PDA

View Full Version : What was your 2012 goal?

kallarina
December 26th, 2012, 02:17 PM
As the year rapidly approaches the end, I just wanted to see how many of us reached our 2012 goals, and we can all share our 2013 goals.
(Not sure if there is already a thread, I searched but didn't find anything.)

So, what was your 2012 year-end goal, and what is/are your 2013 goal(s)?

I'll go first!
My ambitious 2012 goal was classic. My realistic goal was mid-butt with a nice hem. I reached mid-butt with what I consider to be an acceptable hem, I even trimmed in November and still made it! YAY!
My 2013 goal is reaching solid classic by the end of the year, which will mean getting rid of my layers by maintaining as soon as I reach it.

Now it's your turn!

gillybeanxo3921
December 26th, 2012, 02:37 PM
My goal was waist, and I didn't make it due to all my trims :(

I did make about three inches of progress this year though, and I know I will be waist by this time next year, because to trim until I reach it :D

biogirl87
December 26th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Since the longest my hair was at any point in my life was maybe an inch below APL, when setting a goal for myself hair-wise this year I didn't want to be ambitious and set my goal for this year at APL, which I've reached and passed in October. From now on I'm going to go in small milestones with hair goals and I don't know how long it'll be able to grow, for whatever reason I don't have the volume in my hair I used to before, and even my mom thinks shorter hair would look better on me when my hair is thinner than it was in my teens (I miss the thickness/volume my hair had at that age). So, first goal in 2013 is to get to BSL and get rid of the layers if this isn't accomplished with my trim in the next couple of weeks.

dwell_in_safety
December 26th, 2012, 02:39 PM
My goal was waist, which I reached in November. ^_^ I am hoping to reach hip by 2014. I am very confident that I will. I hesitate to reach for anything more ambitious because the distance from waist to hip on me is pretty far because I'm tall. I also think that reaching hip AND trimming off all my dyed hair can't happen, so that second goal will have to wait for 2014. :)

hafattack
December 26th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Waist by Christmas and made it! TBL is my goal for 2013 but i will be really happy when i find a routine my hair likes.. i made huge steps towards that in 2012!!:hifive: self five!

Coolcombination
December 26th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I wanted bsl for 2012 and I reached it at my stretched length anyway. My goal for December 2013 is mbl with at least 5" inches of virgin (un dyed) hair!

SerinaDaith
December 26th, 2012, 03:20 PM
My goal this year was shoulder which I hit around October. My goal for next years will be just above BSL. I should hit a solid APL about June since in six months I have gotten four inches of growth however I have no idea how much growth I actually average in a year yet.

MaryMarx
December 26th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I didn't have a length goal, but a healthy hair goal, and growing out black dye. And I made it! My hair's pretty healthy, finally.

SnowyDream
December 26th, 2012, 03:38 PM
My goal was to finally grow out my bleached ends which I did thanks to two big chops :( , but hey its all out now . Yippy! :joy:

Nique1202
December 26th, 2012, 03:46 PM
My goal this year was to get the last of the "layers" (mullet effect) from my pixie cut out. Now that I'm at a solid, no-layer collarbone, my goal for 2013 is BSL (it's only 8.5 inches away!) and my very ambitious dream for 2013 is waist (which is only 3 inches past BSL for me, so if I can get an inch a month... :D )

Sylvestrix
December 26th, 2012, 03:48 PM
My goal for this year was waist length, and whilst I've still got about half an inch to go, I've reassessed my goals recently anyhow, and am now shooting for BCL. I know when I get near it I'll change my mind again, but for now, BCL is the firm goal, and hopefully I'll make it! Congrats to everyone who reached a goal this year, be it temporary or final! <3

Sillage
December 26th, 2012, 03:49 PM
My goal was smooth glossy hair at BSL. I've got the length, but my hair isn't as smooth as I'd like-- but it's slowly getting there thanks to protein treatments, leave ins, and silicone serums.

Kelikea
December 26th, 2012, 03:51 PM
My goal was TBL and I made it. Hoping for classic in 2013:)

rock007junkie
December 26th, 2012, 03:52 PM
My goal was to ake it to waist, which I did around September. Since I've been trimming monthly and have cut down to midback again.

