PDA

View Full Version : Your Signature Hairstyle

Luminaria
December 18th, 2012, 05:43 PM
A signature hairstyle~ A style that defines you. Your go-to hairstyle. An all-time favorite. Your #1 hairstyle. A classic look. A signature hairstyle~ What is yours? What inspired your unique look?

MissEarlGrey
December 18th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Mine is a pencil bun. It's easy, looks nice, and holds up really well.

rtree721
December 18th, 2012, 06:15 PM
My go to hairstyle is a low bun held with claw clips or spins pins. I wear my hair like this to work a lot so I would say its my signature hairdo.

dulce
December 18th, 2012, 06:20 PM
A half up [and variations of that]with flexi 8 clips or an antler fork.

biogirl87
December 18th, 2012, 06:25 PM
So far mine has been wearing my hair down. In my teens I always kept my hair at or above APL and at the length all I could do with my hair was ponytails (didn't like how they looked in my hair). Now that my hair is a bit longer, I'm wanting to start wearing it up more and when I do wear it up it's either in cinnamon bun which I love or modified French twist with ends sticking out (easier to do than cinnamon bun). I haven't really found my signature hairstyle as I haven't really explored other buns and my hair toy collection kinda limits what I can do.

SerinaDaith
December 18th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I will probably go with stick buns as my standard as soon as I can get them to work at all. Right now I can do one damp modified twist but as soon as my hair dries it falls out. Right now I am doing headband braids of one type or another to keep everything out of my way. I can hardly wait till I can actually start keeping my hair back without elastics.

battles
December 18th, 2012, 06:30 PM
High bun held with spin pins, side swept bangs and face framing layers. It just looks right on me, I guess.

Natalia
December 18th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Mine isnt anything special just a nautilus with a colored acrylic stick or a cinnabun with a u-pin.

Sillage
December 18th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Gibson tuck accented with kanzashi or a small stick

Eryka
December 18th, 2012, 07:13 PM
English braided logroll held with claw grippies. Looks waaaay more complex than it is.

Xi
December 18th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Simple braided bun held with pins. Still the only bun I've received unsolicited compliments for (except from my nice former housemate, who complimented all my new buns because she's thoughtful like that).

Interesting thread!

lapushka
December 18th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Mine's a peacock twist. Been wearing it since I hit APL (or thereabouts). I'm between hip & TBL now and the peacock twist is doubly folded, but still worn!

jeanniet
December 18th, 2012, 07:46 PM
You mean my "I'm pretty inept, so this is what works consistently and looks decent" hairstyle? Pencil bun--quick, easy, looks nice, and doesn't frustrate the heck out of me.

WilfredAllen
December 18th, 2012, 08:01 PM
right now it's a high bun. Like the bun where you make a pony tail and then flip the end up into the elastic.

Hopefuly it'll be something cooler when it's longer :)

CousinItt
December 18th, 2012, 08:04 PM
As I move through different lengths, my signature style keeps changing. At first it was two Dutch braids, then a high messy bun, now it's a single braid.

jacqueline101
December 18th, 2012, 08:06 PM
French twist with claw clip.

faery_braids
December 18th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Braids. Anything braids. xD; I didn't realise I wore them that much until a classmate this term said "So you really like braids, don't you?" a few weeks in. Typically I'll wear one English braid or twin English braids pulled close behind my ear. Last spring I was known for having bows in my hair, which became flowers in the summer (sometimes all throughout my braids when I wore them, occasionally just a flower lei from a party that I doubled and wore like a crown--that one made my mum laugh, haha), which turned to whatever I could find in the time it took me to panic about leaving for class and actually getting out the door. My signature summer style was different, though: just the forelocks pulled back in a sort of vintage style (descriptive, I know) with one or more flowers above my left ear and my hair resting over my shoulders and chest, but I still wore braids when it was too hot and gross out or my hair didn't look that great down.

