read this post and notes have been taken x

bna_rapunzel
August 23rd, 2014, 09:09 PM
Fish!
For protein. And all the other awesome goodness fish delivers.

sablebraids
August 24th, 2014, 12:14 AM
Almonds for protein and for biotin. :)

Olavi
August 24th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Egg in the basket x4 (protein, B12 and biotin)
"Piimax C + Biotin" pills (biotin, silica and vitamin C)

Red'N'Curly
August 24th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Prenatal vitamins and fermented cod liver oil.

1st breakfast: Tea and fruit

2nd breakfast: yogurt and carrots

Elevensies: Breakfast burrito with eggs, bacon, potatos, onion, tomato and spinach

Lunch: beans and cornbread and ice cream

I'm breastfeeding a 3 month old and sometimes the 2-year-old, so I'm always hungry ;)

Marika
August 26th, 2014, 03:32 AM
Chocolate protein pudding. I have the flu and can't smell or taste anything, so I haven't eaten much in a past couple of days.

Sunny_side_up
August 30th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Breakfast: bacon and egg on toast
snack: slices of red apple & carrot
lunch: egg noodle soup with smokey sausage chopped up in it, lots of cilantro. Take my multi vit & iron. Been drinking warm water regularly too.
snack:cucumber, onion & tomato salad(extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper dressing)
Dinner: maybe roast pork in a bun with stuffing & apple sauce with some celery sticks.

Eastbound&Down
August 30th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Eggs and avocado for breakfast :) We'll see how lunch goes.

windinherhair
August 30th, 2014, 08:24 AM
I've just started to really use my blender and I made up a smoothie with my 3 loves- chocolate, peanut butter, and pumpkin! You can use cocoa powder, but I used chocolate protein powder, peanut butter, and pumpkin puree with almond milk and ice cubes, and a tablespoon of chia seeds. That's what I've had...so far.

Platzhalter
August 30th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Woodruff jelly (gelatin), bone broth and a boiled egg. Standard breakfast for the last few weeks... quick, cheap, easy and protein-rich ;)

Knifegill
August 30th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Kombucha jello, 8 eggs, prenatal vitamins, chicken bone and seaweed broth. Just the hair-oriented stuff, I ate other stuff, too.

Knifegill
August 30th, 2014, 10:59 AM
<3 Liver
<3 Butter
<3 Avocado

Somebody is doing it right. I had liver yesterday and regularly eat avocados. Amazing on every level.

Knifegill
September 1st, 2014, 03:00 AM
Had 1/2 pound of chicken liver and 8 eggs, a mouthful of dulce and normal dose prenatal vitamins.

Salmon yesterday (biotin).

Sarahlabyrinth
September 1st, 2014, 04:48 AM
Had 1/2 pound of chicken liver and 8 eggs, a mouthful of dulce and normal dose prenatal vitamins.

Salmon yesterday (biotin).

8 eggs???? My sister was warned by the doctor that eating 6 eggs a day was unhealthy.... Isn't 1 egg a day enough? I don't mean to be rude or anything, I just wouldn't want to see you overdoing things for the sake of growing hair.

Skade
September 1st, 2014, 04:55 AM
Yogurt, sandwiches, chocolate, I´m having a hungry day :)

xoChesleyy
September 1st, 2014, 05:32 AM
8 eggs???? My sister was warned by the doctor that eating 6 eggs a day was unhealthy.... Isn't 1 egg a day enough? I don't mean to be rude or anything, I just wouldn't want to see you overdoing things for the sake of growing hair.

I agree.. Not to mention the cholesterol from all those.
One egg has 187 mg of cholesterol, and the recommended limit is 300 mg per day.
I'm not a doctor of course, but please just be sure you aren't doing anything detrimental to your health due to your hair! :P

martyna_22
September 1st, 2014, 05:38 AM
I agree.. Not to mention the cholesterol from all those.
One egg has 187 mg of cholesterol, and the recommended limit is 300 mg per day.
I'm not a doctor of course, but please just be sure you aren't doing anything detrimental to your health due to your hair! :P

Yeah.. I agree as well! All this cholesterol and choline intake are just plain unhealthy. Not to mention saturated fat. And as the yolk is what embryos need to survive, there's a lot of vitamin A, E and D as well.. and overdosing these (fat-soluble vitamins can be stored in liver) is bad. No need to cut down on them completely, what I'm saying is that moderation is key!

