PDA

View Full Version : Would it be Dangerous??

ReghanC
December 19th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I just experimented with a ACV today and I LOVED it!! My hair is very fine and the rinse actually made my hair thicker and more voluminous without drying it. Plus it's super shiny and soft and EXTREMELY manageable. I'm in love!!!

My question is this: I'm going to try experimenting with a little Olive Oil tomorrow. I'll probably apply it to my hair when it's damp, leave in it for about 30 mins to an hour, and then shampoo and condition like normal.

Has anyone had any bad results using olive oil in this way and then doing an ACV rinse after the shower? Or does anyone think anything bad might happen?

Kelikea
December 19th, 2012, 06:41 PM
No, it is not dangerous and nothing bad will happen. Are you going to oil all over, or just the ends? If your hair is very dry, you might not even need to wash out the oil right away. Some people oil and leave it in til their next wash day. I just wouldn't oil near the scalp unless washing after.

Annibelle
December 19th, 2012, 07:02 PM
I wish I had such great results from ACV-- it did nothing for me at all, and I did it for months. :( Maybe I should give it another try...

vanillabones
December 19th, 2012, 08:11 PM
I'm interested! Do you mind explaining your ACV rinse method with almost your hair twin? :whistle: I'm straight and F/i/ii as well.

sun-kissed
December 19th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I often use olive oil on my hair before washing, and I do a vinegar rinse as well. I can't imagine what could cause a problem, you should be fine.

Edit: isn't the shine great? :D

ReghanC
January 3rd, 2013, 03:43 PM
I'm interested! Do you mind explaining your ACV rinse method with almost your hair twin? :whistle: I'm straight and F/i/ii as well.
Sorry I'm so late getting back to you! I use 1 tbsp of Vinegar and two cups of cool/cold water. Then I soak the ends of my hair in it for about a min. Then I dump the remainder over the top of my head. I make sure to rinse it about about 30-60 seconds later. If I leave it in any longer than that my hair sometimes starts feeling greasy afterwards. Hope this helps!!