I think one of the reasons I like twin braids so much, especially French ones with ribbon bows at the ends, is I get so many compliments from little girls that I can't help but feel five again and full of bubbles and happiness. They're also really fast and easy and hide icky hair fairly well.

Blackfire
December 18th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Lazy wrap held with a ficarre or acrylic stick. :) simple and easy.

NightOwl26
December 18th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Hair up with a claw clip and sometimes with a braid in it.

rock007junkie
December 18th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I think by default mine has become the Dutch braid. I love buns as well but find myself more often than not wearing a Dutch braid.

cwarren
December 18th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Low bun.

It's quick, easy and works whether I'm going to the office or to the store :)

jlb
December 18th, 2012, 09:19 PM
dutch braid or more lately a french rope braid. For buns, definately the lazy wrap is the only one I can do whenever I need it & then only thanks to ketylo sticks.

MrsGuther
December 18th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Pompadour with a slicked back ponytail and some braid done (usually a hawser braid) with the ponytail.

Pierre
December 18th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Two braided buns, one on each side, held with Flexis. They stay put for days.

Remyy
December 18th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Mine is a bun, where I put it up without any clips, pins, or anything. I simply tie it up. It stays in extremely well and the method I use to tie it makes it look really presentable (though I don't know how to describe how I do it, it looks kinda distinctive.)

Iolanthe13
December 18th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Just a high bun held with a flexi-8 or just pins, most days. Sometimes it's braided, and other times it's a sort of french twist/bun hybrid, but if I'm in a hurry it's the standard "ballerina" style. I can run around all day and not worry about it. Then when I see my DBF in the evening I let it down and have lingerie model waves :pinktongue:

Lindseyh
December 18th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I like an English braid and then flip it up and make a small circle with it and secure it with a fork. On an excellent day a stick can hold it. I like that its pretty flat to my head and makes it seem like I have more hair than BSL. I don't think this has a name....

eyesofsummer
December 18th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Cinnabun with a single hair stick. Sometimes it's high, sometimes low. If it's low, I often wear my hair parted on the right. This is my usual go-to for everyday wear, especially because it keeps it all safely out of the way and because it doesn't matter if it's tangled/fuzzy; it will still look neat. Plus, it holds really well!

Hair down is probably more 'signature' for me, though, because it is more memorable. I actually prefer wearing my hair down, but I only do so maybe once a week, and only after letting my hair air dry. Sometimes I can get second day hair and I will wear it down two days in a row, but usually it starts to get unruly by the end of the day.

minxe
December 18th, 2012, 10:40 PM
"Retro" waves or a side fishtail braid.

Simone_Fatale
December 18th, 2012, 10:51 PM
No matter what the length or occasion - a perfectly straightened, glossy, assymetrical fringe inspired by Chris Dakota.

gracenotes
December 18th, 2012, 11:00 PM
A basic english braid, probably, though I've been wearing my hair loose a lot these days.

Audhumla
December 18th, 2012, 11:43 PM
I think mine would be a mid to low cinnabun held with a claw clip with my side fringe clipped to the side, behind my ear if it's grown out like it is now.
I need to have a more creative defining style !
But it's so practical for working in a lab. I think it suits me and it's easy to redo . . .
I can't quit you cinnabun ;_;

schweedie
December 19th, 2012, 12:07 AM
A vertical-ish (or diagonal) lazy wrap bun that doesn't always look like a typical lazy wrap, usually held with a stick. My side fringe keeps me from looking bald. Either that, or an English braid done with Dianyla's technique.

spirals
December 19th, 2012, 01:12 AM
For many years I had 2: a half-up pony or a high messy bun. But for the last 10 it has been APL or BSL with lots of layers that try to eat my face.

joflakes
December 19th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Hmm, I usually put it up into a simple mid-height bun for work...not sure what it is called. I pony it, then wrap the ends around it and secure with another hair tie.

When I'm not working I like to try out all sorts of other things...and if I have enough time in the morning as well, haha!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 19th, 2012, 01:22 AM
For me its either a pencil bun or a log roll.

