PDA

View Full Version : I had no idea

AutumnLocks
December 21st, 2012, 04:58 PM
When I first came to this forum I was just looking for inspiration on letting my hair grow. I have learned a few things that have helped me to do better with my hair. What I had no idea about was just how obsessed some women are about their hair. It is simply amazing to me what some of you go through with hair care. Seriously? There is more to life than your hair. I've seen people actually count the number of hairs they loose when they brush their hair or shampoo it. Use a boar bristle brush, don't use a brush with little plastic nubs on the bristles, don't use shampoo, use conditioner only, use water only, sebum only (that one really creeps me out). I intend to continue to grow my hair but I won't be back to the LHC. It's even gone so far as finding a member doing a turorial on YouTube and she states that this particular hairstyle is "LHC approved" :rolleyes:. Again I say...Seriously? I don't want someone to look at me and be able to say..She's a member of LHC because she looks just like everyone else on there.
So I bid you all goodbye. I wish you all well. I hope each one of you can find something else to do with your time rather than be so concerned with your hair. There are other things in life and other conversations to be had. Other topics to be discussed.

Ta-Ta!

Sillage
December 21st, 2012, 05:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RwtKR.gif

Lauram
December 21st, 2012, 05:09 PM
I feel like the people on here are fortunate tonhave found a hobby that has helped them to feel better about themselves. We all have hair unique to us, and accessory only we can grow. I think it's wonderful to take care of yourself and I don't judge how much or little people care about their hair. :)

I hope you can find something you enjoy as much as we have :)

Vrindi
December 21st, 2012, 05:16 PM

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better.

jillosity
December 21st, 2012, 05:17 PM
I feel your pain, how insane is it that people at a HAIR FORUM are talking mostly about their HAIR.

Dorothy
December 21st, 2012, 05:25 PM
Troll, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Annibelle
December 21st, 2012, 05:25 PM
I feel your pain, how insane is it that people at a HAIR FORUM are talking mostly about their HAIR.

:rollin: Seriously! I mean, most of the things people do here are more than I would do, but I'm certainly not going to look down on them for that-- I have no reason to. :shrug: We all focus our energy on different things, and as long as we're not harming anyone, it shouldn't matter-- it's our energy to use.

And, BTW, there is nothing "creepy" about sebum-only. There are some really gorgeous heads of hair around here that are sebum-only. :)

battles
December 21st, 2012, 05:41 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/aaf8823a2e0b41673c9192440cc76579/tumblr_inline_mfd3xb8uv41rqzeo8.gif

rock007junkie
December 21st, 2012, 06:16 PM

Girl, this GIF has me rolling. But you are on point with it!

Kiwiwi
December 21st, 2012, 06:16 PM

HIGH FIVE!
My thoughts exactly.

1. Let's not judge other people.
2. Do you honestly believe that we have no life besides dealing with our hair?
3. And even if we did, why do you seem to care so bloody much that you feel the need to make a post about it?
4. Let's not judge other people.

Am I really feeding the troll?
Why are you feeding the troll, Kiwiwi?
SMDH, lol!

MissEarlGrey
December 21st, 2012, 06:17 PM
I guess this means all video game forums are full of basement dwellers who never go outside.
And all weight loss forums are full of people who live on their scale.
Or people who frequent Harry Potter forums must have no life.
Or all people on band forums must only listen to that band.

Need I go on?

I have a life, my hair just happens to be a part of it. Sounds like you don't have the patience to grow nice hair, are upset with your failure, and are ready to blame the doctor when the patient won't take their medicine.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. (It might damage your hair)

Cania
December 21st, 2012, 06:55 PM
I'm so sorry you've grown in an environment where a rudeness, judgement and a lack of tolerance are rife, I really am.
It must be difficult for you to live and be judged every day as you judge others.

I truly hope you can find peace with who you are and the world you live in one day. Best of luck in the future.

neko_kawaii
December 21st, 2012, 07:21 PM
Tempted to go sebum only just to be contrary.

jeanniet
December 21st, 2012, 07:21 PM
Hahaha, if you think this is bad, you should go on a tortoise forum and see how obsessed they are with poop!

There's nothing wrong with having an interest, whether it's hair, tortoises, device physics, or anything else. Keeps you engaged and involved in life. Many of the LHC members have very demanding careers or educational paths, so having lighter interests is probably very important to them in terms of relaxing and relieving stress. It's really very unfortunate that you didn't bother to see what an amazing variety of people we have here, but I don't think it's any loss for us. I do think it's pretty sad that a woman of your age felt it necessary to act like a 13 year old while flouncing out the door.

lilliemer
December 21st, 2012, 07:38 PM
Also kind of funny that the thread has the kind of vague and innocuous title that will attract many clicks. Hungry troll is hungry...too bad I am also feeding it.

IndigoOptimist
December 21st, 2012, 07:53 PM
People have hobbies. Some people draw, some play computer games, others like fashion and take pride in dressing themselves. I personally love photography and spend hours drooling over editing techniques and cameras I will never own.. The people here like their hair. What is wrong with that? If it not your cup of tea then it doesn't have to be. I (like many others on here) do not count the number of hairs I loose when I brush my hair (I never could, they are almost impossible to see on their own), but if some do want to do that then why not... as long as they are happy I see no problem.
What is the difference between working towards having longer, healthier hair then most other people and getting every achievement on COD? There is none, both are ultimately pointless in the grand scheme of things, but someone has got some enjoyment out of it.
Do not judge people just because you don't feel the same way, this is the sign of an obnoxiousness and unintelligent person.

NB
COD = Call of Duty, very popular computer game for those who didn't know:)

jacqueline101
December 21st, 2012, 08:03 PM
I agree we have lives other then our hair and we shouldn't judge others. What works for person as far as hair care goes doesn't always work for another. I'm glad you are using a bbb.

Sillage
December 21st, 2012, 09:56 PM
Exactly. I couldn't have said it better.

Girl, this GIF has me rolling. But you are on point with it!

HIGH FIVE!
My thoughts exactly.

http://i.imgur.com/X2Tie.gif

Thank you my friends, I'm glad you enjoy the gifs :laugh:

sparrowswing
December 21st, 2012, 10:16 PM
...Does anyone else think this is weird considering how long the OP has been a member, how many posts she has, and what some of those posts contain? I'm pretty sure I've seen her post about how stretching washes a week or more is perfectly normal, so this seems oddly out-of-character. Either someone wasted a heck of a lot of time and effort just to effectively troll for absolutely no gain, or there's something fishy going on. *shrugs* If it really is a troll, no love lost. But I'm not going to waste my time judging the OP either way.

betsb
December 21st, 2012, 10:20 PM
I feel the opposite, and thank LHC for its support. LHC has encouraged me to keep my hair long (it's almost waist length), when other people suggested it should be cut; to leave in some conditioner after washing my hair (best advice ever!), and showed me how to lighten my hair after a bad hair dye job (went too dark). I'm really glad LHC is here.