PDA

View Full Version : Can I call this BSL? WEDDING PICS

Blackfire
December 17th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I got married October 30th to my high school sweetheart! So my hair has grown a few inches since then, but these are the most recent pics (also needed an excuse to post them! :p) They are big so I will just give links to the rest of the good hairshots!

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s41/dontfearthedarkness/58886_4179963572253_450355314_n_zpse2d763cc.jpg

More pics...
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s41/dontfearthedarkness/P1010531_zpsc5fd66c4.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s41/dontfearthedarkness/P1010509_zps9d917540.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s41/dontfearthedarkness/P1010477_zpsb9e42701.jpg

On another note, These pics were a very big scary wake up call for me. In my last post, which was FOREVER ago, I was mostly ranting about how I gained so much wieght after my mom passed away, and how I was depressed to a point where I knew I would keep gaining it because I would never get motivated.
This was me a few halloweens ago at my normal wieght, which isnt really skinny either but at least I could run and was healthy... (also check out the bleached hair :rolleyes:)

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s41/dontfearthedarkness/73871_471751459272_1586565_n_zps9bf2aa39.jpg

Well, apperently nothing motivates like some fat wedding pics! I have lost 10 pounds since getting these pics back. Only 70 more to go, so along with my length updates I will be shrinking! :o

don't get me wrong, I had the wedding I wanted! A nice, laid back, halloween wedding, I even got the dress I had been wanting since I first met my husband 7 years ago! The dress which I have made it my goal to drown in on our one year wedding anniversary!

EDT: Thought I might note that my hair was striaghened in the wedding pics, which I never do. It is at that length when it curls now. :P

SerinaDaith
December 17th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Congratulations on the wedding! I love your dress! Also on a side note, I was five months pregnant on our wedding day we had been planning the wedding for a few months and booked venues thankfully we had jot gotten the dress yet when we found out so my wedding dress is lovely but we did a lot to reduce the look of baby bump. I did not get the tight corset style dress I always wanted but I had a lovely wedding with good friends and almost four years later I am still married to my best friend. Fret less about your weight you look lovely.

As far as length goes my guestimation says yes you should be at BSL but it is kind of hard to tell with angles and whatnot. Your hair looks lovely! Again congratulations and I wish you many wonderful years!

spidermom
December 17th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Lovely dress.
Good luck meeting your goal!

Rosetta
December 17th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Congratulations! What a lovely dress! And I love laid-back weddings :)

Btw, you said your hair has grown a few inches since 30th October (i.e. one month and a half ago)? :eek: Now that is fast!

woolyleprechaun
December 17th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Beautiful pictures! I can't realy tell what length it is... Perhaps a traditional LHC back photo would do the trick? BSL is when you hair reaches at least the bottom, wide strap of your bra. Some people don't call BSL until it covers the bottom strap, but I'm liberal :)

Kaelee
December 17th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Congratulations!!!! Lovely pictures! :D

don't get me wrong, I had the wedding I wanted! A nice, laid back, halloween wedding, I even got the dress I had been wanting since I first met my husband 7 years ago! The dress which I have made it my goal to drown in on our one year wedding anniversary!

I really hope you meant this metaphorically (lose weight so "drown" in the dress)....but it really doesn't read that way! Yikes! :(

sakuraemily
December 17th, 2012, 09:12 AM
I think your hair is bsl...

pogo0685
December 17th, 2012, 09:46 AM
You look beautiful! I agree that a traditional back shot would be best but I would say if your hair touches your bra strap then you are at BSL length. Also on a side note like an above poster, I was 4 months pregnant when I got married. When I went to look at wedding dresses the lady that helps you try them on said "oh your pregnant!" and I was like "nope im just fat!" then a few days later I found out I *WAS* pregnant! I made my mom go pick up my dress because I did not want to see that lady again, and by the time the wedding came around I seriously just barely fit in my dress, we basically had to stuff me into it, luckily it was black so it hid the bump pretty well.

But really you look absolutely beautiful!!!!

dulce
December 17th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Beautiful gown and hair,it is difficult to see in pics as you are turning your head at an angle but to me it looks APL but your hair grows fast so if I'm sure you'll be at BSL very soon.Congrats on your wedding!

Blackfire
December 17th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Congratulations!!!! Lovely pictures! :D

I really hope you meant this metaphorically (lose weight so "drown" in the dress)....but it really doesn't read that way! Yikes! :(

LOL! of course, Im not going diving in the dress. Didnt think of it that way until you pointed it out actually.

Im definatly going to post a current back of the head shot on this thread as soon as my camera man gets home from work!

Blackfire
December 17th, 2012, 11:15 AM
You look beautiful! I agree that a traditional back shot would be best but I would say if your hair touches your bra strap then you are at BSL length. Also on a side note like an above poster, I was 4 months pregnant when I got married. When I went to look at wedding dresses the lady that helps you try them on said "oh your pregnant!" and I was like "nope im just fat!" then a few days later I found out I *WAS* pregnant! I made my mom go pick up my dress because I did not want to see that lady again, and by the time the wedding came around I seriously just barely fit in my dress, we basically had to stuff me into it, luckily it was black so it hid the bump pretty well.
But really you look absolutely beautiful!!!!
That is hilarious! and I seriously thought about getting that dress made in black, last minute decided to go with white... and thanks!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 17th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Congratulations! Weddings are such fun, yours looks fabulous! I can't really tell whether your hair is BSL though, maybe when you get an LHC type photo up we'll be able to see. I think you are either at BSL or not far off it,though.

see_turtle
December 17th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Congrats on your marriage!You looked beautiful! I also had a Halloween wedding but on 10/27. I am also engaged in a slimming campaign and hope to have my wedding gown be too big in a year!

jacqueline101
December 17th, 2012, 08:33 PM
I can't tell what your hair length is but your gown is lovely. Congrats on your wedding and good luck on growing your hair.

Blackfire
December 25th, 2012, 05:31 AM
I cant get my camera to work! I did measure my hair again, and realized a few things. I have lost three inches of hair from microtrimming!! I did not realize I was taking of so much! BUT it did get rid of some NASTY splits and damage so its for the best :) I never would have taken off that much on purpose even thought I need to. Also, I am technically at BSL right now, the inches I measure to the BSL point on my back, and the inches I measure in my hair are the same, but my curls, so technically it is just a little but past APL when its curly.

I am calling it APL until it actually appears at BSL while curly. :) Thanks for the help all!