Sylvestrix
December 19th, 2012, 01:56 AM
I'd have to say the rope braided vortex is my go to, absolute loved style. Whenever I have time, it's what I put in my hair, and to date it is the only style (aside from down) I've ever received compliments on!

piffyanne
December 19th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Up, in some kind of bun.

At reenactments you can usually spot me by the OvalBun. It really disguises my length, apparently LittleOrca and I met up once and we neither of us recognized the other (she was in a Rapunzel wig, I was in an OvalBun.) We stood together for about 20 minutes and never brought up the LHC. I'm kicking myself still.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/15913_10151140054677282_1394708079_n.jpg
You may not remember me, LittleOrca. This is me that day. We were standing in line for the convention, and you were the person DIRECTLY in front of me. :cheese:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/14562_10151140055317282_518580297_n.jpg
But yes, that's my signature bun. Sorry about the text on there, this photo may belong to someone else, I'm not sure whether I can share it or not, so I've rendered it pretty useless.

Rosetta
December 19th, 2012, 03:53 AM
A vertical-ish (or diagonal) lazy wrap bun that doesn't always look like a typical lazy wrap, usually held with a stick. My side fringe keeps me from looking bald. Either that, or an English braid done with Dianyla's technique.

Could you (or anyone) please give a link (if there is one) to this Dianyla's technique..?

piffyanne
December 19th, 2012, 04:22 AM

While we're on Dianyla's technique, the archive I found referencing it was so OLD that the photos don't show anymore.

Can you point me to how to do it?? I've been interested for weeks and have NO idea where to start. :(

redsiren
December 19th, 2012, 04:34 AM
My signature style is actually are:) the nautilus bun and lately the lazy infinity bun with hairpins or a hairfork.
Sometimes a Side braid.

Mayflower
December 19th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Loose, in a middle parting with my face framing layers either loose or pinned back, with lots of volume. And on bad hair days I wear it in a side (fishtail) braid, or I scoop up the highest section of my hair, put it in a high side ponytail and let it fall over the loose bottom section, which makes it look like I have a high ponytail going down to my waist (gotta love optical illusions).

vamq
December 19th, 2012, 05:39 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=987&d=1355920497

This style (don't mind that dirty mirror please).
I "discovered" this bun in 2009, wear it almost every day, and I still do not know what it is called.
I have read all tutorials that were previously on LHC, and it seems to be the closest to a celtic knot, but isn't one exactly.

Nique1202
December 19th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Lately it's been a ponytail or a ponytail "bun" (last pull through the elastic not fully pulled through), because my hair is only just past shoulder so I haven't had much versatility. On the plus side, I just found that a claw clip will hold enough of my hair that a bobby pin on either side for the short front strands and I'm good to go so that's pretty much my new signature, or will be when I stock up on claw clips again.

UpNorth
December 19th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Braids or the nautilus bun!

trolleypup
December 19th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Mine is a pencil bun. It's easy, looks nice, and holds up really well.
...the hairstyle you use because it is quick and easy...

That would be my lazy wrap bun...not special or elegant, but keeps my hair out of the way.

janeytilllie
December 19th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Mine is a nautilus bun held with my wooden hair fork and black gold scrunchie.

Masara
December 19th, 2012, 09:37 AM
It used to be a French braid but now it seems to have become any sort of Chinese bun (normal, braided, rope braided, vertical, horizontal....)

Ironically, the one style that is certainly not my signature style, is one in my signature (the Masara...)

CurlyCurves
December 19th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Curly and as big as I can get it.

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/r270/300919_10200198068774839_1328212733_n.jpg

mzBANGBANG
December 19th, 2012, 09:41 AM
I almost always wear a damp side braid or lazy wrap bun to work. It often comes down around lunch time to finish airdrying and either goes back up or stays down if it looks presentable.

sparrowbirdd
December 19th, 2012, 11:15 AM
CurlyCurves, your hair is gorgeous! What amazing curls!

