PDA

View Full Version : infinity bun

ladyfey
December 16th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Why did I never try this before?! I suppose because a figure 8 bun doesn't hold well for me, I assumed that the infinity wouldn't either. Wrong! I have never found a bun that holds so well as this!:D

Kelikea
December 16th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Picture? And what is the difference? I thought the figure 8 and infinity were the same.

sisi33
December 16th, 2012, 07:56 AM
You cannot just say thatand not have pictures ladyfey! Figure 8 is upright and Infinity is horizontal Kelikea (so they same just placed differently)

Kelikea
December 16th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Oh, ok. I don't think I can do either one, anymore. Maybe I have too much hair?

jacqueline101
December 16th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I think its neat the infinity and figure 8 buns.

Lindseyh
December 16th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I'd love to see a pic! I got my first infinity to stay up today. Its a big infinity day all around!

lunalocks
December 16th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I use spin pins to hold either of these. The figure 8 is stunning. The infinity, low, works well for bike riding as it sits below my helmet.

ladyfey
December 16th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I just got a working camera, I will have to give pictures a shot. I use one Ketylo to hold the bun and it works all day.

Wahinee
December 16th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I was really surprised at how easy it was and how well it stays too. I should do them more often

pogo0685
December 16th, 2012, 08:07 PM
I keep meaning to try these buns out but then I forget again... Maybe tomorrow I will remember! I also want to see pictures!

WaitingSoLong
December 17th, 2012, 05:18 AM
I have never been able to get a figure 8 bun to hold but I do the L-Infinity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-PcfdvgH-0) all the time. It is one of my go-to buns because I rarely have to redo it. Looks decent with a Ficcare as well. I use one stick to hold it.

torrilin
December 17th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Waiting So Long, I just tried your L-infinity from your video. I *really* like it. I was bemoaning the fact that most of the cinnabun variations I like don't work anymore, and this slots right in where I needed a bun :D.

WaitingSoLong
December 17th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Torrilin...if your hair is really long you can do the L part twice. That is what I do. It gives it a less bulky appearance.

torrilin
December 17th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Nah, I'm only just barely around waist. I'm not sure that it's flat enough to sleep in or put under a bike helmet, but I'm pretty sure I don't have the length to do 2 of the L part. But I'm pretty sure it anchors low enough to fit below a bike helmet's adjustment straps.

melusine963
December 17th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I've managed a figure 8 bun before with spin pins, but it was never really secure. Maybe I'll have better luck with an infinity bun.

ladyfey
December 31st, 2012, 06:45 AM
101_0002 here it is

ladyfey
December 31st, 2012, 06:46 AM
didn't work, oh well

melusine963
December 31st, 2012, 07:58 AM
I have never been able to get a figure 8 bun to hold but I do the L-Infinity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-PcfdvgH-0) all the time. It is one of my go-to buns because I rarely have to redo it. Looks decent with a Ficcare as well. I use one stick to hold it.

Why have I only just discovered your youtube channel?!? This makes me realise how much I need a proper hair stick. I can't keep breaking pencils in my hair. :(

WaitingSoLong
December 31st, 2012, 08:03 AM
melusine, my channel is fairly new. Some of the videos just went wacko after awhile and I had to delete them. Of course I did not have saved copies on my PC so I have to remake them. Now ask me how keen I am to do that. LOL. Even then some of the others got stretched wide for no apparent reason. One day I will just have to start over. I can film several videos in one day but editing and prepping them and uploading them is SO time consuming.

I don't recommend pencils because the pointy ends will snag and break hair. Rather use a pen :)

melusine963
January 2nd, 2013, 05:53 AM
melusine, my channel is fairly new. Some of the videos just went wacko after awhile and I had to delete them. Of course I did not have saved copies on my PC so I have to remake them. Now ask me how keen I am to do that. LOL. Even then some of the others got stretched wide for no apparent reason. One day I will just have to start over. I can film several videos in one day but editing and prepping them and uploading them is SO time consuming.

I've just tried your hypno bun (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B4eyFiTRqI) and I think I'm in love. It's so comfy and secure, and I love how it looks. Thank you for the tutorial! :flower:

WaitingSoLong
January 2nd, 2013, 07:43 AM
I've just tried your hypno bun (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B4eyFiTRqI) and I think I'm in love. It's so comfy and secure, and I love how it looks. Thank you for the tutorial! :flower:

Awww, you're welcome!

Elanadi
January 2nd, 2013, 10:33 AM
WaitingSoLong, I LOVE the hair videos! And now I really want spin pins, that's the first time I've seen them used.

Sillage
January 2nd, 2013, 10:56 AM

WOW thank you so much for posting this!!! I'm going to try this as soon as I get my egg protein treatment out of my hair, LOL.

WaitingSoLong
January 2nd, 2013, 11:12 AM
WaitingSoLong, I LOVE the hair videos! And now I really want spin pins, that's the first time I've seen them used.

Spin pins are awesome but kind of expensive for all they are. You will never use bobby pins again! The coating on them wears off after a few uses it seems. I suppose I could re-coat mine. Meh.

WOW thank you so much for posting this!!! I'm going to try this as soon as I get my egg protein treatment out of my hair, LOL.

Let me know if it works ;)

spirals
January 2nd, 2013, 12:46 PM
I've never tried spin pins, probably because flat roller pins work well for heavy hair. I imagine spin pins would get lost in my curls. "What's that? Oh, I've been looking for that!"

Sillage
January 2nd, 2013, 12:48 PM
Let me know if it works ;)

It did! I have such a hard time following videos but yours was so clear and showed everything :) I've got the bun in my hair right now and it's very comfortable and looks great! Thanks for making that video WSL-- you're the best!

WaitingSoLong
January 2nd, 2013, 01:55 PM
I am glad it helped you out Sillage! I think blonde hair is easier to see in videos.

patienceneeded
January 2nd, 2013, 02:08 PM
I did it! WaitingSoLong, your video for the L-Infinity was great! I actually got my hair to stay in this! I have iii *almost* waist length hair and have trouble with a lot of buns due to the thickness of my hair, but this actually worked! Thank you! (I used a large Flexi8 to hold it)

WaitingSoLong
January 3rd, 2013, 05:26 AM
You are welcome Patience!

FYI I did not invent the bun. I found it on YouTube but the original video seems to have been deleted so I re-created one!

ladyfey
January 3rd, 2013, 05:48 AM
I think I have a combo of thumb too short and hair too long to get it around my thumb for the L infinity! :)

WaitingSoLong
January 3rd, 2013, 11:10 AM
Maybe you could use your pinky and forefinger instead? (ya know...PEACE! :rockerdud )