PDA

View Full Version : Blonde To Brown: Help? Advice For Cancelling out Bleach Blonde Highlights

RavenBaby
December 20th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Basically I Have a full head of VERY light blonde highlights (been blonde for a year) and I'm wanting to have 100% virgin hair (eventually..asap) but I don't want to have a HUGE line between my natural mousy medium brown hair and my super light bleach blonde non-chunky highlights. Instead of getting a brown all over colour and precolour for 80 euro I was wondering if getting a FULL head of Lowlights (for 50 euro) over the blonde highlights ONLY was a good idea? this way my virgin hair will be 100% untouched however my blonde will be all less blonde and more brown causing less of a difference between my natural hair. what do you guys think? will the lowlights fade to light too quick? should I just pay the 80 euro for the double dye process? which is the least damaging route to go from bleach blonde to mousy brown? please help i'm so confused ): THANKS!

MiaBeth
December 20th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Hey Raven Baby -- I had a similar issue. I've been growing out blond highlights since the spring. At first I wanted to just color the whole thing brown, but then I figured, eh, why not wait and at least enjoy the highlights I paid for until I can't stand the roots anymore. But, now it's December, and they've grown a good 5 inches and don't really bother me. The only time I notice a horrible line is if my hair stick straight, but most days I wear it wavy from air-drying or up, so you can't really tell. Maybe just wait for awhile before spending any money -- you may decide you don't have to color it, and you'll save your hair and some $$ in the process!

RavenBaby
December 20th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Hey Raven Baby -- I had a similar issue. I've been growing out blond highlights since the spring. At first I wanted to just color the whole thing brown, but then I figured, eh, why not wait and at least enjoy the highlights I paid for until I can't stand the roots anymore. But, now it's December, and they've grown a good 5 inches and don't really bother me. The only time I notice a horrible line is if my hair stick straight, but most days I wear it wavy from air-drying or up, so you can't really tell. Maybe just wait for awhile before spending any money -- you may decide you don't have to color it, and you'll save your hair and some $$ in the process!

Thanks for the advice :] my natural hair is naturally wavy at the below ear length but dead straight before the ear. I was considering growing it out but if I do that i'd love to find some kind of gradually darkening conditioner or something to get the bleached part that little bit darker colour (is there such thing?) . I have only about over 1 inch of medium brown root at the moment, maybe the contrast will look less striking if i get to 3 inches of root? (does it work like that?) >.< then again is your contrast as striking as mine? my natural regrowth is about a level 4 and my blonde is like a level 8 i'd say. basically a slightly light medium brown to a medium-ly pale yellow. hope i'm making sense O_O

Iolanthe13
December 20th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I think a dark blonde deposit-only dye might help you. Just getting the bleached part down to a level 6 or so will soften the look a lot, and as it grows out you'll have a sort of ombre.