As for me I keep mine half up at home, with a bit clipped back from my face. When I go out or I'm at work I put it up in a lazy wrap bun or a single french braid.

HadessThera
December 19th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Mine has always just been air-dried and loose, wearing it up tends to stress me out, but as it's growing out again I also wear it twisted up and away from my face and neck with two french combs when it's too hot to tolerate down

shutterpillar
December 19th, 2012, 12:11 PM
pencil or nautilus bun held with a stick. My friends and family associate me with hair sticks now... I guess they just aren't a common thing where I live.

shutterpillar
December 19th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I "discovered" this bun in 2009, wear it almost every day, and I still do not know what it is called.
I have read all tutorials that were previously on LHC, and it seems to be the closest to a celtic knot, but isn't one exactly.

You should do a tutorial! it's beautiful, whatever it is. :)

Hwyfar
December 19th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Now that I have learned to use hair sticks, I'm always wearing some sort of a stick-bun. I used to wear more braids, but I started to dislike the braid waves that started at neck.

torrilin
December 19th, 2012, 02:44 PM
While we're on Dianyla's technique, the archive I found referencing it was so OLD that the photos don't show anymore.

Can you point me to how to do it?? I've been interested for weeks and have NO idea where to start. :(

Torrin Page's faux French braid tutorial shows the trick if you need a visual. (probably other tutorials do it too, but this is the one I know for sure)

But this one actually works in just words... The usual way you learn to braid your hair is you just split the mass in three, with nothing organized done to part it. If you instead part your hair like you're making a half up, that gives you one braid section. Then part the bottom of your hair vertically, so the two part lines form a T or Y shape. Voila, when you braid your hair, the base of the braid will look neater and the braid will tend to stay put more.

If you part for twin braids this way, they'll just tidily hang down your back when worn loose. It also makes it easier to pin them up.

The really neat part comes when you start using those T shaped parts for French, Dutch, and lace braids. You can use the part to "steer" how the braid sits on your head. Once I got that, I was able to finangle things like crown braids much more easily.

And as you can probably guess from the part obsession, my signature style is... braids. If I want compliments, a single French braid is a good choice. But I wear lots of plainer braids too, both twin and single.

Dorothy
December 19th, 2012, 05:51 PM
It's interesting to me to hear all the different styles that I struggle with being someone's go to. My hair is now waist length, and I'm still struggling to make a single non french braid. My go to's are the gibraltar bun held with sticks and the lazy wrap held with combs. I can also do chinese buns, and use these when I want to wear Kanzashi.

dancingrain91
December 19th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Lately? A dutch braid in the style of Katniss Everdeen. I do it quickly and it holds my layers in well.

PixxieStix
December 19th, 2012, 08:57 PM
My hair is only a bit past APL right now, and fairly thick so I am limited in what I can do, so it is usually a high bun, cinnabun or baaaaarely lazy wrap secured with two hair sticks or a hair fork. :D Sometimes I do a french twist, twin braids or a low pony secured with a flexi-8, but those days are far and few between.

CaranDulin
December 19th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Any kind of simple bun with braids, with my rose hairstick, chopsticks, or wooden katanas. :o I guess that's not specific enough, though. Ah, well...

schweedie
December 20th, 2012, 01:18 AM
torrilin, thanks! Rosetta and piffyanne, sorry I missed you guys asking! But yeah, it's like torrilin said - you part your hair as if you're doing a half up, and that makes up the middle section. This way the braid starts higher up:

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k626/growingmyhair/SAM_7226.jpg

I think it hangs in a nicer way, and also it makes for less tangling at the neck!

