PDA

View Full Version : Bangs? Stay or Go?

A. Correira
December 24th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Hello All!!

So I am contemplating growing out my bangs. I've only had them for a few months and I'm not exactly tired of them, but I feel they may make me look too young and I miss doing updos and pulling all of my hair up into them. My husband loves my bangs... but he generally loves when I change my hair in one way or another. I am not sure. I am not sure if I really look that good and I am getting really bored with my hair!!

What do you all think? I apologize for the large pictures.... I can never get them to stay smaller!

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/Ariel_Correira/403142_3872553133643_1514375216_n_zps9ee7802f.jpg

This is usually how my bangs are. They are blunt cut and this is the way my husband likes them.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/Ariel_Correira/76459_3842053411169_1234481535_n_zps99a18f18.jpg

Occasionally I will wear them on the sides and I usually like having side swept bangs.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/Ariel_Correira/539743_3327665511793_927008739_n_zps6fef8e7e.jpg

This is me without, before I cut any bangs. I usually feel pretty boring without bangs but I want to do more updos... so I dunno.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/Ariel_Correira/407577_3744060201400_952428608_n_zps3e2da519.jpg

And here is my cat, Serenade. I thought a little kitty love on here would be fun!

Achlys
December 24th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I personally think your face looks more balanced without bangs. Seeing some forehead balances out your sharp chin. But sideswept bangs are okay in that aspect, too.

Audhumla
December 24th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I agree. You have a very nice face but the fringe just doesn't suit your face shape at all in my opinion.

Yozhik
December 24th, 2012, 08:06 PM
I like your sideswept bangs, but personally, I think you look even cuter without. :)

vanillabones
December 24th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Scrolling down I think your bangs are cute, and then the last picture - wow! You should grow them out you don't need them I think you look classy and very beautiful without the bangs and yes you can do more updos ;)

GoldberryHair
December 24th, 2012, 08:29 PM
You could have it both ways and do like me, I grew my bangs out, but for when I want them, I ordered (on Amazon) the Jessica Simpson Hair-do clip in bangs. They look SO real. Feel amazing, stay in securely and come in a range of colours. I would def recommend checking them out. :)

silkreel
December 24th, 2012, 09:47 PM
The bangs should go. Nice time for a change! Meanwhile, as you grow them, train your hair to part more to once side and sweep your bangs to the side as you grow them out. I think side swept will suit you as you grow them out!

Annibelle
December 24th, 2012, 09:54 PM
I'm going to be the lone dissenter here-- I think bangs look fabulous on you, though I don't like them when they're sideswept. I also think you look beautiful without bangs. You look like two different, but two equally beautiful, people with and without. If you want a change, go for it! You can always cut them in again and look adorable.

turtlelover
December 24th, 2012, 09:56 PM
I vote for keeping them. You look good without them, too, but they are really cute!

goldloli
December 24th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I personally think your face looks more balanced without bangs. Seeing some forehead balances out your sharp chin. But sideswept bangs are okay in that aspect, too.

I agree. You have a very nice face but the fringe just doesn't suit your face shape at all in my opinion.

these, you look awesome without bangs

RileyJane
December 24th, 2012, 10:37 PM
you can still do updos with bangs, you could choose a compromise and have slightly longer bangs than you normally have (side sweep them still) and see how you liike ur updos :) you can do a mixture of updos with ur bangs, or without them

OrchidRain
December 24th, 2012, 10:39 PM
We can see more of your gorgeous face without the bangs! I love two of the looks, though: 1) Sideswept 2) No bangs

A. Correira
December 24th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Thank you, Everyone! I think that I want to at least grow them to maybe longer side swept bangs. I am just torn because my husband loves my bangs so much. On another note, they are almost ridiculous to keep up with! My hair is growing so fast that I have to trim them almost every time I wash my hair.

I am very flattered to hear that I look good without them! I always thought that I had a big forehead! My mom has really big, blunt bangs because she thinks that she has a five head and my sister doesn't have bangs and she has a very awkward forehead where she needs a little extra somthing! So Thank you!

maborosi
December 24th, 2012, 11:50 PM
I'm going to be the lone dissenter here-- I think bangs look fabulous on you, though I don't like them when they're sideswept. I also think you look beautiful without bangs. You look like two different, but two equally beautiful, people with and without. If you want a change, go for it! You can always cut them in again and look adorable.

I agree with Annibelle here. Though I think of all the looks, no bangs is the best, but I really like your blunt cut bangs, too :)

~maborosi~

spidermom
December 25th, 2012, 12:49 AM
I don't get why you think bangs inhibit up-dos. I love how my bangs soften the severity of up-dos. But I have a totally different face shape than you do. I agree that you don't need bangs. You look beautiful without. You don't look bad with, though.

