PDA

View Full Version : Little hair neuroses

Perididdle
December 27th, 2012, 08:23 PM
I know a lot of us have 'em. What are yours?

The one that jumps to my mind is pigtail braids. I need them to be in the exact mirroring spots on my head. Even just wearing them to bed, I need the French braids to start at the same spot, otherwise, I'll redo one until it's right. I could say this is because I'm trying to make the resulting waves even, but just the fact that it is "there" bothers me. It's a pain to keep redoing them, but I just can't leave it!

turtlelover
December 27th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Trimming bangs. If they are even SLIGHTLY the wrong length, I have to chop them immediately. I can pretty much ignore the rest of my hair, but the bangs must be exactly right!

Achlys
December 27th, 2012, 09:18 PM
When my hair dries, the front hairs that are against my shoulders get a slight wave from being there. I'd prefer my hair to be evenly straight. And my ends tend to sometimes stick outwards in a single wave that annoys me a little.

Naiadryade
December 27th, 2012, 09:29 PM
I absent-mindedly play with my cowlick a lot, especially when I haven't washed my hair in a while so it's more pronounced. It's kind of an oddly L-shaped cowlick to the left of my crown, and sometimes my fingers just won't stop trying to put all the hairs in the direction they're trying to grow... and then it looks ridiculous, with my hair swirling all over the place, some covering my face but coming from the back of my head. I try hard not to do it in public!

Sharysa
December 27th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Dittoing the "French braid symmetry."

I also hate when my hair does this weird "left side is wavier than the stick-straight right side" thing.

missannie
December 27th, 2012, 10:03 PM
My hair has to be a straight blunt cut as straight and blunt as possible!

tweetylonghair
December 27th, 2012, 11:44 PM
I want to be able to always run my fingers through my hair....If its really tangly or feels not right, bothers me to no end. It's also an annoyance to take a shower w/o washing hair then wake up nxt day wishing all day I should have washed it.

nellreno
December 28th, 2012, 12:26 AM
I know a lot of us have 'em. What are yours?

The one that jumps to my mind is pigtail braids. I need them to be in the exact mirroring spots on my head. Even just wearing them to bed, I need the French braids to start at the same spot, otherwise, I'll redo one until it's right. I could say this is because I'm trying to make the resulting waves even, but just the fact that it is "there" bothers me. It's a pain to keep redoing them, but I just can't leave it!

Ha, I do this too. Or if one ends up being tighter/looser than the other I have to redo it so they're even. and they have to end at the same length too.

Natalia
December 28th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Since going wo i REALLY hate anyone touching my hair i dont even touch it unless my hands have been just washed. I get breakouts and skin infections so easil it get paranoid :p. Wo is just so convienient its worth people thinking im a freak lol

melusine963
December 28th, 2012, 03:54 AM
I hate it when my canopy gets frizzy. Even though I try to handle the hair nearest my roots as little as possible in order to slow down the greasiness, I can't help smoothing it down if it gets frizzy.

see_turtle
December 29th, 2012, 11:45 AM
My part has to be exactly right. I hate when it is frizzy, if there are tangles I must work them out. Like a PP I must have the ability to run my hands through the whole length. My braids and buns must look "right"....I'm a bit anal retentive in my whole life not just hair.

Sillage
December 29th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Fairy tale ends-- I cannot stand them on my hair (strangely enough I like fairy tale ends on other people). My hair absolutely has to be cut straight across. Frizz-- I want my hair to be smooth straight and shiny :P Constantly buying new products-- I'm always in search of the next great thing that will solve all my hair problems and now I've got a HUGE stash that I need to work thru.

rtree721
December 29th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Oh so many....
The first one that comes to mind is when my hair is down after air drying and it doesn't know if it wants to be straight or wavy. The front pieces curve towards my face, the underside has waves, the top is straight all the way to ends... and those ends... all flipping out in different directions with this weird little wave to them. It is so annoying that I hardly ever wear my hair down after it dries, braid waves are my friend.

ghost
December 29th, 2012, 04:34 PM
I have to have a relatively blunt hemline -a little bit of the fairytale-ends look is okay, even expected since I have wavy/curly hair...but mostly I try to stay on top of that blunt hemline. Also, my hair has to be the perfect shade of black -I get so annoyed if I even think it's fading a little bit. I use the deepest black dye I can find, and even though it probably won't fade too much I use black malva conditioner once a week to keep the color from getting too warm. I'm so close to just adding a tub of manic panic raven black to my every day conditioner bottle...I have friends with unnaturally pink/red hair and it works for them!

spidermom
December 29th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I hate the look of a straight slash of scalp, so if my hair somehow ends up with a straight part, I mess it up.