Rhodugune
December 20th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Mine is a bun I have done since a was about 13, I have no idea if it has a name, but it stays up for a good while without anything holding it up.
I just put the last loop of hair under the second last one to secure it. :)
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f324/Rhodugune/Mayabilder/Myeverydaybun.jpg

Rosetta
December 20th, 2012, 03:49 AM
torrilin, thanks! Rosetta and piffyanne, sorry I missed you guys asking! But yeah, it's like torrilin said - you part your hair as if you're doing a half up, and that makes up the middle section. This way the braid starts higher up:

I think it hangs in a nicer way, and also it makes for less tangling at the neck!
Thanks so much, Schweedie (and Torrilin)! :) I need to try this asap; I tend to start my braid quite high up anyway, but haven't parted my hair that way to begin with, so interested to see how much of a difference that makes.

Lippytoes
December 20th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Hmmm. I'm not sure if I actually have a "signature" style, as in, one that people would associate with me. (One of my friends has waist-ish length hair and wears it in a braid about 90% of the time, so that is definitely her signature style.) But my go-to styles are 1) lazy wrap bun, held with a single stick, or 2) English braid.

I dunno - I try so many hairstyles that I don't really have a single style that people would think of as the "Lippytoes usual". Although I guess most buns (with stick) look the same to a lot of people, so maybe most people think my signature style is "bun"... :D I do wear my hair up in buns a lot.

afu
December 20th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Thanks for describing the method Torrilin, I hadn't heard of that technique before. I'm not sure I'm keen on doing it that way after trying it, but then I dutch braid my hair almost every night and like to start high up so I guess I'm just very used to the traditional way.

My signature style is basically any bun which is about mid height and held with a fork (sometimes a stick) and no elastics or pins. Although if it's a special occasion I will try to wear it loose. My buns are usually unbraided (although I LOVE the double braided bun), when I first joined LHC it was always a gibraltar with a single stick, but now I have more variation, I love the pha bun and LWB. I sleep in either in a dutch or rope braid or a high LWB held with a flexi-8 depending on whether I want to preserve curls or straighten out to waves.

I'd love to have something a bit more antique as my signature style, like a gibson tuck, but I can't get them to look right with my thin hair

OrchidRain
December 20th, 2012, 08:15 AM
I had wondered how to get my braid to look like that in the back! Thank you!
As far as a signature style, now that I'm thinking about it, I guess I have different ones depending on where I am or what I'm doing. If I'm dressed up it's a modified Gibson tuck with a flower. For casual I seem to always wear an over the shoulder English braid with sideswept bangs. I feel like I'm in a style rut & would love to try something easy but pretty that would last all day.

Rosetta
December 20th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Thanks so much, Schweedie (and Torrilin)! :) I need to try this asap; I tend to start my braid quite high up anyway, but haven't parted my hair that way to begin with, so interested to see how much of a difference that makes.
Hmm, I tried this, and tbh I think I'll stick to the ol' ordinary braiding ;) As no matter how I tried the top section was always thicker than the others, as thick as the two lower sections together in fact, so it lead to a quite disproportionate braid; and also made my braid look thinner than the usual technique, and being a fine-hair I really don't need that ;)

yoni
December 20th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Just a simple ponytail :P

torrilin
December 20th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Hmm, I tried this, and tbh I think I'll stick to the ol' ordinary braiding ;) As no matter how I tried the top section was always thicker than the others, as thick as the two lower sections together in fact, so it lead to a quite disproportionate braid; and also made my braid look thinner than the usual technique, and being a fine-hair I really don't need that ;)

Well, if you do a half up, does it normally have most of your hair in it? For me it's usually just the hair that would be bangs if I had bangs... really a pretty small chunk.