Kittykins
December 26th, 2012, 04:18 PM
My goal was to hit waist and I managed that around mid December.

jacqueline101
December 26th, 2012, 04:25 PM
I wanted to reach mbl. I got a 3 inch trim from a hair dresser the trim was unwanted. I'm hoping to get there soon if not the middle 2013.

torrilin
December 26th, 2012, 04:28 PM
I stayed in the elbow+ range all year. I'm now visibly past waist, and heading towards LHC style hip (which is a marker I'm not using). More importantly, twin braids wrap enough around my head that the tassels pass the opposite ear.

My two long term goals are to maintain my hair's current condition of minimal splits, and grow a single braid that goes the whole way round my head. It's possible that might take only a year, but it's not the way I'm betting.

Sharysa
December 26th, 2012, 04:34 PM
My goal for 2012 was "as long as possible." Seeing as it's a healthy mid-back from shoulder-length in February, I think I've done great.

Maverick494
December 26th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Hip, haha. I achieved waist 1,5 years ago, so I figured hitting hip would be a walk in the park. Well, two years later I'm still not there. While I haven't dyed my hair in a year I think it's damage prone state is thanks to all those years of bleach that came before. Those ends are old and battered after all... so I keep trimming, and I keep myself away from my goals...ah, to have fully healthy, quickly growing hair...*wistful sigh*

Annibelle
December 26th, 2012, 05:27 PM
My 2012 goal when I joined in 2011 was hip. Ha! So in 2012, I revised it to WL with a solid hemline, as it was already WL. Ha! My hair is now APL with a solid-ish hemline. :( My ultimate goal is hip, but I'm not putting dates on it anymore. I keep failing and I honestly don't think I'll ever make it.

shazzshazshz
December 26th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Great idea for a thread. My goal for 2012 was to reach waist and I made it! Now my goal for 2013 is to reach solid, healthy hip :pray:

Lorisal
December 26th, 2012, 06:37 PM
My goal was BSL and I did not make it. My 2013 goal is BSL.

MiaBeth
December 26th, 2012, 07:14 PM
APL, no heat styling, and healthy -- I made it! Now, onto BSL for next year : )

SGBSteve
December 26th, 2012, 07:16 PM
I didn't have a specific goal for the end of 2012 but my goal this year was basically to begin growing my hair long in the first place. Back in January my hair was 1/8th inch long and now it goes down past my nose so I feel like I've been successful so far. My goal is to reach SL and perhaps beyond so I guess SL will be my goal for 2013.

ceruleanlove
December 26th, 2012, 07:56 PM
My goal for this year was to get rid of all the bleach damage, and to reshape my hair care routine into something more nurturing. I am very pleased that I managed these things, although it is unfortunate that I haven't gained any length this year. Ah, well, healthier lengths await me for 2013!

Winnie!
December 26th, 2012, 08:15 PM
At the end of 2011, I had just started wanting long hair. I had hoped that I would make waist this year. However, I reaaallly overestimated my growth rate. :rant: Having reassessed in early 2012, I hoped for BSL. Which I finally made it around October. So next year I'm hoping for waist length! :D

Wahinee
December 26th, 2012, 09:31 PM
My goal was to be waist length unstretched with a few strands reaching hip stretched. That's where I'm at and i'm not real satisfied. In 2013 i'd like full hip length curly.

JamieLeigh
December 26th, 2012, 10:14 PM
My main goal this year was to allow my thickness to travel down my length and maintain until I am happier with looking at it when it's loose. I think I achieved this fairly well. I'd like for my visual thickness to be at least classic length, but it's at hip length right now and I imagine it will hit classic sometime in the next year. :) I'll probably maintain at fingertip length, if I reach it, to let that catch up.

HumanBean
December 27th, 2012, 12:17 AM
My goal for 2012 was BSL, which I made a couple of months ago. My length goal for 2013 is waist, however, my more important condition goal is to stop this shedding I am experiencing (due to weight loss), and if that doesn't happen soon it may be that trimming is in order which will impede the length goal. We shall see.

battles
December 27th, 2012, 01:55 AM
My goal was BSL, and I just missed it by half an inch. Goal for 2013 is waist.

kallarina
December 27th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Congratulations to everyone who made their goals!! For those who didn't, that's what next year is for. Our hair pretty much does what it wants, so just hang in there.
I'd love to hear from some more!

princess007
December 27th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Well I started with a Pixie in May 2011. So my goal for the end of 2012....was to have it all grown out and on its way past shoulders. So YAY...I made it. I am just getting to APL.

