PDA

View Full Version : I couldn't help it... I got bored, and dyed my hair

Iaine
December 26th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I love the color, but I'm hoping this won't have too negative an effect on my growth. Here's how it looks after being up in bantu knots.

Pic (http://theracetofit.tumblr.com/private/38867661552/tumblr_mfn7i6oDdE1rv7p1p)

Fantak
December 26th, 2012, 07:54 AM
I would enjoy it and not worry too much :)

Alot of long hairs dye their hair, not all hair reacts the same way to the same things and some people can dye their hair without doing major damage to their hair :)

Baby your hair, oil it and keep it up as much as you can to stregthen it and avoid further damage :)

Iaine
December 26th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Yeah, I soaked it in coconut oil after I finished rinsing out the day, and it feels pretty good for now.

Macaroni
December 26th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Very nice.

I use permanent color on my now waist length hair and have for years and will for years. I only have to touch up the roots but it's easy and I do it myself.

I use coconut oil on my ends after combing/brushing. I moisturize after every shampoo.

Treat your hair gently and it should be fine.

Sillage
December 26th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I dye my hair too :) My hair is BSL and I use permanent color. Doing protein treatments and using heavy conditioners really helps to keep it looking good and feeling strong. Love the color play of your hair Iaine.

jacqueline101
December 26th, 2012, 12:12 PM
I agree enjoy it and pamper it.

Iaine
December 26th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I dye my hair too :) My hair is BSL and I use permanent color. Doing protein treatments and using heavy conditioners really helps to keep it looking good and feeling strong. Love the color play of your hair Iaine.

Thanks so much. I was surprised by how well it came out. Hopefully, I'll be able to stretch out my touch-ups for as long as possible. How often do you touch-up your roots?

hufflepug
December 26th, 2012, 06:55 PM
That color is lovely :)

Sillage
December 26th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Hopefully, I'll be able to stretch out my touch-ups for as long as possible. How often do you touch-up your roots?

I touch up my roots every 3 to 4 weeks. Seems like a lot but I really hate it when my roots show, LOL. Lucky for me I do it at home with Ion permanent liquid color so it's inexpensive and very convenient.

Iaine
December 26th, 2012, 07:42 PM
That color is lovely :)

Thanks. It looks sort of burgundy in the picture, but in the sun, it's quite red. I love it! I don't think I'll ever go back to my natural hair color.

jlb
December 26th, 2012, 09:16 PM
love the color! I'm glad i'm not the only one that tends to color when I get bored. Enjoy it, you look great

juliaxena
December 27th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Oh I kind of wish more people read Elumen thread, not all hair dyes are made the same. hopefull you won't get too much damage and I hope you can enjoy the color for a long time.

Iaine
December 27th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Oh I kind of wish more people read Elumen thread, not all hair dyes are made the same. hopefull you won't get too much damage and I hope you can enjoy the color for a long time.

Hmm, I'd never heard of that product before. Perhaps, if I decide to change my color again, I'll look more into it. Chances are, though, that I won't be changing the color for quite some time. I like it too much. :D

starlamelissa
December 27th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I dye my hair too, and I am 3 inches from tailbone. I use perm color and everything! lol, I have no plans on stopping and have been dying it this color for over 2 years. Revlon colorsilk #42, the color nature shoulda gave me, lol! I touch up my roots every 3 weeks. the length gets a gloss of orange manic panic mixed with condish every so often, or the perm dye diluted with condish and left on for 5 mins.

jojo
December 27th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I soaked it in coconut oil after I finished rinsing out the day, and it feels pretty good for now.

I wouldnt worry too much, with coconut oil the way to use it is soak it prior to dying and just dye over the top, this prevents protein leaving the shaft. Though coconut oilings afterwards will help too :)

Iaine
December 27th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I wouldnt worry too much, with coconut oil the way to use it is soak it prior to dying and just dye over the top, this prevents protein leaving the shaft. Though coconut oilings afterwards will help too :)

The dye job was sort of spontaneous, so I hadn't thought about that. Luckily, I had been oiling my hair for a couple days beforehand, so hopefully that helped.

Iaine
December 27th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I dye my hair too, and I am 3 inches from tailbone. I use perm color and everything! lol, I have no plans on stopping and have been dying it this color for over 2 years. Revlon colorsilk #42, the color nature shoulda gave me, lol! I touch up my roots every 3 weeks. the length gets a gloss of orange manic panic mixed with condish every so often, or the perm dye diluted with condish and left on for 5 mins.

Orange manic panic sounds like an intense color. I'm guessing the conditioner helps soften up the color?