PDA

View Full Version : Almost 6 months. My first "milestone" thread

Arden
December 12th, 2012, 07:42 PM
http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj558/Marcie_Coleman/hair121212/06to12for2012.jpg

From June to December.... I feel like I've accomplished more than I realized... Say yay!

Arden
December 12th, 2012, 07:52 PM
PS - I am planning on doing the no trims for 2013 challenge. Should I get a trim before?

Falcore
December 12th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Wow, your shorter layers have grown wonderfully! A massive improvement for only 6 months! Congrats :)

I think it's best to trim your hair only when it needs it. I'm not a big fan of those "don't trim your hair for x amount of time," as damaged ends can travel up the shaft to healthy hair.

Arden
December 12th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Wow, your shorter layers have grown wonderfully! A massive improvement for only 6 months! Congrats :)

I think it's best to trim your hair only when it needs it. I'm not a big fan of those "don't trim your hair for x amount of time," as damaged ends can travel up the shaft to healthy hair.

Well if it starts looking bad I'll have it trimmed. I just wanted to do the challenge for fun. I use to be a get your hair some every month kind of girl. Last year I stretched myself out to every 3 months. I just thought it would be cool to see how long I can go before it really needs to be done. Instead of just out of habit or to keep my hair dresser in the money. LOL

I very rarely do anything more to my hair than wash and go. Most days i wear it bunned, braided or in a pony. I shift the style to avoid tension points.

I told my husband about the challenge, he laughed. Said I might make it 6 months for pure stubbornness but by not much more than that I'd be at the salon. He's probably right. I can almost guarantee I won't make it threw November cause my hair will have to look nice for events... But its worth a shot. :)

Arden
December 12th, 2012, 08:26 PM
And thank you :)

Sarahlabyrinth
December 13th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Wow, your hair has grown a lot. And it doesn't look like it needs a trim at all, to me. Well done and happy growing next year!

hairhair
December 13th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Beautiful growth! It looks a lot more even now and well on its way to being long! From experience, APL is a major milestone as after that, hair starts growing down your back pretty much unimpeded, so it seems to grow faster! :) Happy growing!

MaryO
December 13th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Wow, that's quite a bit of growth! Well done! ;-)

I'm also not trimming next year- good luck to you! :-)

Dandelion6
December 13th, 2012, 09:21 AM
It looks so much fuller.

arelrios
December 13th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Very nice grow! and also, beautiful hair...

KittyBird
December 13th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Great growth! Your hair looks beautiful, so much fuller.

jacqueline101
December 13th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Your hair has grown a lot and only if your hair is really damaged I'd trim. I'm taking the same challenge. I'm hoping to make it.

Tota
December 13th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Great progress! Your thickness is definitely travelling down your length, whatever you're doing, it's working great. Congrats!

Arden
December 13th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Your hair has grown a lot and only if your hair is really damaged I'd trim. I'm taking the same challenge. I'm hoping to make it.

Awsome Jacqueline! Partners in "hair crimes" we'll be! LOL

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments. My own eye is so self critical. But I guess for 6 months I'm not doing too bad.