The trick shouldn't change the apparent thickness of your braid either, any more than a French or Dutch braid would. For a standard English braid look, you still want fairly equal sections. I didn't learn this trick til I was already able to do Dutch, French and lace braids, so I was pretty comfortable adjusting my sectioning. If you're not comfortable adjusting, it may take some getting used to.

mallorykay13
December 20th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Nautilus bun with a blue flake, 6" acrylic hair stick from outnumberednovelties on etsy. Every day. My peers at school are begging me to wear it down or do a different bun. Don't fix what isn't broke?

melusine963
December 20th, 2012, 11:47 AM
My signature hairstyle would probably be the cinnabun. It's the first style I learned when I started wearing my hair up regularly, and it was the only updo I knew how to make for a while - until I found the LHC. :)

TheHowlingWolf
December 20th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I usually just do a side english braid if i'm going out, but if I'm being lazy or just around the house I wear it in a simple organic bun or I put in a hair stick.

jlw9222
December 20th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I'm with you, Howling Wolf, I stick with an English braid rolled/bunned off to my right side and clipped with a little claw (or two). I like the ease and simplicity of this style...OR I just put it in a French braid and bun it off the the side. The braid is what I'm currently doing because it's easy AND I get fantastic curls when I take it out. :)

theemeraldskull
December 20th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Ponytail (bad me!), and also just hanging long down my back, which I looooove. :D

WaitingSoLong
December 20th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Probably my paranda braids. I always use the braiding method being discussed and here is me and my paranda with said technique, whatever you want to call it. I could never wear a braid until I found this method because I am 1. A terribly symmetrical person and 2. It always pulled on one side the "regular" way.
http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/Poetry4me75/DSC01323a.jpg
But most people would say my signature look is a stick bun. Pick one. They all look the same to other people and I do many different ones, whichever holds best at the time/length. These days it is a gibralter.
http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/Poetry4me75/DSC01108a-1.jpg
Only with a stick.

HintOfMint
December 20th, 2012, 06:24 PM
My most frequent hairstyle has been a high bun with a headband but that's because of finals, so I feel like my lazy default doesn't count as a "signature" style.

I would say deep side part, two french braids leading into a braided bun. It's the one hairstyle (besides loose) that would get me recognized from the back.

Seeshami
December 20th, 2012, 07:50 PM
My signature hair style is two lace rope braids down the side of my head framing my face, a cameo bun in the back and flowers on top of the bun. I will look for pictures.

Edit: no flowers, normally there's a few yellow flowers on top of the bun

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/BrokenCagedBird/IMAG01431_zpsf9e9e608-1_zpsfd309582.jpg

Stagecoach
December 20th, 2012, 08:41 PM
I have two that I wear with equal time. Braided cinna bun held with Amish hair pins, and a tucked log roll held with figure8.

Yozhik
December 20th, 2012, 10:19 PM
A cinnabun or any sort of braid (in an updo or not) for me. :)
For me, more than having a "signature updo," I have a "signature hairtoy" - my large ficcare, which I wear almost every day.

Bun15
October 4th, 2013, 05:29 PM
PONYTAIL
No fancy tricks. Just a nice low ponytail :o

0xalis
October 4th, 2013, 10:59 PM
It's changed a lot over the years but now it's a blunt fringe and a ponytail bun or some other super lazy random updo to keep my hair up and out of the way.
When I was young it was long, straight, no layers or fringe and always down. I had a vast number of hairstyles during my "scene" days [most of which were quite short]
Signature hair toy [if you can call it that?] satin scrunchies. Scrunchies in general. And a few clips ;)

Misschilly
October 5th, 2013, 05:48 AM
I don't think I have a signature yet (some years ago it was a ponytail) but I always were some kind of bun, I'm trying to learn different ones, the nautilus seems to hold well on me!

ositarosita
October 5th, 2013, 05:54 AM
High sock bun or a simple ponytail.. I just like the way I look with my hair pulled back in some way (to quote RuPaul "Girl.. look at you giving face)

Stray_mind
October 5th, 2013, 06:09 AM
I don't really have a "Signature hairstyle". Mostly these days i wrap my hair in a bun and fasten it with bobby pins. I sure wish i could do more, but my hair is too short yet.

