PDA

View Full Version : My har was a mess today :O !

Chanie
December 13th, 2012, 03:03 PM
So yesterday my long time missed protein treatment from joico arrived wich i enjoy sometimes. My hair has been to stretchy for a while and i was so happy to see the mail man! Anyway i slept with a mix of this and an osmo treatment i also enjoy, but when i woke up and rinsed it out my hair was even more stretchy and basically falling of my head ! :O im thinking it might be because i got it wet before putting in theese treatments, and then i put on the shower cap like i usually do when i make treatments and put in dry hair, could i be right? Could it be to much because it was a little wet? It was a disaster and usually my hair loves both of theese treatments! But i guess not over night... Im so sad :( My hair kept shedding like a cancer patient all day :( :(

GabrielleRose
December 13th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Oh my goodness, I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope things go back to normal for you, and I'm sorry I have no advice.

lapushka
December 13th, 2012, 04:51 PM
My hair kept shedding like a cancer patient all day :( :(

If that's truly the case, you should be seeing a doctor. If you're exaggerating, I'm slightly offended. Cancer is serious. I doubt you're shedding that bad.

goldloli
December 13th, 2012, 11:24 PM
guessing that's kpak?

if it is then:
kpak shouldnt be left on for too long, 5-7 mins as directed then follow with moisture
it also shouldn't be diluted as the reactions needed to deposit the protein will be interfered with
you probably rendered the kpak ineffective by diluting it and the reason your hair is now stretchier is because you pretty much left conditioner on stretchy hair over night, which added crazy amounts of moisture, making the stretch worse due to over moisturising.

i'd give it another shot following directions. you may not need a heavy second conditioner or anything at all afterwards.

good luck

edit:if it was the balm, then disregard the dilution thing, it could have been that it simply wasnt strong enough. idk if it's related to your shedding of if the shedding is simply hair that has stretched and broken, due to lack of info.

DancingQueen
December 14th, 2012, 12:09 AM
If that's truly the case, you should be seeing a doctor. If you're exaggerating, I'm slightly offended. Cancer is serious. I doubt you're shedding that bad.

I don't think she would be writing this if she didn't need help, and I see no reason to be offended by this.

To Chanie: I don't use protein treatments, so I don't know anything about that. However, if you continue to shed, you can try priorin. You can get it in matas, or most health care shops. It is the only thing that helped my hair to stop shedding. Good luck with everything from a fellow Dane. :)

ETA: Just to clarify, I know that cancer is serious, but the way it was written did not seem like an insulting tone to me. It was not to put down anyone with cancer. That is why I don't see a reason to be offended.

jojo
December 14th, 2012, 05:34 AM
I am very offended by " the shedding like a cancer patient" not only am i nurse to cancer patients but i also have 2 close family members going through the end stages of cancer, please do think before writing. Cancer is not a joke it kills people.

Kiwiwi
December 14th, 2012, 06:50 AM
I'm sorry this has happened to you.

I would also say you shouldn't have left this overnight, that that was the problem.
I agree with goldloli.
Next time just use the treatment as the directions tell you to, follow up with something moisturizing (also don't leave that on for too long) and then hopefully you will enjoy your protein boosted moisturized hair :)

I also was a bit shocked when I read the last sentence about cancer. It was really a shock feeling while reading.
I guess it was mostly because it came out of the blue and I thought about maybe actual cancer patients reading this, it might be just as much a shock for them. Plus I also lost my father to cancer so it was just a short shock of reliving things.
So, I wasn't offended, really. But shocked and a bit hurt. So I want to ask you to think about your words a bit more carefully. Of course you have every right to express yourself the way you want! But just think about it first. Thank you!

Unless! Like was said already. Unless your shedding was -really- that bad, then I'd also suggest going to a doctor!!

