PDA

View Full Version : Do you think an SMT is effective on dry hair?

Indigostreams
December 18th, 2012, 09:38 PM
I'm asking because I would prefer to do SMTs on my hair while it's dry because it won't be as drippy and sloppy. But will it still moisturize properly?

NightOwl26
December 18th, 2012, 09:51 PM
I think it will. It may be harder to spread around on dry hair. Make sure not too much styling build-up is on your hair too. That reminds me...I haven't done a SMT in ages! Thanks! :)

MORE
December 19th, 2012, 12:34 AM
I do that and for me it works just fine :D

I usually use SMT's to get the oils out after a heavy oiling, when I do that my hair is dry but drenched in oil. It always works super good. :)

Carolyn
December 19th, 2012, 06:44 AM
I always do my SMTs on dry hair. It works very well for me. I tend to leave them on my hair for a couple hours so I don't want it to be too drippy. I usually end up with a towel folded around my neck to catch the drips. Give it a try on dry hair and see how you like it.

dollyfish
December 19th, 2012, 10:18 AM
I always do my SMTs on dry hair! Though I always leave them in for a really long time (usually while I clean my apartment or something). I tie a plastic bag around my head and top it with a shower cap, which seems to catch most of the drips. I did this just yesterday and my hair is ultra silk today, so it definitely still works!

Now I want to try it on wet hair...maybe it's even better?

EDIT: Also, I personally use a mix of 1 part conditioner to 1 part aloe to 1/4 part honey, so all the extra aloe helps to keep the mix viscous and non-drippy! Plus, my hair just loves aloe gel :)

Indigostreams
December 19th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks for all of your replies. Well I did a SMT on my hair last night while it was dry. It spread easily too. I left it on overnight covered with a plastic cap, as I usually do, and my hair is very soft today. So, guess it works!

anitacs9101
December 19th, 2012, 08:48 PM
That's how I do it so I hope so :p