Knifegill
September 1st, 2014, 07:17 AM
Nope dietary intake of cholesterol is not harmful in any way for most people. My numbers are great! A man who ate 24 eggs a day for a decade or two also has excellent numbers. Eggs are nothing but good for you, one of nature's gifts. Enjoy with abandon.

Your doctor is a lying thief scumbag who wants you to be sick so he can sell you pills. Take most of what he tells you about food, and do the exact opposite if you want optimal health.

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Cholesterol-Con-Anthony-Colpo/dp/1430309334

Knifegill
September 1st, 2014, 08:29 PM
8 eggs and 12 ounces of salmon, sheep bone broth with seaweed and added gelatin.

prettyinpink
September 1st, 2014, 08:59 PM
My boyfriends out of town, so I'm having tons and tons of garlic! Garlic is supposed to be so good for hair growth and its delicious (: Im also having lots of spinach, kale, and celery

Knifegill
September 1st, 2014, 10:40 PM
Didn't know that about garlic! I do eat it rather often. Hmm, I should just formulate a daily hair broth...

Knifegill
September 2nd, 2014, 08:45 AM
5 pieces of bacon and 600 calories of mozzarella cheese. Saturated fat is good for skin and hair. Prenatal vitamins.

Knifegill
September 5th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Last night's broth was lamb bones, gelatin, seaweed, and diatomaceous earth with a splash of kombucha vinegar to help dissolve the bones in the pressure cooker. I let it stew 45 minutes this time and it was super cloudy, largely from the DE, I'm sure, but those bones were very soft coming out. Good stuff.

I forgot about garlic!

Sunny_side_up
September 7th, 2014, 10:08 AM
A banana, an apple, turkey sandwich. Cucumber, tomatoes. Vit & mineral supplement. Beef meatballs. Also spicy lime & garlic rice with mixed seafood(prawn, mussels & squid).

qijino1236
September 8th, 2014, 10:00 AM
I think a while ago on this post someone suggested an egg-banana pancake...I have been switching between eating eggs w/veggies in it, oatmeal w/bananas and cinnamon, and egg-banana pancakes. Also a green smoothie with that. Egg-banana pancakes usually have cinnamon eggs and banana. IDK if cinnamon is a specifically heathly spice for the hair but I know its heathly. Egg-banana pancakes are usually soft like a cooked egg but also taste close to panrcake. Since then I have experimented to try and get the texture of the egg-banana pancake closer to a realistic regular pancake but also being healthy . What I came up with a while ago is I blend a container of oatmeal into oatmeal flour and add some oatmeal flour to the egg-banana pancake. blending 1 container of oatmeal flour is enough flour to make a lot of days worth of egg-banana pancakes. Just a few days I thought of a way to reduce the amount of oatmeal flour I use on each egg-banana pancake so I can probably now only have to blend a container of oatmeal every month and a half to two months rather than every 2-3 weeks.

I used chia seeds w/water.

I mixed the fully water expanded chia seeds with the cinnamon.

The chia -cinnamon mix became kind of a thick goopy substance that when mixed turned into a thick goopy ball
It became so thick already that the first day I didn't even use oatmeal flour.

+2 egg +2 banana mixed ......
After that I added a little bit of the eggs combined w/ mashed bananas to the chia-cinnamon mixture in hopes that it would still stay pretty thick and maybe with the extra moisture the chia seeds would expand a little more(I think maybe they did expand a little bit more IDK :) )

the mixture was still pretty thick.
then I slowly added the rest of the egg/banana mixture

cooked that up on the skillet like a pancake and when done it was definitely thicker and a different texture than if it was only eggs,bananas and cinnamon.

The next day I decided to add a little bit of oatmeal flour to the chia-cinnamon goopy ball....just a teaspoon of oatmeal flour made the goopy ball much thicker and I had quite thick pancakes.