EndlessSunshine
December 14th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Well if your shedding like my mother when she went through chemo for breast and colon cancer then I recommend shaving it all off and wearing scarves.

jacqueline101
December 14th, 2012, 08:31 AM
I don't use protein mask or products. I'd suggest maybe going to a salon asking how to correct it or try clarifying it.

sarelis
December 14th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I think Goldloli has probably given you some good advice, I am always careful to follow the directions when I do a protein treatment ( but then, I use aPHogee 2 step which is pretty hardcore), sometimes more isn't necessarily better. I hope you get it sorted.
And sorry, but I also found the 'cancer patient' analogy slightly shocking and in poor taste

Macaroni
December 14th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Your hair in your avatar looks over processed and beyond redemption. Best to cut it and start over.

SnowyDream
December 14th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Your hair in your avatar looks over processed and beyond redemption. Best to cut it and start over.

I found this comment to be a little rude, I know what she said was not the best but you are supposed to be respectful like the other people that has posted and not say mean and awful things like this. Please try to be a little more respectful when you post.

Macaroni
December 14th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I found this comment to be a little rude, I know what she said was not the best but you are supposed to be respectful like the other people that has posted and not say mean and awful things like this. Please try to be a little more respectful when you post.

I found this comment to be a little rude. Please try to be a little more respectful when you post.

CurlyCurves
December 15th, 2012, 01:32 PM

That is extremely rude. Reported. I know some people find her cancer comment upsetting, and although I don't, I respect that some may find it rude, but no need to be so mean.

Macaroni
December 15th, 2012, 01:59 PM
That is extremely rude. Reported. I know some people find her cancer comment upsetting, and although I don't, I respect that some may find it rude, but no need to be so mean.

Thank you for reminding me a post can be reported. Done.

Mayflower
December 15th, 2012, 02:10 PM
I found this comment to be a little rude. Please try to be a little more respectful when you post.

What are we, 12?

redsiren
December 15th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Girls girls, please look at the dancing cheese:cheese::cheese:

spidermom
December 15th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I agree: follow directions next time.

AnqeIicDemise
December 15th, 2012, 06:09 PM
My first instinct would be to clarify, condition and then see what needs to go from there. Could be build up of some kind but I'm guessing I'm wrong. Goldi seems to be right on the money.

rtree721
December 15th, 2012, 06:15 PM
This thread is getting a little out of hand. I think perhaps it should be taken down and the OP can start a new thread if her question is still unanswered.

sun-kissed
December 15th, 2012, 06:24 PM
This thread is getting a little out of hand. I think perhaps it should be taken down and the OP can start a new thread if her question is still unanswered.
I heartily agree.

CurlyCurves
December 16th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Thank you for reminding me a post can be reported. Done.

LOL, and your reason for reporting me is...? Oh, that's right, you're extremely immature.

Chanie
December 16th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Omg girls, i am so sorry about my cancer comment - i guess i was just completely lost for words and sad at the same time, and this was what came out of it. Im truly sorry if i have offended anyone, i have lost family members to cancer myself and do take it seriously. Sorry :)

spidermom
December 16th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I think you may want to start regular small trims. Your profile picture does show rather distressed-looking hair, but protein and moisture treatments can make it feel and behave a lot better.

W2
December 16th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Omg girls, i am so sorry about my cancer comment - i guess i was just completely lost for words and sad at the same time, and this was what came out of it. Im truly sorry if i have offended anyone, i have lost family members to cancer myself and do take it seriously. Sorry :)

It can sometimes be hard to express yourself in your own language ... and even harder, when you do it at a foreign one.

Yes, the comment was misplaced, but give us, that are not fluid in English, some benefits of the doubt and maybe not read so much more into it.

Kiwiwi
December 16th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Thank you for your apology, Chanie! I appreciate it! You didn't mean it badly and that's what matters.

How is your hair now?

Sillage
December 16th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Omg girls, i am so sorry about my cancer comment

Thank you Chanie :)

Chanie
December 17th, 2012, 08:45 AM
My hair is still very disstressed, although im doing all the right things. I havent coloured for over a month and i havent bleached since august. But i will just have to be patient i guess. Did a joico k pak treatment again last night for like 40 minutes, next time i will only do 5-7 minutes as you guys requested. Im hanging in, even though i feel like crying :(

spidermom
December 17th, 2012, 09:06 AM
I can relate. I once had a second perm one year after the first one, and it absolutely trashed my hair. I tried to get it better with treatments for awhile but ending up with a pixie cut.

