PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget to catch the rainwater from Fay!!

fxdwgchick
August 24th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Okay, I know this is a little late, but I'm a little slow. I finally remembered to put out a rainbarrel to catch the rain from TS Fay. It's raining now, and I've got a few gallons (of course, we got over 20" last week and I'm just thinking of this...

Anyway...this much rain can't all be wasted on the landscaping!

DaveDecker
August 24th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Did you have flooding? We in the Tampa Bay area were completely spared from Fay; getting very little rain. My locale had a storm & downpour today, and I was thinking similar thoughts watching the water gush out of the gutters...

fxdwgchick
August 24th, 2008, 05:48 PM
No, the town I live in got badly flooded, but I'm in scrub land, so it's higher. My pool is right at the top though! Today was the first real break in the rain, so we were able to actually ride after church and then get the grass mowed (priorities...should I ride my bike, or mow the 12" high grass...that incidently I cut the day before the storm hit.)

Super sexy hair (I'm not the type to say super sexy, but this photo really is, lol!)

emeraldfaery
August 24th, 2008, 05:56 PM
I was thinking of starting a Fay thread. Guess you beat me to it. I live about 50 miles north of Tampa and we didn't get much of anything until a few days ago. We got 3 inches in about 2 hours or less! I have a pond in my back yard and it ususally flows over, but since it hasn't flooded here since the 4 storms in 2004 it's taking awhile to get filled up again. Much needed rain!! I didn't collect any for my hair (should have) but I did walk around in it quite a lot. :D

wolf girl
August 24th, 2008, 06:32 PM
My front yard is completely underwater

AmandaPanda
August 24th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Someone send some rain my way! We're having a drought here and the rivers are so dry :( My local dam hasn't had any water going over it for a couple of weeks now

EmmaRose
August 24th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I live in Fort Walton Beach, and we hardly got anything. Saturday it misted/drizzled most of the day, but today it was sunny and warm. We're supposed to get rain this week though it's not from Fay.

fxdwgchick
August 24th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Oh, I'm sorry...although the storm did drag on a bit, I love a storm...it's thundering off in the distance now. I really could kick myself for not catching rain for my hair! We have well water and it's sort of unforgiving.

Oh well, there are 5 more tropical waves in the Atlantic and Caribbean. We're bound to get more rain. This is the beginning of the most active part of hurricane season.

wolf girl
August 24th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Oh well, there are 5 more tropical waves in the Atlantic and Caribbean.

Grrrr :evil: I think I've had my fill for this year. Fay sat on top of us for 3 days. I was going absolutely BONKERS :crazyq: from being stuck inside. It's so funny. I forget what a pain in the xxx storms are until we have one. When they started taking about Fay moving in I was excited to get a day or two off work. That will teach me to open my mouth again. :lipssealed: (I always say that but yet mouth will never stay closed :p )

Be carfeful what you wish for. You just might get it.....

fxdwgchick
August 24th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Grrrr :evil: I think I've had my fill for this year. Fay sat on top of us for 3 days. I was going absolutely BONKERS :crazyq: from being stuck inside. It's so funny. I forget what a pain in the xxx storms are until we have one. When they started taking about Fay moving in I was excited to get a day or two off work. That will teach me to open my mouth again. :lipssealed: (I always say that but yet mouth will never stay closed :p )

Be carfeful what you wish for. You just might get it.....

Oh I know, I've lived in Fl my whole life. I moved up here in April of 93 from Homestead, where I was born. Andrew hit us on Aug 22, 1992...it was early in the morning too. The sun didn't come up that day...

Charlie (the cat 3 that came across 4 years ago) did a lot of damage. There was some tornadic activity that really did a number on our neighborhood, although it never actually touched down. My DH freaked!! (apparently they don't have weather in Nashville). I thought it quite amusing hearing him say that the loss of our fences and a few shingles, lots of tree damage, etc was "a total disaster". My neighbors, one from Hawaii, one from Trinidad, and I all laughed at him!

Andrew was the disaster!! You haven't lived until the tidal surge takes the carpet right out of your house! Doors, windows (the whole frames) sucked out of the concrete, roofs gone...it looked like a war zone. Marshal law was declared, and we lived in FEMA tents surrounded by chain link with the National Guard walking around armed...what a mess.

I still love a good storm. :eyebrows: