PDA

View Full Version : ACV help

qijino1236
December 27th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I have seen a couple of posts about ACV(Apple Cider Vinegar)when should I use ACV? from one post I read I seems that it should be done after clarifying and chelating http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10692 .....this post wasn't that clear about when it should be used but the order of the post seemed to indicate to do an ACV after clarifying and chelating...is this right or a common time to do this? Is the only reason for using Apple Cider Vinegar rinse to balance the pH in the hair? Are their negative effects to ACV? Is 2 tablespoons of ACV to 8oz of water a good ratio?
From posts I have read so far it looks to be that ACV should be done in between shampooing and conditioning...for those who do ACV is this what you usually do?

Sillage
December 27th, 2012, 06:55 PM
First off there are somethings I disagree with in that post like never using a chelating shampoo without clarifying first. Anyway, what ACV allegedly helps to close the hair's cuticle with its low pH. So when I clarify and chelate before a protein treatment, I don't use ACV because I want my cuticle open for the protein treatment. After the protein treatment is out of my hair, I use ACV and then deep condition. I don't do ACV rinses much anymore but I used to use them between shampooing and conditioning and they worked really well. I normally use maybe 2 TBS in a cup of water.

Zesty
December 27th, 2012, 08:13 PM
I do mine after shampooing and conditioning, and I don't measure. I just put about a finger width of ACV in a bottle and fill the rest up with cool water. It helps close the cuticle, return the hair to its natural pH, combat hard water, and I've heard it's also good for your scalp. There's a lot of conflicting information about vinegar rinses in general, but that's what I've gathered and I like my routine pretty well.

qijino1236
December 27th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks for all the help and advice!:) on ACV!