PDA

View Full Version : Washing hair while braided

CousinItt
December 20th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Somewhere in the big wide web I had read a tip about loosely braiding your hair so you can wash your scalp more easily, and also to reduce mechanical damage. I tried this with four loose braids and found it a convenient way to prevent too much tangling when I cowash, plus I can get rid of the greasies I get at my nape without having to wash the dry ends.

Does anyone else do this? What kind of washing tips do you have?

Bambi
December 20th, 2012, 02:21 AM
This sounds interesting, will definately follow this thread!

neko_kawaii
December 20th, 2012, 03:32 AM
I think there is an article like that in the LHC archives but they are currently in limbo. *sad* I don't do anything like but would love to hear descriptions.

Gabriel
December 20th, 2012, 05:15 AM
I scalp wash with the length braided. I'm running out the door but if you search under scalp washing I'm sure lots of other methods will show up.

Fairlight63
December 20th, 2012, 11:13 AM
I have been thinking of trying that way of washing my hair, but have not done it yet. Sounds like a good way to keep the tangles away. I will have to do the search of scalp washing.

kitekats
December 20th, 2012, 11:49 AM
For me it only gets more tangles:(, but maybe for someone with thicker and heavier hair it might work

jacqueline101
December 20th, 2012, 04:08 PM
I read this on line back in my pre lhc days I was afraid the soap wouldn't come out of my hair.

IndigoOptimist
December 20th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Sounds interesting. I'm dying my hair right now, so can't try it this time I wash, but I might next time as I want to keep the colour from fading quickly from my ends xD

Madora
December 20th, 2012, 09:36 PM
In a way it sounds promising..BUT I don't think this would be a good idea because the dirt would not be washed away from the strands because it might get embedded in the braid itself, which defeats the purpose of trying to cleanse your hair properly.

What you might want to consider trying is to thoroughly detangle your hair before shampooing, then parting it from forehead to nape, then loosely braiding one side while you wash the unbraided hair on the other side. When one side has been cleansed, then you can loosely braid it, then undo the braid and wash the hair on that side.

Of course you'd have to repead the braiding motions if you follow the shampoo with a conditioner...but at least you're cutting down on tangles by keeping one side of the hair braided while washing the other side.