Elanadi
December 25th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Five head. :laugh: :laugh: I think you look so beautiful without bangs. I have serious no-bang envy, I can't get away without something to soften my face! I am usually a die hard bangs fan, but I'm not as crazy about the blunt cut bangs on you after seeing the no-bangs picture. And I totally get the frustration of keeping up bangs; that's a big part of the reason I'm growing mine out.

jacqueline101
December 25th, 2012, 03:15 AM
You look awesome without bangs. I normally like bangs but not this time.

oktobergoud
December 25th, 2012, 06:28 AM
I like the sideswept ones OR no bangs at all! I think you can rock it, it looks very classy :)

Five head. :laugh: :laugh: I think you look so beautiful without bangs. I have serious no-bang envy, I can't get away without something to soften my face! I am usually a die hard bangs fan, but I'm not as crazy about the blunt cut bangs on you after seeing the no-bangs picture. And I totally get the frustration of keeping up bangs; that's a big part of the reason I'm growing mine out.

Are you me??? I really really wish I could grow out my bangs, but I have a crazy hairline (and fivehead) so I NEED bangs, but ugh, I love the look of no bangs! I'm thinking about growing them out too...

RavenBaby
December 25th, 2012, 06:49 AM
You have a smooth perfect forehead it seems so don't hide your beauty! I on the other hand need bangs cause of my downward sloping un-smooth forehead (like a caveman) I have a fake clip on fringe I use a lot lol. The way I see it is that some people need to hide their foreheads. People should never have a fringe unless they have to or really want one. they're an extra burden. the side crease looks so nice on you :D

white.chocolate
December 25th, 2012, 06:54 AM
I guess I'm going to be the third person who votes for bangs...? You look so much prettier with bangs in my opinion, and they make your face look softer. Have you tried shorter bangs, just below or on your eyebrows? I, too, have bangs, and I have to trim them every 3 weeks or so.

A. Correira
December 25th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I am experimenting today. After I washed my hair this morning, I swept my bangs back so it looks like I don't have any. I want to see if I like it! So far, its nice not having bangs poking my eyes all day! The weird thing is that with blunt bangs, I really like having longer bangs... maybe I am just scared of the commitment that shorter bangs require. Haha

Atira
December 25th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I think your face is gorgeous! Both are fine but your face is so pretty you don't need to hide it!

HumanBean
December 25th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I love bangs in general, have them myself, but on you I think you look better without. I agree with another poster that seeing more of your forehead balances out your chin. Sideswept was nice also, so if you do want to keep them I say grow them longer and do the sideswept thing (or clip ins as someone lose suggested).

panffle
December 25th, 2012, 12:17 PM
You look beautiful with bangs, and even more without them. I think whichever you choose will suit you nicely. I have bangs myself and have been considering growing them out too. Kinda hard to give them up, had bangs for years now... :)

SleepyTangles
December 25th, 2012, 12:29 PM
I'm for bangs, normally, but your face is really lovely and I think it's a bit of a shame to cover it. Sideswept bangs aren't bad, too, but "without" would be my choice.
Personally, if it were me, I would like to try wich hairstyle I feel more confident without make-up, because it sometimes change much our features/proportions...

AnnaB
December 25th, 2012, 12:45 PM
you look gorgeous with and without the fringe. I really like with and without picture. If you considering growing them out, then do it, you can always cut them again in the future!

jojo
December 26th, 2012, 07:20 AM
I guess I'm going to be the third person who votes for bangs...? You look so much prettier with bangs in my opinion, and they make your face look softer. Have you tried shorter bangs, just below or on your eyebrows? I, too, have bangs, and I have to trim them every 3 weeks or so.
And me, i love the blunt bangs on you, your eyes look so lovely with the blunt fringe bringing attention to them, you also look nice without too but my vote is blunt fringe.

YumiYume
December 26th, 2012, 11:13 AM
No bangs at al, because your face looks the best when it is al visible and showing your eyebrows make you look even more beautiful is my opinion :)!

good Idea to put it up, then you see what you enjoy the most and can decide after that, It would be fun if you update with your decision to :)

A. Correira
December 26th, 2012, 11:17 AM
No bangs at al, because your face looks the best when it is al visible and showing your eyebrows make you look even more beautiful is my opinion :)!

good Idea to put it up, then you see what you enjoy the most and can decide after that, It would be fun if you update with your decision to :)

I love this! My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I love making my eyebrows look pretty.... and with blunt bangs, it makes fixing them pointless...

A. Correira
December 26th, 2012, 11:35 AM
So I figured that I should put more pictures up, instead of just the flattering ones I really like. Haha

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/Ariel_Correira/578373_3611108357687_1333770093_n_zps056f4349.jpg
This is right after I got the bangs. Sorry the picture is a little dark and blurry

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/Ariel_Correira/75095_1452417471764_4088831_n_zpsc722136f.jpg
So, Ignore my husband, he doesn't like serious photos. This is an older pic but when I have side swept bangs, this is more of my preference.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/Ariel_Correira/574804_597926029660_78485769_n_zpsdfa07b98.jpg
And one more without bangs and hair pulled up.

Mischamiu
December 26th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I think I like you much better without them :blossom:

longNred
December 26th, 2012, 01:34 PM
definitely WITHOUT.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 26th, 2012, 01:54 PM
I think you look lovely with and without, but since you are asking, I like the look without better.