Rio040113
October 5th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Long and 1a/1b straight is about as signature as I get, around the house it's always up in a bun. If I go out it depends, for errands it's usually up still but to see friends or go out properly it's down. Special occasions it gets heat styled (once a month max I'd say, usually straightened, sometimes curled). I change my fringe (bangs) a lot, side/duck wing/full fringe, so no real signature style there. The only constant is that I keep it long :)

ravenheather
October 5th, 2013, 07:15 PM
It's been a lazy wrap bun. But I just discovered I can do a pretzel bun held with a flexi8. It may be my new signature style.

Marbid
October 5th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Hmm. Chinese bun. It's the easiest for me to do. But that one is at home. When going out I will do a Jaime Leigh with a french braid under it. Hmmm. Going to try out a braided log roll see if I can pull that one off. A, a lazy wrap is nice, but my hair does not like to stay in place, just slips right off, perhaps I am doing it wrong. I still have to learn quite a few more up dos. But for now a Chinese bun is my go to bun. So easy and looks nice.

Magalo
October 5th, 2013, 09:24 PM
My bangs! I have a heavy bang since I'm 14 (20 now). It was thick, covering-the-whole-forehead side swept bangs from 14 to 18, at nineteen I turned it into blunt bangs a hair over my eyes, and since a week it's a bettie page bangs which look awesome and that I'm gonna keep FOREVER.

As for the rest of my hair, I often wear a single braid down my back (dianyla, french, dutch), a bandana, or a bun held with a stick or fork.

Seeshami
October 5th, 2013, 09:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/BrokenCagedBird/3d638f40-fa9c-4e30-8fd3-01ca951d445a_zps526f1ca5.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/BrokenCagedBird/media/3d638f40-fa9c-4e30-8fd3-01ca951d445a_zps526f1ca5.jpg.html)

Andeee
October 6th, 2013, 01:05 AM
I am boring. Everyday for work I pull it into a low ponytail (without a ponytail holder), fold it in half by bringing the end of the ponytail up, the lift the whole thing up and secure it with a big claw clip and then extra secure it with a fork-like comb above the claw clip.

For fancy occasions my signature style is a low side ponytail which shows of the length. I've been too lazy to do anything else, but keep telling myself I will eventually!

s-a-m-a-r-k-a-n
October 6th, 2013, 02:59 AM
A variety of hypno bun, I wear it every day as it's pretty, comfortable and holds really well.

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae358/samarkan13/hypnobun2_zps8ae2456f.jpg

CurlMonster
October 6th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Mine is a French Braid. I like how it keeps my hair all up and out of my face (with my layers, hair often escapes from other hairstyles and ends up annoying me), but still shows off my length. I probably should switch my styles up a bit more to avoid repetitive stress on my hair, but I just love my French braids too much. :o

butterfly_dream
October 6th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Paranda braided bun for me, like this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img4/5590/gsbn.jpg

bunzfan
October 6th, 2013, 07:54 AM
A variety of hypno bun, I wear it every day as it's pretty, comfortable and holds really well.

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae358/samarkan13/hypnobun2_zps8ae2456f.jpg

I've just rediscovered the hypno bun its a great one isn't it. Yours looks great ;)

Paranda braided bun for me, like this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img4/5590/gsbn.jpg

Oh my goodness how beautiful that's looks your hair is so a gorgeous colour :heartbeat

Mine are either a LWB or a nautilus or a folded braid..

s-a-m-a-r-k-a-n
October 6th, 2013, 08:18 AM
I've just rediscovered the hypno bun its a great one isn't it. Yours looks great ;)

Thank you :) I have a completely different technique and only recently discovered how people normally make this bun. I start with dividing hair into two sections, I cross the sections, make a kind of a bow, twist the remaining length around it and pin the stick :D Sounds complicated, but I had been doing it like this long before I saw the hypno bun elswhere so I just got used to it:)

butterfly_dream
October 6th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Thank you, Bunzfan! You are so sweet!
Unfortunately there are a very few updo those I'm able to do… But I'm learning. ;)