PDA

View Full Version : The aphogee 2 step treatment!

Chanie
December 19th, 2012, 04:47 PM
How many of you guys have ever tried this? I was told from another sweet LhC'er that this would be ideal for my very stretchy messed up hair, but it sounds a little risky - i mean the hardening stuff and all that? :agape:Any recommendations :) ?

NightOwl26
December 19th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I used it a few times a couple years ago when my hair was bleached and very badly damaged. The girls at Sally's said it would make my hair stop breaking. It made my hair stronger for a couple months. It smelled bad even after a few washes though.

The protein in it will strengthen your hair if you really need it. If you don't normally use recontructorizers (like Joiko K pak or Generic Sally's, or Ion's reconstr.) you can give it a try. If your hair isn't badly damaged maybe a less intense protein treament (reconstructors) like those mentioned will help.

A lot of LHCer's mention "protein overload" and don't like products with too much protein. Protein overload will cause brittleness and dryness. I think that's why the second step is the rich conditioner.
After reading up on this so many times in the past I've learned that super stretchy hair needs protein, less stretchy/brittle needs moisture. :p

Buddaphlyy
December 19th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I used it for the first time last month and it gets a major thumbs up from me. My main is advice is to follow the directions to a T. Yeah the hardening part sounds intimidating, but it's not as bad as one might think. And you absolutely have to rinse it all out and follow with a super moisturizing conditioner.

Sillage
December 19th, 2012, 06:43 PM
It smells bad and is a pain to apply but it really works. I never get to the truly hard stage (I don't think my current blow dryer is powerful enough, LOL) but even so it delivers. One thing I strongly recommend is soaking it out in the bath tub instead of trying to rinse it out under the shower. Much easier and way less fuss. I use it on my dyed hair and you can see a real difference in shine, and texture... way more glossy and smooth than before. I haven't had a problem with the smell lingering (thank goodness!) and I can honestly say it's worth the mess and time. Never had a treatment produce such dramatic results. Hope this works for you Chanie!

Agnieszka
December 20th, 2012, 07:49 AM
this product has some mixed reviews. I wouldn't use it Chanie, some people say it can break off your hair. I know you are very concerned about your hair but I would just stick to K-pack or some home made protein treatments if your hair is very stretchy.

rock007junkie
December 20th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I've tried it. If you need protein this is great. It'll leave your hair hard as hell so please make sure you use a really moisturizing deep conditioner afterwards.

Chanie
December 21st, 2012, 04:25 AM
Thank you so much every one! I dont think i dare this :D im so scared of my hair breaking of already, as it is the stretchiest it has ever been at the moment, i think im sticking to k-pak.

Chanie
December 21st, 2012, 04:27 AM
And then i might wanna follow up with a protein spray as well :)

WaitingSoLong
December 21st, 2012, 10:34 AM
Protein Spray?

I did a homemade protein treatment/mask and it did wonders for my hair. It was gross (mayo and eggs) but it really was great and it seemed to moisturize as well. It was cheap, too. I did follow with a good deep conditioning (I let it sit a couple hours then rinse out).

Sillage
December 21st, 2012, 12:12 PM
Protein Spray?

They're usually leave ins you put on after washing (Redken CAT is the only rinse out spray I can think of). I've been using ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer, which is nice. I've also used the Oscar Blandi jasmine protein mist but it really didn't do a thing for my hair. Smelled nice tho!

BTW, I'm doing the ApHogee 2 step and it's a drippy mess! And the longer my hair gets the harder it is to use. Starting to feel like it's not worth the trouble. Next time I'll just use Colorful Neutral Protein filler.