MissAlida
December 26th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I think you look best without them. I like the other looks as well tough. You could grow them out, and then cut them again. It's just hair after all. All the styles you posted are nice, so it won't be a very difficult transition for you I think. :)

missketi
December 26th, 2012, 02:33 PM
I also think you look much better without them.

biogirl87
December 26th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I think you look cute with the side-swept bangs (blunt bangs do make you look a lot younger than your age, but no bangs will allow you to do more updos and balance out your face more. So if I were in your shoes, I'd let the bangs grow out.

DMARTINEZ
December 26th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Much better without!! :)

lapushka
December 26th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I like the side-swept look and the look without the bangs. Suits you more, I think.

Maverick494
December 26th, 2012, 05:57 PM
God girl, I've never seen a more clear case for "NO BANGS" than with you. You have the facial shape to pull off keeping all of your hair out of your face and let me tell you what a blessing that is. I've always been secretly jealous of girls who could, because I have never really been able to get away with that. A nasty cowlick at the centre of my hairline keeps bangs from looking good, so I've decided to choose the 'lesser evil'. Plus bangs are a hassle: they need to be maintained, they get in your eyes and they're the first thing to 'misbehave' when your hair gets wet. So I vote wholeheartedly for "NO BANGS". You look smashing without them. With them, you're still pretty, but it makes your face longer and that's not an improvement. If you want to know what I mean, google Jessica Alba with and without bangs and see what bangs do on oval faces.

Plus they kinda hide your pretty eyes, IMHO.

A. Correira
December 26th, 2012, 06:11 PM
God girl, I've never seen a more clear case for "NO BANGS" than with you. You have the facial shape to pull off keeping all of your hair out of your face and let me tell you what a blessing that is. I've always been secretly jealous of girls who could, because I have never really been able to get away with that. A nasty cowlick at the centre of my hairline keeps bangs from looking good, so I've decided to choose the 'lesser evil'. Plus bangs are a hassle: they need to be maintained, they get in your eyes and they're the first thing to 'misbehave' when your hair gets wet. So I vote wholeheartedly for "NO BANGS". You look smashing without them. With them, you're still pretty, but it makes your face longer and that's not an improvement. If you want to know what I mean, google Jessica Alba with and without bangs and see what bangs do on oval faces.

Plus they kinda hide your pretty eyes, IMHO.

So I totally just googled her and I never thought that I was similar to her but I guess our face shapes are generally the same! I understand what you are saying. She looks so beautiful without bangs. Bangs make her look so much younger. But not really in a good way. It kinda clouds her face.

spidermom
December 26th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Of course there's nothing wrong with giving your significant other a very large percentage for his vote; he's the one you most want to be attractive to, I assume.

Or not. DH recently told me that he thinks I could cut another 6 inches off my length (went from classic to hip last weekend), and I'm just horrified. I'd hate my hair 6 inches shorter. Hip length is too short. I can barely stand to look at it, so it's put it up and forget it for me. One of these days I hope to discover that it's been growing while I havent' been looking. (the odds are in my favor, right?)

A. Correira
December 26th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Of course there's nothing wrong with giving your significant other a very large percentage for his vote; he's the one you most want to be attractive to, I assume.

Or not. DH recently told me that he thinks I could cut another 6 inches off my length (went from classic to hip last weekend), and I'm just horrified. I'd hate my hair 6 inches shorter. Hip length is too short. I can barely stand to look at it, so it's put it up and forget it for me. One of these days I hope to discover that it's been growing while I havent' been looking. (the odds are in my favor, right?)

I definitely care what he thinks but if I don't like it then no matter how much he likes it, I can't do it. I wanted bangs to begin with and he likes them, but I don't exactly think they suit me. But he also never knows what he really likes anyways. I have to show him examples and see if he likes it or not. And he is soooooo picky!

MiaBeth
December 26th, 2012, 08:09 PM
You look great both ways, but your hair really *sparkles* in the no-bangs pic -- it just looks cleaner to me (I grew mine out too for the same reason). Plus, no fussing around with them is nice!

YumiYume
January 1st, 2013, 12:11 PM
I love this! My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I love making my eyebrows look pretty.... and with blunt bangs, it makes fixing them pointless...

aaww sweet :D! yes you do have a point there ^^

dollyfish
January 1st, 2013, 12:24 PM
Wow, I just posted a thread exactly like this one :lol:

Personally I think you look best with side-swept bangs. They round out your face while showing off your beautiful forehead. But you look great with bangs, and without them entirely. My choice is really based on *my* personal aesthetic preferences.

A. Correira
January 1st, 2013, 12:57 PM
Wow, I just posted a thread exactly like this one :lol:

Personally I think you look best with side-swept bangs. They round out your face while showing off your beautiful forehead. But you look great with bangs, and without them entirely. My choice is really based on *my* personal aesthetic preferences.

Haha. Thank you! I am looking for people's opinions to see what the majority thinks. I am more toward growing them out or at least longer bangs.

dmarie16
January 1st, 2013, 01:25 PM
I have to vote no bangs! The bangs are cute, but you look so beautiful without them.