PDA

View Full Version : S Braid Waves!!

RecklessCharlie
December 18th, 2012, 04:31 PM
So some of you have probably already discovered this, but I was so thrilled by it I just had to share!
The other day my roommate wanted to try the 'S braid' that she had seen on Pinterest so she braided my hair while
it was still slightly damp from the shower. Here is a tutorial for the S braid on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkc4lEUtu0k

It is a great braid that looks fun for all day wear, so I wore it all day, pinning the length of the braid up into a bun.
I slept on it that night and when I took it out this morning I was greeted by the nicest all-over, full waves I've ever gotten from a braid!
I had my roomie snap a photo right after I'd taken it out, I did literally nothing to it and they have stayed all day!

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/doofuschucklesniffer/IMG_1805_zps40b5889_zpsd91a73cf.jpg

Because of the shape of the braid the waves aren't entirely uniform so it looks more natural and it gets the hair on the sides of your head
wavy as well unlike a regular french braid. Absurdly exciting for me hahaa!!
I encourage everyone to try it! :D

DakarNick
December 18th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Very pretty! What's your current length? Hard to tell by the pic and lengths dont show up in the stats by user's names.

xoxophelia
December 18th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Wow stunning hair and beautiful photography :)

RecklessCharlie
December 18th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks! My roomie does photography as a hobby. My hair is past BSL right now with a few layers, I'm so thrilled to have discovered this method of getting curls, and they last so well!

millyaulait
December 18th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Wow, gorgeous! :)

spidermom
December 18th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Love it! I did something similar a few days ago.

rock007junkie
December 18th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I might try that braid just to see if I get the same gorgeous waves you got! Looks beautiful!

jacqueline101
December 18th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Your hair is lovely looks nice.

Sharysa
December 18th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Fantastic!

I need to teach my sister how to do it so I can get those awesome braid-waves that STAY! Double French-braids give me awesome waves, but they only stay in for half a day, at most.

biogirl87
December 18th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Cute braid. It's always exciting when you find styling methods that last forever.

MORE
December 19th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Beautiful! The braid is lovely, and I love the photo of you. Stunning!

schweedie
December 19th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Those waves look so natural and fabulous! And what a lovely picture of you. :D

joflakes
December 19th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Whoah, that photo of you is stunning, and your hair looks awesome! I'm jealous, haha..

meishkamooshka
December 19th, 2012, 02:47 AM
You are absolutely stunning! And so is your hair. I will definitely have to give this a try! Thank you for sharing! :flower:

Hwyfar
December 19th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Wow, your waves are amazing! And the picture is so laid back, it makes it even more inspirational :) Even though I guess your hair is about the same length as mine! I wonder if my boyfriend would be as eager to do this to me as your roommate... :P Anyway, thanks for the post! :)

RecklessCharlie
December 19th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks all! It really is a fairly easy braid, I've mastered putting it in my own hair, did it this morning so I'll have those waves again tomorrow and the next day. I'm addicted! :D

MegaMystery
December 19th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Those curls are awesome! I might try this sometime :)
What do you do with the ends? Mine tend to be really strange and straight if I just put an elastic on and leave them sticking out but I'm not sure how to do it differently..

arelrios
December 19th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Beautiful hair, beautiful picture!

RecklessCharlie
December 19th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Those curls are awesome! I might try this sometime :)
What do you do with the ends? Mine tend to be really strange and straight if I just put an elastic on and leave them sticking out but I'm not sure how to do it differently..
Mine usually do that with braid waves also, so I just twisted the length into a tight bun last time and the ends came out nice. I am trying a long foam roller this time, starting at the ends and going up the while braid. We'll see how it works!

DakarNick
December 19th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Wasn't your hair longer? TBL or hip? Did you cut it?

melusine963
December 21st, 2012, 02:33 AM
What great waves!