PDA

View Full Version : 2nd anniversary

Ishje
December 13th, 2012, 08:34 AM
this month is my second anniversary here, so I thought I shared my update :)
2012 was a big year for me, there where huge changes, I became an auntie, I moved to a different country, and I had quite a big chop.

but first my length when I joined LHC in december 2010, my hair was bleached only a couple of month's earlier.
I went from black to a red sort of color. I wanted my own natural color back, but that proved difficult with the black.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/ishjeheiden/hair%20timeline/me.jpg

and now the picture from december 2011, as you can see I was pretty close to classic.
I had problems with my hair though, it was dry and then ends where thin. it took so much effort to keep it up.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/ishjeheiden/hair%20timeline/P1080708.jpg

and then I decided that it might be better to just start over and have a big chop.
after thinking about it for quite a while I took the decision and made my hairdresser very happy. (quote: "my gosh I never have cut so much hair of at once, giving someone a drastic new hair cut is the most fun of being a hairdresser")
luckily she is quite amazing, and always does what I ask her.

so, there is my ponytail, I kept it for the memories :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/ishjeheiden/hair%20timeline/P1090083.jpg

and my hair a few days after the big chop, at that point it was 43 cm long.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/ishjeheiden/hair%20timeline/P1090108.jpg

and finally, my hair today, at 49 cm. (I hope to make 50 before the end of the year)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/ishjeheiden/hair%20timeline/P1090529bw.jpg

once in a while I regret the big chop, but when I take some more time to think about how unhappy I was with my hair I am ok.
afterall, it will grow, and I will reach classic one day! now I have healthy virgin hair and that is very nice as well!

thanks all for reading this ^^

janeytilllie
December 13th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Your hair looks beautiful and so shiny.
Don't regret the cut your hair will grow in no time. It is better to have long you love, than long hair you hate.
Congrats on your progress :) Your ends are in great shape.

Annibelle
December 13th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Your hair looks great! And woooow-- I hope I don't sound weird-- but you're fabulously tall-- like a goddess. :)

MaryO
December 13th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Wow, I think it took lots of guts to chop al that hair off but I've had to do this myself (with a lot less length though) and I know you do feel better afterwards. And the awesome thing about hair- always grows back! :D Happy growing!

GrowingGlory
December 13th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Looks great! Now you can keep your hair in excellent condition as it grows.

Ishje
December 13th, 2012, 10:35 AM
janeytilllie: yes, you are 100% right!!

Annibelle: thank you ^^ you don't sound weird, but I have to say I am really not that long, 1,72 (meters) but I am slim so maybe the pictures distort it a bit.

MaryO: thanks, it is a hard decision indeed, but afterwards it felt good!

GrowingGlory: thank you! yes it is way more easy to keep up now, and I think that will stay when it gets longer, I do plan to trim twice a year now.

KittyBird
December 13th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Your hair looks shiny and healthy. Happy growing! :)

MsBubbles
December 13th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Wow, Ishje! I had either forgotten or never associated you with the first length pic you posted here. I remember seeing it (last year?). I didn't realize that was you! It must be nice to have healthy, virgin hair. It may make the growing out journey more enjoyable.

Ishje
December 13th, 2012, 01:24 PM
thank you Kittybird :)

I think you might have commented to the picture in my album MsBubbles, but I am not 100% shure, since I can't check ;)
thank you!

jacqueline101
December 13th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Your hair looks great and the health is probably better since its virgin hair.

einna
December 13th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Wow, thats a huge cut! Looks good though, and I know how lovely it is to have healthy hair. It must be all LHC hair now? Happy growing. :)

GabrielleRose
December 13th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Happy Anniversary, and your looks beautiful. :) It must of took a lot of courage to cut that much off, but I bet it feels wonderful having it nice and healthy again. Your hair looks so shiny, and full. :) Happy growing to you!

Madora
December 13th, 2012, 04:16 PM
No matter what the length, your hair looks lovely, Ishje!

lapushka
December 13th, 2012, 06:16 PM
OMG, I still thought you had long hair! I can't believe you had such a major chop. But the important thing is that you're happy with it, and now you can grow out beautiful, healthy virgin hair. Here's to getting to 50 cm quickly! :D :thumbsup:

Ishje
December 14th, 2012, 08:34 AM
thank you Jaqueline :)

einna, it is indeed. thank you!

Gabriellerose, yes I am very happy with it, it feels good, but at the same time I sometimes wish I could grow 10 inch a month. I guess we all wish that sometimes :p

thanks a lot Madora!!

lapushka, thank you. I enjoy the growing process, slow as it is :p and it is so easy to keep up now!

pogo0685
December 14th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Your hair looks so thick and full since you cut it, I think its beautiful and will look really nice through all the growing back stages. I sometimes dream about cutting off all my hair to start over.