PDA

View Full Version : Awesome new product!!

GoldberryHair
December 20th, 2012, 08:33 PM
So I was at Walmart the other day and I saw these new L'oreal Paris Total Repair 5 Shampoo and Conditioner set.

They were only $5 for a big bottle so I said what the heck.

They are AMAZING. I didn't use any leave-in when I got out to see what it really did to my hair, and it felt SO soft and SO smooth and AHHH!

ALSO, after a gentle comb thru with the conditioner in it in the shower, I didn't even have to use my wide-tooth comb when I got out...this stuff is amazing. I def recommend it.

http://pics1.ds-static.com/prodimg/461488/300.JPG

starlamelissa
December 20th, 2012, 08:53 PM
how is the smell? fruity/ocean/salon....?

gibsongirl71
December 20th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Yes, is the smell really strong? That is what put me off their last new shampoo etc.. Too much fragrance.

Sillage
December 20th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I'm with StarlaMelissa, what's it smell like????? (This is a question of central importance when choosing a conditioner, LOL)

We have a thread about this line in Conventional Products & Hair Accessories: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=109036 so I'm really glad someone took the plunge and tried it out. So happy to hear that it works for you because this line sounds really really good and I'm excited to try it (once I work my way thru my stash of course, LOL). BTW, did you see the matching oil spray?

starlamelissa
December 20th, 2012, 09:21 PM
lol, Sillage, I have a stash to work on too before I go try another thing. Not to mention I am getting a hair product in my stocking this year!

Sillage
December 20th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Glad I'm not the only one in this position Starlamelissa :laugh: . It's tough to hear about great new products when you've got a million bottles of stuff under the sink!

GoldberryHair
December 22nd, 2012, 07:09 AM
It doesn't smell over-powering...for the smell...I'd almost say like a mens cologne...but not too strong.

Lilli
December 22nd, 2012, 07:21 AM
L'Oreal always has terrible smells. Terrible. Since you said "men's cologne," I am already envisioning the smell and hating it. For example, all their Ever... products work great, but their smells make me sick, and I had to give them away or return them. It's like they spend all their time making endless awful variations of civet.

akilina
December 22nd, 2012, 05:39 PM
I am taking a leap of faith and am going to buy this tonight if I can find it, and if it smells alright. I have been wanting something new.
Its true...I am a junkie :o

GoldberryHair
December 22nd, 2012, 07:41 PM
I am taking a leap of faith and am going to buy this tonight if I can find it, and if it smells alright. I have been wanting something new.

Ooh! Let me know how you like it :)

Sillage
December 22nd, 2012, 08:03 PM
It doesn't smell over-powering...for the smell...I'd almost say like a mens cologne...but not too strong.

Thanks! I'm glad it's not too strong. Men's cologne is not my favorite smell (unless it's Caron's Pour Une Homme, lol) but I'm interested in trying this since you had such great results. BTW, did you see the matching dry oil spray? Really interested in that too.

Can I join GoldberryHair in requesting a report back? :D

GoldberryHair
December 24th, 2012, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=Sillage;2353935]Thanks! I'm glad it's not too strong. Men's cologne is not my favorite smell (unless it's Caron's Pour Une Homme, lol) but I'm interested in trying this since you had such great results. BTW, did you see the matching dry oil spray? Really interested in that too.

No, I have SO many serums/leave-ins I made a promise to myself to use them all up, and I only have a few bottles left, so once I'm low enough I'll "let myself" try it, I bet it'll do wonders for my extra dry days in the Winter :)

vanillabones
December 24th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Mmm I am a product junkie too. I have a huge stash I'm still using up but this caught my interest :( I seriously have enough product to probably last me until waist length... but I wanna try this once I run out of my cones!

akilina
December 24th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Darn..I never went to the store that day and completely forgot to look at walgreens today..darnit!

I'm going to walmart the day after christmas though to buy myself a robe so maybe I will find it there.

GoldberryHair
December 25th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Darn..I never went to the store that day and completely forgot to look at walgreens today..darnit!

I'm going to walmart the day after christmas though to buy myself a robe so maybe I will find it there.

Ooh that's where I got them!

jojo
December 26th, 2012, 03:31 AM
This is an excellent product, i recently used these when I was in Thailand and got great results. It hasnt reachedthe UK as far as ive seen just yet but i will be stocking up when it does!