Since i was having the mullet effect from the pixie grow out, I have gotten it cut about every 3 months or so. Now it is long enough to where I can micro trim it myself and just get the splitends. My hair seems to be growing at a solid 3/4 inch a month.

Goal for end of 2013, as close to waist as possible. Will probably be between BSL and waist.
Final goal (2014) - TBL.

faery_braids
December 27th, 2012, 02:24 AM
My goal was waist, but I didn't think about whether I wanted it to be waist while stretched or waist while unstretched...I think I'll say it was supposed to be waist while combed but unstretched. So I didn't quite make it. :c For 2013 I wish my hair will be waist-length by end of the spring term (so anytime during April), and for it simply to be healthy throughout the year. If it reaches tailbone by the end of next year (not expecting it, but I am short so it could happen) I'll be ecstatic.

oktobergoud
December 27th, 2012, 02:45 AM
My goal was to reach chin-length first.. and after a while it became a goal to reach shoulder length before the end of the year! Right now I'm a little past collarbone so I guess I succeeded :D

My goal for next year is to (hopefully) reach APL! I have trimmed a lot last year so I'm joining the 'no trims for 2013 challenge' :)

skyblue
December 27th, 2012, 03:33 AM
My goal was to reach classic by the end of the year, I was almost there too but my ends were getting so transparent, I broke down and trimmed about an inch, I am very happy though because I didn't think my hair would grow this long! I guess I can wait another few months to say I made it lol!! Then off to finger tip! If I make it that far I'll stop and maintain for a year or so in the hopes that my ends with get thicker

Sarahlabyrinth
December 27th, 2012, 03:41 AM
My goal for this year was to be BSL. Stretched, I am past it but not quite there unstretched. I'm not calling BSL until I'm there unstretched, annoying wavy hair!

Taenarian
December 27th, 2012, 05:05 AM
As much length as possible was my 2012 goal, and I made BSL at last. Had to do some micro-trims, though and will likely do more as I reach for waist +++ this new year.

Mischamiu
December 27th, 2012, 06:00 AM
My ambitious goal was mid back and my realistic goal was BSL. I reached BSL in september and got a bit passed it since november, but I had a terrible cut in a salon when I was just asking for a one inch trim :( I've decided to start cutting my own hair, I am so excited! I don't think it will take me long to reach BSL now since it is healthy and hopefully I will be mid back for next year !:o

~honeyflower~
December 29th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Well...for 2012 I had one goal in mind but it soon became three and a little later almost eight. So here is my list over the year.

-get rid of my side bangs
-start my first hair care kit
-trim my split ends off by myself
-once a month pictures (failed)
-join LHC
-find coconut oil (found it three months later )
-find a bbb (got mine a couple weeks ago)

RileyJane
December 29th, 2012, 09:50 PM
My goal for 2012 was pretty lame; i only made a goal to grow it out and the healthiest way possible, too. I reached BSL length about sept/oct. My goal for 2013 although is waist, which i MIGHT make, as long as my hair just GROWS; my ends are now extremely healthy when compared to this years' growth, so i have a fighting chance to make my goal in 2013! :)

Shepherdess
December 29th, 2012, 09:58 PM
My goal for 2012 was to reach knee length. But I have been in a stall in my hair growth for a few months, so I will not reach it now until hopefully next year sometime. When wet my hair almost brushes my knees, but I don't really count that! :p

hairhair
December 29th, 2012, 10:04 PM
I didn't have a goal for the whole year, because I only joined LHC in June. However, then I sort of set a goal of BSL by Christmas/New Year/y'know summertime. I'd say it was a bit too ambitious, although my longest hairs are getting close to BSL so I may yet achieve it by the end of y'know summertime (still got two months to go, technically).

My goal for 2013 is waist length. I will probably need one trim but I'm trying to hold off till it's long enough to self-trim. It looks like six inches to go so this should be achievable. I'm planning to possibly use castor oil, so depending on how this goes it could help.

Does anyone else have a hair resolution, like something that you're resolving to do, eg. pre-wash oil every wash, deep condition x number of times per month? This also seems cool to me, as it's inside your control, unlike random stalls or sheds or unexpected, unavoidable trims.

