PDA

View Full Version : Hillary...wondering if she found TLHC

rock007junkie
December 14th, 2012, 07:47 AM
http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2012/12/13/hillary-clinton-barbara-walters-special-hair/

What she described is part of the reason I started growing my hair. I just didn't have time for salons anymore. In my quest to take care of my hair I found this site...wondering if the same happened to her. :)

KittyBird
December 14th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Maybe she's secretly a member :D
Reading the comments on that page makes me annoyed though, because apparently she's too old for long hair. I think she looks good with that length, and there's no such thing as 'too old' when it comes to long hair.

jacqueline101
December 14th, 2012, 09:09 AM
I understand the no time for salon visits in my case no money for them.

rock007junkie
December 14th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Maybe she's secretly a member :D
Reading the comments on that page makes me annoyed though, because apparently she's too old for long hair. I think she looks good with that length, and there's no such thing as 'too old' when it comes to long hair.

I know, I was thinking the same thing.

dulce
December 14th, 2012, 09:24 AM
She looks so much softer and younger and feminine with it to her shoulders ,good for her growing it longer and ignoring all the naysayers!

spirals
December 14th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I caught a glimpse of her on TV the other night and I think she looked beautiful.

DarkCurls
December 14th, 2012, 11:52 AM
The comments are beyond offending. "It looks ridiculously long" => It's only shoulder-length!

I'm glad she doesn't mind people talking about it. Whether it's long or short, I admire that she's ready to wear it the way she wants it, especially when there are so many negative comments. You'd think there would be more important things about her to talk about than her her hair. People are so narrow-minded. Good for her.

Unofficial_Rose
December 14th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I think it really suits her. Honestly. I don't understand why so many comments think she should have it cut. And my hair is not even shoulder-length so I'm not one who thinks everyone looks better with long hair.

Sillage
December 14th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Love Hillery, love her hair! She looks fantastic. Glad she is ignoring the bitter and jealous haters who can't handle a woman doing her own thing.

embee
December 14th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I saw a picture of her the other day, and I thought "She sure does look more attractive!".

We can only hope the nay-sayers will not undermine her resolve.

Stupid question: when gvt. officials travel "for business" as she does, who is paying for out-of-town salon visits or accompanying hair stylists? Taxpayers?

CurlyCurves
December 14th, 2012, 01:18 PM
What is wrong with people?! Why is it some sort of taboo for older women to have hair longer than ear length? :/

turtlelover
December 14th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I don't agree w/ her politically, but I do like her longer hair. It is a much softer and more flattering look on her in my opinion.

Yozhik
December 14th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I like her long hair, and I say good for her to be secure to stand in the spotlight and take the kind of scrutiny she does. :)

Also, the comments in that article were :mad:

MsBubbles
December 14th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Most of the time these days I purposely avoid 'comments' on articles like that. That section seems to attract the stupid people of the world.

I love Hillary's hair. Good for her. Makes sense that she wouldn't really care too much what anybody else thinks of her hair! I find that very inspiring.

To the OP, I ended up here via a similar path! My long-trusted hairdresser fell deathly ill (she survived though) and I didn't trust anybody else with my hair, so I searched for ways to take care of it myself. Found LHC & never went back to the salon. Went from Soccer Mom to natural color at hip length.

rock007junkie
December 14th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Most of the time these days I purposely avoid 'comments' on articles like that. That section seems to attract the stupid people of the world.

I love Hillary's hair. Good for her. Makes sense that she wouldn't really care too much what anybody else thinks of her hair! I find that very inspiring.

To the OP, I ended up here via a similar path! My long-trusted hairdresser fell deathly ill (she survived though) and I didn't trust anybody else with my hair, so I searched for ways to take care of it myself. Found LHC & never went back to the salon. Went from Soccer Mom to natural color at hip length.

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I've been considering going to the hair salon to get an actual trim since I've been trimming my own hair for a couple of years...I still can't bring myself to do it. I think about the blowdrier and the stylist pulling my hair to hell with the brush and it physically hurts.

Dr. Girlfriend
December 14th, 2012, 10:47 PM
I think it looks good on her, and good on her for not listening to that tired old trite about how 'older women should not have long hair'. It's very flattering on her and makes her look more youthful, IMO.

Micayla47
December 14th, 2012, 11:24 PM
go Hillary! i'm happy to hear she's not disturbed by people's negative opinions

auburntressed
December 15th, 2012, 12:55 AM
10 thingy...........

Ishje
December 15th, 2012, 02:07 AM
I think that hair looks great on her!!!

WilfredAllen
December 15th, 2012, 02:52 AM
lol love that article xD

rock007junkie
December 15th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I think it looks good on her, and good on her for not listening to that tired old trite about how 'older women should not have long hair'. It's very flattering on her and makes her look more youthful, IMO.

I agree. I think she does look younger like that.

MsBubbles
December 15th, 2012, 09:17 AM
I think about the blowdrier and the stylist pulling my hair to hell with the brush and it physically hurts.

Right. There might be ways around that if you have a stylist who is really nice and easy going, who will let you comb it yourself, and not insist on blow-drying it, but I have yet to find one and as long as Feye's Self-Trim works for me, I don't have any need to.

I'd like to have tried one of those George Michael long hair salons but the one in my area closed.

Artisticat
December 15th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Love her! Hopes she keeps the new "do" when she runs for POTS, but I'm afraid she'll be pressured to cut it to a bob.
Oh well... at least we know she is a long hair at heart! :p

MsBubbles
December 15th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Not relevant to hair, but I just read that Hillary fainted and sustained a concussion this week! I hope she is doing ok and gets well soon.

Lamb
December 15th, 2012, 05:08 PM
This article has a "Hillary over the years" photo section if you scroll down a bit. Looks like she's simply gone back to a style she wore in the early-mid nineties. I don't get what people are so upset about in those comments.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/15/us/us-hillary-clinton-concussion/index.html

Kosmos
December 16th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I hate that "too old for long hair" schtick.

Yozhik
December 16th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Ooh, I hope that Hillary is fine, too!

MsBubbles - I know that I shouldn't pay attention to those comments, but prurient interests keeps me curious about how the outside world views these things. Also, thanks for mentioning her recent illness - I'll be thinking of her. :(

Also thanks Lamb for linking to that article and the slideshow. I really do hope it is nothing serious.
The photos from her past were also really interesting!

long&blonde
December 20th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I think her current longer hair really suits her.
God bless her for putting up with all the scrutiny that comes with being a celebrity.