PDA

View Full Version : At the beach

Pierre
August 24th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I just got back from a church trip to the beach. Leaving, we met with some other people to combine stuff, and someone asked me "¿Quién te peinó?" I took that to mean "Who combed you?", wondered why she would ask that, then figured out she meant "Who did your hair?'. I had a single Dutch braid and told her I did it myself. She liked it very much and admitted she can braid other people's hair, but not her own.

This afternoon we went swimming in the ocean. Last year, when we made the trip to the same beach, I had no problem keeping all my hair tied down. This time, I went in first with double Dutch braids, which immediately fell apart. Then I made a bun with a hair scroo, and enough came out that I'd've lost the scroo if I had stayed any longer. Then I tied each ponytail tip to the other's base with a MiniMax, but one side came loose and I went patos a tierra. My hair isn't longer, by the measuring tape, but the end is definitely thicker, and there's more than I can hold in the sea with the hairtoys I have. So I just went in hasta el moño sin moño.

Cinnamon Hair
August 24th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Congrats on the dutch braid compliment. I can't braid my own hair unless I start with an elastic ponytail band.

That would suck to lose a hair scroo or mini ficcare; glad you were able to save them. Do you have any claw clips you could use? I had lots of success swimming in the ocean with a braid wrapped into a cinnamon bun shape and secured around the outside with a few claws. Just an idea for next time.