Good luck with your goals and happy New Year everyone! :D

goldloli
December 30th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I did reach all of my initial goals, but now i have more due to lhc and new awareness of hair :o

-got to waist for summer
-got to navel for fall
-trimmed a lot of the layers and almost gotten rid of the reverse v from nape breakage
-now at solid navel/hip with a decent-ish hemline
-grow out bangs to side bangs

new goals
-tbl
-be rid of all layers
-trim away all of the hair that was repeatedly exposed to highest heat settings this is a biggy now since it doesn't curl right, tangles, breaks and splits v easily
-grow underlayer breakage/hairfall areas to hemline, something i didn't really pay much attention to before yet has many benefits such as thickness.

this will probably be a 2 year project till i have dream hair but thanks to lhc my hair looks better every day

jojo
December 30th, 2012, 01:53 PM
My goal was for thicker ends at waist, i started off the year as hip and have trimmed back to waist and achieved a thicker hemline. For 2013 i am trimming less and hope to reach bc length, the following year i shall maintain to reclaim a thicker hemline again as i know my hair will thin once it gains length. Basically i do a maintain year, followed by a grow year! Works for me!

Lostsoule77
December 30th, 2012, 03:16 PM
My goal was classic and I did, barely, reach it. I'm way past due for a trim so I'm going for one, hopefully, in January. Depending on how much I have to get trimmed, and if my genes allow, I'm hoping for fingertip in 2013.

Silverbrumby
December 30th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I finally reached BSL which is close to terminal for me. Happy that in photos and videos I've seen recently my hair shines.

AnqeIicDemise
December 30th, 2012, 04:00 PM
My goal was to reach hip and get rid of layers. Very,very hard to do and for a while it felt like I wasn't going to make it as I would trim half an inch to an inch almost every two months. I had my last major trim in August and that seems to have done away with a large portion of the layers/thinning out I'm trying to get rid of. I'm finally at hip, 2 more inches left to TBL.

jojo
December 31st, 2012, 07:41 AM
I finally reached BSL which is close to terminal for me. Happy that in photos and videos I've seen recently my hair shines.
What makes you think your at terminal? Your ends from your siggi photo look thick which indicates you have a fair bit of growth to come. Id put a months wage that you can get to longer lengths, keep positive good things are around the corner for your hair!

Mayflower
December 31st, 2012, 07:52 AM
I wanted to reach hip, which it did.

MissAlida
December 31st, 2012, 08:05 AM
My goal was to reach BSL curly. And I reached it this month.;) So I'm happy for that. I even found a cure for my shedding. And dyed my hair for the first time ever(with henna). My goal for 2013 is MBL hair with a thicker hemline. I think I can make it by the end of next year.

LadyCelestina
December 31st, 2012, 01:55 PM
My goal was waist and I hit it with my longest strands in August,but then I chopped it to just above BSL.So my 2013 goal is to be at waist curly again like I was in August!

melusine963
December 31st, 2012, 03:14 PM
I didn't really have a specific goal this year, other than to maintain my hair in better shape. I seem to have succeeded with that: regular s&ding is keeping the splits in control so I don't have to trim off too much hair. I'm almost at my long-awaited TBL, so I think 2013 will be the year for proper a proper goal of thickening my ends.

RedBlue
December 31st, 2012, 08:21 PM
At the beginning of 2012, my goal was to reach shoulder. Around April/May, it did and my goal changed to APL. I don't remember the exact month my hair reached APL, but now, my goal is to reach BSL. I'm hoping to hit it by mid February!

patienceneeded
December 31st, 2012, 11:34 PM
My goal was to get to an even (blunt) hemline, no layers, and to get to Waist. I did get the hemline I wanted, and no longer have any layering. However, reaching Waist did not happen. If I had sacrificed the hemline and kept the layers I would have hit Waist, but the hemline and layer-loss was more important to me. I'm only 1" from Waist anyway, I should reach that by March, maybe sooner.

My 2013 goals are to maintain the health of my hair and grow as much as it will grow. I would like to reach Hip by next Christmas, hopefully even longer. I have started wearing it up more often and have switched to a topknot instead of a braid for sleep. DH laughs at my hair when I get ready for bed, but I have stopped finding split ends since I started wearing it in a knot for sleep. I also realized how much my hair was rubbing on the couch when I watched TV, so I keep it out of the way as much as possible.