Sillage
December 17th, 2012, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=Chanie;2350621 Im hanging in, even though i feel like crying :([/QUOTE]

:( I'm sorry Chanie. Have you thought about trying a more intense protein treatment like ApHogee 2 step?

Chanie
December 17th, 2012, 02:34 PM
:( I'm sorry Chanie. Have you thought about trying a more intense protein treatment like ApHogee 2 step?

I didnt know there was a treatment more intense than joico k-pak , but iwill definately look in to that! Thanks :) !

erialc
December 17th, 2012, 03:26 PM
My hair is still very disstressed, although im doing all the right things. I havent coloured for over a month and i havent bleached since august. But i will just have to be patient i guess. Did a joico k pak treatment again last night for like 40 minutes, next time i will only do 5-7 minutes as you guys requested. Im hanging in, even though i feel like crying :(

I bleached my hair once (ONCE) december 2009 and it wasn't until september this year (after nearly 2 years of no dyeing, CO, no heat and protective styling etc) that I finally could cut away the last bits of damaged, strangly ends. So yes... I'd say patience and regular trimming is the only way to go...

goldloli
December 18th, 2012, 07:33 AM
don't worry this can be fixed! If the kpak doesn't work when used undiluted on damp hair a couple times, pick yourself up aphogee 2 step. Sealing damp hair with coconut oil will help your hair retain protein, use just a little on freshly washed hair. alternatively use it as a pre shampoo deep oiling. You may have to lose an inch or 2 of hair beyond saving. Right now your hair is probably very porous, switch to a sls free shampoo which will strip your hair further (and probably any treatments you do too). I believe aussie 3 minute miracle is available in denmark and is a good cheap deep conditioner to balance out the protein treatments once your hair stops stretching. Pay attention to your hair, the second it turns dry and brittle instead of stretchy means you used too much protein and need to up moisture. Its going to be a balancing act to keep the moisture to protein ratio just right... Over time this will pay off and you will notice a difference. Good luck!

cfreya
December 18th, 2012, 07:40 AM
I didnt know there was a treatment more intense than joico k-pak , but iwill definately look in to that! Thanks :) !

I have never used the joico but I can definitely reccommend the aphogee treatment, it saved my over bleached hair and makes it so much stronger, but i definitely think you need to be careful to stick to the instructions if you do use it:)

Chanie
December 18th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Thank you so much for your kind answer :) i already use sls free shampoo from kevin murphy and a good conditioner too which has protein in it :) today i did a hot oil treatment as a pre wash, with coconut oil, argan, avocado oil, shea butter and jojoba oil, after two hours i jumped in the shower, washed out and followed with the k-pak leaving it on for 5 minutes or so while shaving :D then condish. i usually comb with a wide toth comb to get tangles but i did not do that today, im thinking while it is this porous it might be better just to leave it alone while drying.

goldloli
December 18th, 2012, 04:34 PM
how's your hair feeling now?

If your hair is still stretchy i'd skip all the moisturising oils in favour of coconut alone. Alot of curly haired people cant tolerate coconut oil as it help strands retain protein or some scientific blah blah, so not great for people who cant tolerate protein but perfect for someone in your position.

I think apple cider vinegar rinses would help too, i read on another board today that a girl had over processed her hair and it was too alkaline, leaving her hair very porous. pure aloe vera gel contains proteins and is an acid :o a mix of 1/3 aloe 1/3 coconut oil and 1/3 conditioner as a pre shampoo would probably do wonders. if you dont have any aloe throw an egg in there. lol im trying to think of immediate solutions lying around your house.

I don't know what your budget is but for after care products once you hair is a lil bit more stable, you should check out makeup alley hair board for advice and recs. many girls there bleach and know almost every product in existance :o

lapushka
December 18th, 2012, 07:09 PM

I too have lost family members to cancer. Thanks for being so nice about it, and apologizing! :flower: