PDA

View Full Version : I past FTL without realizing it!! Can I show??

Calaelen
December 14th, 2012, 04:27 PM
SO, I was just taking a length shot today because for once my hair had air dried without me getting fed up and bunning it part way through. I wanted to show what my actual hair type is. And I noticed, I am past Fingertip length!!

I am so happy, as I had been experiencing a major growth stall due to vitamin deficiency. Now it seems my hair is making up for lost time, it grew before I realized it. :happydance:

Here is the obligatory pic. Any thoughts as to my type?? It doesn't seem stick straight to me.

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac210/luthienc/IMG_0753_zpsadcf1eaf.jpg

Nae
December 14th, 2012, 04:37 PM
So beautiful! What a wonderful accomplishment.

Not sure on your type 1b maybe? I am not so good with hair outside of the 2s.

alyaziaaah
December 14th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Amazing! And the colour and shine so beautiful. Congrats!

alyaziaaah
December 14th, 2012, 05:10 PM
And I think you are a 1 c maybe

Quixii
December 14th, 2012, 05:15 PM
How cool!

I would guess 1c, but the picture's a bit blurry so it's hard to tell.

bettylibertine
December 14th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Wow! Congratulations it's gorgeous!

Beatnik Guy
December 14th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Awesome type.

HairFaerie
December 14th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Very beautiful! Way to go!:cheer:

WaitingSoLong
December 14th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Wow Calaelen!! I check my length every time my hair is loose so DAILY. I could never gain length and not notice. I don't measure it with a tape, I just look in the mirror. Maybe I should try a no-mirror challenge. Still, I can feel how long it is. I guess I am wondering how you didn't realize...LOL.

spidermom
December 14th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Wow; that's a lot of length to not notice. I don't know whether to choose 1B or 1C.

torrilin
December 14th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I'm not sure if it's 1c or 2a. Definitely not 1a, definitely not 2c tho, and I'd lean towards not 1b since there's defined wave pattern showing on your scalp as well as at the ends.

One of the things I did that confirmed to me that I'm a 1 is I recently did my hair full on Curly Girl method. Scrunch with a towel to dry. Scrunch in leave in conditioner. Scrunch in gel. Let air dry. By the end of the day, my 3a sister in law and I were both giggling at my hair. It looked flat ironed. Freshly dry, I did have very large S waves. Meanwhile, she'd done her usual extremely lazy routine, and her hair was being about as straight as it gets, so it looked about 2c.

Obviously, with fingertip length hair, that's going to be a bit prohibitive. Definitely a nice problem to have!

jel
December 14th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Stunning! For the type, it looks to me like 1b/c.

SnowyDream
December 14th, 2012, 07:09 PM
I don't know how to hair type yet but your hair is really pretty, keep up with whatever your doing to it. :)

lapushka
December 14th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Amazing growth spurt. Congratulations! I'd go with 1b/1c also.

Calaelen
December 14th, 2012, 07:28 PM
:D aww thank you all so much! It's been so long since I took a length shot that I was feeling pretty embarrassed about this pic. It isn't what I consider LHC standard gorgeous, though it is now getting what I consider LONG on me.

As for not having realized the length, I don't own a single mirror that is long enough for me to see past about hip length on myself. The last time I saw my hair from behind was when I hit classic, and that was in a friend's mirror. It is hard to feel where it hits, because it is a u shaped hemline. I am beyond thrilled though! Thank you all for making me blush and feel like a true, LHC worthy, longhair!

Amapola
December 14th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Wow, how awesome! Fingertip is my goal, but no way will my hair be as lovely as yours. Very nice! And to think how it sneaked up on you like that... well, I have years to go (at hip at present) so I'll just have to enjoy your victory in fingertip length... or actually, *past* fingertip length. Congratulations!

einna
December 14th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Your hair looks great. Congrats on FTL. :) I would say 1B/1C

pogo0685
December 14th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Your hair is amazing!

Sharysa
December 14th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Fantastic hair. I'm a loooooong way away from fingertip-length, but at least I can look at other people's hair!

SerinaDaith
December 14th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Lovely length, you are definitely a long hair. As far as growth without noticing goes I did it all the time beforeI found LHC now I notice everything. I am not always sure if it is best but I definitely take better care of it now.

melusine963
December 14th, 2012, 09:18 PM
What amazing length! It looks like 1b to me. Congratulations!

PixxieStix
December 14th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Wow that is some crazy gorgeous and long hair, congratulations! It's beautiful, and I'd say 1b hair type. Feel free to show us pictures of your hair any time! :D

biogirl87
December 14th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Calaelen, you've got gorgeous hair. I'd say you're either a 1b/1c or 1c/2a hair type since your hair is trying to get wavy at the ends.

Wildcat Diva
December 14th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Beautiful hair! You should be so proud. And your green skirt is great too!

Calaelen
December 15th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I am now curious to see what would happen if I encouraged waves..:) Thank you all again for your comments.
WCD, Thanks! this skirt looks so not awesome in the pic, but it's my new favourite skirt, because of the embroidery, and the flattering shape (neither of which show in this pic)

panffle
December 15th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Your hair looks amazing, so shiny! I'd say you're a 1c.

jacqueline101
December 15th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Your hair beautiful. Not sure about your hair type.

browneyedsusan
December 15th, 2012, 03:00 PM
wow-SER! That is some gorgeous hair! I can see how you wouldn't notice the length. I try to ignore mine until I update my siggy, then I'm all happy and surprised at the picture! I think you've got the "gorgeous" hair type.

white.chocolate
December 15th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Your hair is so pretty!!! Congratulations on reaching FTL!

Has your hair dried with a few tangles or waves? Did you detangle before you took this picture? (You look like a 1b/1c to me from this pic.)

jojo
December 15th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Hair type, extremely long and silky looking, not straight id put you as a 1b/c its beautiful whatever its type!

Calaelen
December 15th, 2012, 06:43 PM
...look how long it took me to realize I used the wrong past in my title..I passed FTL, without any sleep. :p

Vintagecoilylocks
December 16th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Beautiful! Congrats on FTL. You are so now a LOng haired Lady.

long&blonde
December 18th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Your hair is the completely amazing gorgeous omg type.
I can relate to not checking length, for months.
I am, I think, too good at benign neglect.
When I finally do take it down and wash it, for my next couple months of benign neglect,
I'll fantasize my hair looks like your picture.
You have truly thud worthy hair.
Congrats on making it well past ftl.

dancingrain91
December 18th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Congratulations! You're hair is beautiful! I'm a long way from that.

theodora
December 18th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Holy bananas your hair is long! I just checked what FTL is on me and gosh it is far away.
I agree with everyone, your hair is the thud-worthy kind, I'm wondering why I hadn't seen it in all its glory like this before!
Basically, feel free to keep the pictures coming, think about the people like me you're inspiring!

Xi
December 18th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Congratulations on FTL!!! Your hair is truly long and beautiful. I'd go with 1c.

Lostsoule77
December 21st, 2012, 09:34 PM
Just saw this today. Congratulations!!! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! :thud:

beautifulending
December 21st, 2012, 11:39 PM
Wow....how beautiful! I'm not sure what hair type your hair is the picture is to blurry to tell.

OrchidRain
December 22nd, 2012, 12:06 AM
Oh your hair is absolutely gorgeous! :happydance:

On a side note:
Theodora, for a second I thought your shirt was your bare back showing off a really awesome tattoo. :D

RavennaNight
December 22nd, 2012, 12:28 AM
Congrats! Your hair is so shiny! :D

Juanita
December 22nd, 2012, 04:06 AM
Congratulations your hair is very pretty and shiny.