One other goal I have is shared with my daughter. DD5 decided to grow out her bangs, so we are growing them out together. She is learning all about proper hair-care now, while she is young and interested. I'll let her play with her hair when she's older if she wants, but for now we're taking good care of it. She wants hair to her finger-tips right now. Her hair is currently mid-back.

spirals
January 1st, 2013, 12:41 AM
I didn't even decide to grow it out until June. I picked waist by Christmas and was an inch shy. I just cleaned up the disconnected layer I had; all layers are blended now. I can go on to grow it toward hip. My ultimate goal is tailbone when curly, so I guess that's classic stretched. I believe by the end of this year I can get to solid, curly hip.

Lissandria
January 1st, 2013, 01:12 AM
My original goal this time last year with my hair around ~21-22" was to reach 27" (BSL) by the end of 2012.

I decided mid year that I would like to remove black henndigo and grow out my natural hair colour. After months of colour removal treatments my hair was a little worse for wear so I chopped an inch off. I also chopped another inch off after having my hair heat styled after a friends' wedding due to the damage and splits that appeared afterwards. My goal from there onwards was to reach 25" by the end of the year- a goal which I have reached!! I have a long way to go until my remaining henndigo is grown out and until my layers have caught up, but Im happy because my hair is so much thicker than it was this time last year and is nearly at its longest ever. Regular dustings and S+D mean my hair is healthier than ever, too.
:cheese:

thisisnttakenye
January 2nd, 2013, 02:51 PM
My goal was bsl, which I sort of achieved. About half my hair reaches it while wet/stretched. My goal for this year is waist, but that is a little ambitious... wish me luck!

jennafrogg
January 3rd, 2013, 03:32 AM
My goal was to cut out all of the dye damage and grow out virgin hair .

DarkCurls
January 3rd, 2013, 03:35 AM
I'm pretty sure mine was hip, which I've passed when stretched. I'm just barely there when curly, definitely not a solid hip yet. :p

Iolanthe13
January 3rd, 2013, 02:41 PM
I was hoping for waist this year. If I hadn't trimmed in November, I'd be there solidly - as it is I'm just barely there. Another inch would make me more confident calling my hair waist length. However, the hemline is nice, the layers are looking reasonable (I don't want them gone), and the condition throughout is miles beyond what I had last December.

This year, I'm hoping to grow to hip length. I think I'll keep growing as long as I can, until the non-damaged hair hits waist. Then I'll get a professional hair cut and maintain there.

longcurlygirl<3
January 3rd, 2013, 02:53 PM
Mine was Hip length while curly. Made it ^_^ by like octiber after trimming to waist in March. My hair is acting up now, and I do not want to trim.. so maybe I may reach TBL by april? I am an inch and a half past BCL when stretched. Wish to be TBL curly with a nice U hem and see from there whatever the Lord wants it to grow :)

lunalocks
January 3rd, 2013, 03:12 PM
My goal was 36 inches, after my December trim, and I am there! On me, 36 inches is hip. 2013 goal is tailbone.

ravenreed
January 3rd, 2013, 03:15 PM
I think mine was reaching classic, which I did. Then I decided I wanted about finger tip, or long enough for my braid to wrap around my head. Still working on that one! I guess that will be my 2013 goal.

MinderMutsig
January 3rd, 2013, 04:04 PM
My goal for 2012 was to reach BSL, which I did last June. My goal for 2013 is to reach waist and maintain there for a while and then continue growing.

Meli
January 3rd, 2013, 04:33 PM
Since I stalled at hip-length for about three years I no longer put time-limits on my goals. I do calculate when I should get there with a normal growth-rate, but then don't really expect to get there anytime soon in case my hair hits another stall first. Maybe it is silly of me but I don't want to get disappointed. I'd rather have a pleasant surprise if I do reach my next goal on time. That said, when I realized my hair was growing again in early 2012, I hoped to reach BCL before the end of the year, and I did. :cheese: Now I am 2 inches away from TBL, I should get there in 2013 - unless my hair stalls out for another year or so...

lilliemer
January 3rd, 2013, 06:04 PM
It wasn't a goal so much as a hope...BSL unstretched. I am there stretched. In the meantime I added thickness and health (I think). I still have about 6" of heat damage to grow out. It will probably take over 2 years to get to waist with all the heat damage gone, which is my ultimate goal.