PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP! ASAP! Last minute christmas gift info needed (for my mother)

JCM
December 22nd, 2012, 08:35 PM
I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question.
If necessary please feel free to move this to the correct forum.

My mother works in child care. Several years ago an angry toddler throwing a tantrum kicked her several times on her leg (right below the knee) leaving a terrible scar/bruise that never fully healed. I want to purchase some sort of makeup/coverup/concealer for her as a Christmas present but there are so many products on the market (all which guarantee results) and unfortunately I do not know where to begin and I am running out of time.

Does anyone on here have any knowledge of these products?

Are there specific products which deliver better results than others?

AnqeIicDemise
December 22nd, 2012, 09:08 PM
Hmm.. a corrector pallet? Like, the concealer sets that come with multiple colors would be the ticket?

Kaelee
December 22nd, 2012, 09:16 PM
I've heard great things about Dermablend, but I don't know. Especially on a leg where it's really likely to be rubbed off easily.

OrchidRain
December 22nd, 2012, 09:32 PM
I use this airbrush tan spray from Sally Beauty supply on my legs in the early days of summer before my legs have a chance to get some color. It needs to be applied evenly on exfoliated skin, but when it's done it stays put, looks natural and doesn't budge unless you use soap and water. I love the stuff & it comes in different skin tones. It's called Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Leg Makeup. People wear it to cover spider veins, keratosis pilaris (protein plugged pores), or just to look great by the pool. Not sure if the link will show, but here is the product on Amazon just so you know what to look for: http://www.amazon.com/Sally-Hansen-Airbrush-Leg-Glow/dp/B000GG85DM/ref=sr_1_36?ie=UTF8&qid=1356236752&sr=8-36&keywords=airbrush+tan+spray

Micayla47
December 22nd, 2012, 09:51 PM
i bought dermablend to cover tattoos, which it didn't, but later i tried using it to cover scars and i had good results. i got it at a large beauty supply store and i think it might also be available at sephora, if you are near one.

JCM
December 23rd, 2012, 06:52 AM
Thank you so much for all of your replies.
I will take all of the info provided here with me to the stores this weekend.
Only 2 shopping days left. WOW.
Thanks again.

jacqueline101
December 23rd, 2012, 07:42 AM
Get family dollar brand scar gel spelling not to sure of but it works. I had stretch marks and it faded them in no time. Gift I'd say a perfume she can wear on her day off or after work.

door72067
December 23rd, 2012, 11:26 AM
I've heard great things about Dermablend, but I don't know. Especially on a leg where it's really likely to be rubbed off easily.

many years ago I worked a cosmetics counter at a dept store and Dermablend was an amazing product then, I can only imagine they've improved it over the last nearly 3 decades since I worked with it

there were formulations specifically for using on arms, legs, etc that had a sealant of sorts to keep it from rubbing off

if I recall, there was a special cleanser needed to remove it

but as I mentioned, this was back in the late 80's...I cannot speak of the current formulations

JCM
December 29th, 2012, 10:12 AM
I just wanted to give everyone an update. I have not ruled out any of the other products mentioned on here but since I was running short on time I went ahead and placed an online order for Dermablend. It has not arrived yet but hopefully it will by this coming Monday.

Thanks again to everyone for your help.