The next day after that I decided to add more oatmeal flour (like 2.5 tablespoons of oatmeal flour) and even a tiny, tiny bit of baking powder to goopy cinnachia ball. It was so thick that I decided to add some soy milk to the final egg-banana-chia-cinnamon mixture. These pancakes came out really good and tasted very close to real pancakes. the mixture made like 5-6 small pancakes just with these ingredients:

Cinnachia ballnana pancakes-

2 eggs
2 bananas
1-2 tablespoons chia seeds added to some water(enough water for decent expansion)
2-5 teaspoons cinnamon depending on how much you like cinnamon
0-2.5 tablespoons oatmeal flour
tiny,tiny bit of baking powder or soda(probably not healthy for hair so you can leave out if wanted)

little bit of milk/soy milk/almond milk if mixture is too thick.

qijino1236
September 8th, 2014, 10:01 AM
duplicate post deleted

GL
September 8th, 2014, 02:37 PM
I eat eggs, meat and chiken, proteins, and sea of vegetables)

prettyinpink
September 8th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Pineapple! Gotta get that b-6!!

Knifegill
September 8th, 2014, 04:15 PM
2 cups of raw milk, some plantain chips in palm oil, and some roasted almonds in sea salt. Whole duck in the cooker now.

The usual broth seaweed, gelatin, etc.

Isn't everything we eat to stay alive helping our hair? I mean, the farther from dead we are the better our hair grows, right? Yes, yes, hair grows after death. But you know what I mean. Even the ghetto people who had ramen noodles are feeding themselves, staying undead, and thereby growing hair. Or is this specifically about things meant to help hair above and beyond typical dietary meanderings?

Nightamin
September 15th, 2014, 02:33 AM
6 fish oil capsules (BLECH), calcium + vit d supplement, biotin and folic acid.

Food wise so far? Dried seaweed with olive oil, turkey salad with dark leafy greens.

Knifegill
September 15th, 2014, 02:36 AM
Fun side-effect! My daily broth has built up the cartilage in my knees and I'm walking on cushions again. Yay! I've never been consistent enough long enough to experience this.

hanne jensen
September 15th, 2014, 07:04 AM
I ate 2 eggs today. I've also been eating peanutbutter.

Knifegill
September 15th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Oh, I ate my 8 eggs as usual also! Thanks for the reminder, hanne jensen! Also 2 chunks of lamb liver.

YGDW
September 15th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Wow, peanut butter and eggs are good for your hair? Good to know! I do wonder why I'm not far beyond classic though - I eat peanut butter on a daily basis. :D

I also ate quite some fruits, a few nuts and a quinoa salad. Tonight I'll take some additional Vitamin B12 and D pills as well.

SkyChild
September 15th, 2014, 09:27 AM
The most wicked dark chocolate with salted caramel that I could find. And smoked cheese and tea. It made me eat it - honest!

On a serious note I will be having Eggs Benedict for tea (protein-tastic) and assorted vitamins and omega 3 (that must do something for hair, surely?)

dogzdinner
September 15th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Is pizza good for your hair?? :)
(seriously though I usually have eggs for breakfast and try and include nuts/seeds in my diet too).

vicvic
September 15th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Hmm...ok I'll play. Two fried eggs over sautéed spinach, grapes, vitamins. Have a green smoothie to take to work with greens (obviously), a quarter of a beet, pineapple, tuna fruit, and my "supplements": diatomaceous earth, gelatin, protein powder, msm. I mix those all together and keep in a jar to put in my smoothie, so much easier.

Omg, I sound so healthy...I'm going to just pretend that I didn't eat mountains of junk over the weekend and let you guys think I'm all health conscious n stuff.

Rushli
October 5th, 2014, 12:28 AM
I started adding chia seeds to whatever I can.

ghost
October 5th, 2014, 01:08 AM
Tons of protein: two cups of Greek yogurt, and a fish appetizer plate with shrimp, herring, salmon and trout.

hanne jensen
October 5th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Peanutbutter. Im in heaven...