PDA

View Full Version : Curly Hair, need product advise?

Atira
December 25th, 2012, 08:00 PM
I just want to know what product (gel, mousse, etc) you curlies use on your hair. I co-wash and stay away from cones. But I'm looking for new products! thanks!

SlightlySoprano
December 25th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I've been using the Garnier Fructis Pure and Clean styling cream, I believe its cone free! :)

http://www.garnierusa.com/_en/_us/our_products/product-struct.aspx?tpcode=our_products^prd_styling^fructi s_style^style_discover^style_pure_clean

It says use a quarter size but i NEVER use more than a pea size on my fine hair.

CurlyCap
December 26th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Tresseme Naturals Moisture with some random oils squirted in as a leave-in is my favorite.

For detangling, Tressemme Naturals or Yes to Carrots.

Having said that, for some reason I can't get my hands on Tressemme Naturals recently. So when forced to resort to cones, I choose Hello Hydration to co-wash. Doesn't build up as fast as other products. As a leave-in, I've been enjoying Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion this winter.

DancingQueen
December 26th, 2012, 03:02 AM
I use ganier fructis hidra liso 72 horas (I found it on a vacation in spain - and of course you can't get it in denmark!) conditioner and shampoo. Two hours before I wash, I soak my hair in coconut oil. Then I shampoo the scalp twice, and use a good amount of conditioner on the length, and a bit on the scalp. After my hair dries, I use a bit to avoid frizz. You can say the three together is like the holy grail for me. :)

AceOfCurls
December 26th, 2012, 11:57 AM
My hair always get's tired of a product within a couple of weeks. My hair use to like Eco Styler, Kinky Curly Custard, and As I Am. Right now I'm using Alba Leave in Conditioner without any styling product. Henna has really helped to control frizz and loosen my curl, so I'm trying to figure out products that I can use with my new hair texture.

Mischamiu
December 26th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I tried the Garnier triple nutrition conditioner and I'm currently using one from Balea (with mango and aloe vera) that works pretty nice and smells amazing! I also like any sulfate free shampoo and hear good things about the one from Biolage :)

rock007junkie
December 26th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I'd recommend Kinky curly and definitely Curl Junkie products...they are awesome

lapushka
December 26th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I'm a wavy, but I took some recs from the naturallycurly forum on gels, and from other curlies here. That's why I use:

IC Fantasia gel (+ silicones, - alcohol)
Eco Styler gel (- silicones, -alcohol)
LA Looks gel (- silicones, -alcohol)

Quixii
December 26th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I've been enjoying Shea Moisture's deep conditioner as a leave in. :)

DinaAG
December 26th, 2012, 05:08 PM
you might like this: http://pinterest.com/LolaZabeth/diy-hair-care-recipes/

torrilin
December 28th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Not a curly, but I often find curl friendly products work better for my fine, straight and really dry hair. I also need fragrance free products, so I mostly use Alba Botanica's leave in conditioner, and Alaffia's Everyday Shea conditioner. My sister in law is a 3a and finds the Alba Botanica works very well for her too.