PDA

View Full Version : Heatless waves and curls

NightOwl26
December 13th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I recently discovered this girl on Youtube who has all these different methods of heatless waves/curls ideas. This one I must share!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP2SgzHZq5M

I'm totally into heatless waves and would love to hear some other ideas on what you ladies do. I usually use my flexirods and foam flexirods. I also have curlformers which take a lot longer to do and uncomfortable to sleep in but look great! When my hair is long enough I hope just basic bun or braid waves would look good on me, but they don't for now.

browneyedsusan
December 14th, 2012, 05:51 AM
My hair is a little shorter than yours, and I can just get it into pin curls! They take a little practice to wrap, but are easy to sleep on because they lay flat against your head. I watched this lady a couple of times, and I can do it!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elKVFr-NtIM I just use bobby pins to clip them, and sometimes set the top on rollers for the stand-up curls. They come out fine either way. Put a sleep cap over, and go to bed. The set lasts a couple of days, even with my straight hair and not re-rolling the second night. The second day the curls are looser, but perfect for victory rolls or other retro hairdo.

MaryO
December 14th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the links! I'm really into heatless styling myself and always on the lookout for what I can do!

jacqueline101
December 14th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Flexi rods are great I have the real long ones I got off of ebay. I love them.

WaitingSoLong
December 14th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Ok the straws are a cool idea. but she TALKED TOO MUCH and the video was so long...did she use damp hair? How long did she let them set in her hair? I tried to listen but I didn't have the patience for her. LOL.

rock007junkie
December 14th, 2012, 08:56 AM
I love her videos but WaitingSoLong is right...I usually fastforward through the videos just enough to see the technique she's using.

redsiren
December 14th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Tnx for the link, I'll be trying these as soon as possible:D

DarkCurls
December 14th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I sometimes curl the underlayer of my hair, since it's almost completely straight for some reason. My favorite method is the cocooning method. It gives amazing spiral curls. :)
I want to try bandana waves for wavy hair too. :p

NightOwl26
December 15th, 2012, 09:55 PM
My hair is a little shorter than yours, and I can just get it into pin curls! They take a little practice to wrap, but are easy to sleep on because they lay flat against your head. I watched this lady a couple of times, and I can do it!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elKVFr-NtIM I just use bobby pins to clip them, and sometimes set the top on rollers for the stand-up curls. They come out fine either way. Put a sleep cap over, and go to bed. The set lasts a couple of days, even with my straight hair and not re-rolling the second night. The second day the curls are looser, but perfect for victory rolls or other retro hairdo.

Pin curls look so great! I need a lot of practice and patience though.

Flexi rods are great I have the real long ones I got off of ebay. I love them.

I love my flexi rods too. Mine are generic Ebay ones the extra long and wide. I'm afraid of too much mechanical damage from them though, so I don't use them much.

Ok the straws are a cool idea. but she TALKED TOO MUCH and the video was so long...did she use damp hair? How long did she let them set in her hair? I tried to listen but I didn't have the patience for her. LOL.

OMG I know! I fast forward through a lot. Yes she lightly sprays her hair with water. She doesn't use hairspray. She says leave them on for 4-6 hours or sleep in them. They don't seem comfortable to sleep in though.

I sometimes curl the underlayer of my hair, since it's almost completely straight for some reason. My favorite method is the cocooning method. It gives amazing spiral curls. :)
I want to try bandana waves for wavy hair too. :p

I recently heard of the cacooning method. That looks great too. It's so hard on my fine/thin hair with breakage though. I'm going to have to look up bandana waves now :)

thirstylocks
December 15th, 2012, 11:53 PM
I have foam rollers for spiral curls. They work like a charm - even better than curling irons!!