PDA

View Full Version : Afro Hair, Anyone besides me have it?

PeloBueno
December 12th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I used to visit this site 6 years ago, but I have not been on here in Years. During that time I chopped all my hair off and started over. I used to have a relaxer but I have been natural for the past 3 years. As you can see from my profile and siggy its grown a lot. But it doesnt come without its challenges. Does anyone else have Afro texture hair? I would love to share tips on this curly hair type. =-) Also how do you post photos? Its been so long I forgot. lol

Arden
December 12th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Your hair is so beautiful. Is it 100% natural? I don't have Afro hair. I'm Dutch / Cree / European. But one of my best girlfriends is African and her daughters are African / Hispanic. She is always wanting tips on getting her youngest daughters hair to behave.

Arden
December 12th, 2012, 08:46 PM
For photos. Signature pics can be uploaded directly. Thread pictures you host on something like Photobucket and link.

Helix
December 12th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Guilty! (I'm just your resident African chick so it kinda goes without saying). I have mostly 4b hair with a little 4a.

There are several of us around here; some just don't post regularly. You might want to check out the Kinky 4's thread, (I'll see if I can bump it for you).

Your hair looks gorgeous in your signature, btw.

ritza
December 12th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Hi! I have 3c hair with some 3b....

Happy Hair Growing!

PeloBueno
December 13th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Your hair is so beautiful. Is it 100% natural? I don't have Afro hair. I'm Dutch / Cree / European. But one of my best girlfriends is African and her daughters are African / Hispanic. She is always wanting tips on getting her youngest daughters hair to behave.
Thank you so much! Yes its 100% natural except for a tiny bit of color in the front. Other than that no chemicals.

PeloBueno
December 13th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Guilty! (I'm just your resident African chick so it kinda goes without saying). I have mostly 4b hair with a little 4a.

There are several of us around here; some just don't post regularly. You might want to check out the Kinky 4's thread, (I'll see if I can bump it for you).

Your hair looks gorgeous in your signature, btw.
Thank you. I forgot about photo bucket. I will look for the thread thanks! :cool:

PeloBueno
December 13th, 2012, 02:35 AM
Hi! I have 3c hair with some 3b....

Happy Hair Growing! Thank you! I am trying for terminal length as my ultimate goal.

PeloBueno
December 13th, 2012, 02:37 AM
For photos. Signature pics can be uploaded directly. Thread pictures you host on something like Photobucket and link.

Ahh. I had forgotten about photobucket. I will have to upload some pics there. I have an old account. Thanks

goldloli
December 13th, 2012, 05:55 AM
we have a few 3b/3cs such as curlycap (delightful smile girl) and curly curves. Theres a girl with 4's whos growing to term, i think she made it to hipbone stretched, i think her pics are in the month pics thread (why yes they are http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=35093&page=99&p=2314373&viewfull=1#post2314373) i've been watching her hair just shoot along. There are quite a few others in the 4scale in this thread or in the terminal threads http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1881

spidermom
December 13th, 2012, 08:25 AM
I don't have it, but back in the day of Jimi Hendrix and Angela Davis, I certainly wanted it.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/afromom2.jpg
(shag haircut rolled up on tiny sponge curlers under wig)
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/afromom.jpg
(my own "natural" (what my friends called it) picked out - haha)

WaitingSoLong
December 13th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Spidermom you are so brave for posting those pics! LOL!

PeloBueno, welcome back! I don't have afro hair but I know there are several here, hopefully they will see this post and chime in :)

PeloBueno
December 13th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I don't have it, but back in the day of Jimi Hendrix and Angela Davis, I certainly wanted it.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/afromom2.jpg
(shag haircut rolled up on tiny sponge curlers under wig)
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/afromom.jpg
(my own "natural" (what my friends called it) picked out - haha) Wow!! Awesome hair! I love it! :cool:

PeloBueno
December 13th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Spidermom you are so brave for posting those pics! LOL!

PeloBueno, welcome back! I don't have afro hair but I know there are several here, hopefully they will see this post and chime in :)

Thank you WaitingSoLong!

natural80
December 13th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I have afro-texture hair. I consider myself to be a 3b/c/4a. Your hair is so pretty. I'm jealous. My hair used to be that length relaxed. Now, I'm bald. It's slowly, slowly growing back.

PeloBueno
December 14th, 2012, 07:41 AM
I have afro-texture hair. I consider myself to be a 3b/c/4a. Your hair is so pretty. I'm jealous. My hair used to be that length relaxed. Now, I'm bald. It's slowly, slowly growing back. I know the feeling. When I chopped mine it felt like forever to grow back. I was just being impatient though because it grew fast. Yours will be longer and healthier than it was with the relaxer before you know it. :cool: I love being natural.

jacqueline101
December 14th, 2012, 09:16 AM
I just want to welcome you back. I like your thread its a good lesson to all of us here is where we belong. We all stray but home is where the heart is this is our home.

PeloBueno
December 14th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I just want to welcome you back. I like your thread its a good lesson to all of us here is where we belong. We all stray but home is where the heart is this is our home. Thank you, and yes that is very true! :)

CurlyCurves
December 16th, 2012, 10:04 AM
we have a few 3b/3cs such as curlycap (delightful smile girl) and curly curves. Theres a girl with 4's whos growing to term, i think she made it to hipbone stretched, i think her pics are in the month pics thread (why yes they are http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=35093&page=99&p=2314373&viewfull=1#post2314373) i've been watching her hair just shoot along. There are quite a few others in the 4scale in this thread or in the terminal threads http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1881

Hello :D

OP: Welcome and congrats on the length!

Kosmos
December 16th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I don't have it. I'm not capable of it. But darn it all if I don't appreciate a good fro. I always compliment people I see with them.

Iaine
December 16th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Hey, there. I'm 3b/3c with some random 3a thrown in there. I'll just stalk this thread a little to see if I can pick up any good tips.

natural80
December 16th, 2012, 12:07 PM
I know the feeling. When I chopped mine it felt like forever to grow back. I was just being impatient though because it grew fast. Yours will be longer and healthier than it was with the relaxer before you know it. :cool: I love being natural.

Thanks.:) Care to share your regimen? :cheer:

goldielocs
December 19th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Another 4a/b checking in. I rarely post because I have locks. Welcome to the board and happy hair growing!

MsDarling
December 20th, 2012, 11:27 PM
I used to visit this site 6 years ago, but I have not been on here in Years. During that time I chopped all my hair off and started over. I used to have a relaxer but I have been natural for the past 3 years. As you can see from my profile and siggy its grown a lot. But it doesnt come without its challenges. Does anyone else have Afro texture hair? I would love to share tips on this curly hair type. =-) Also how do you post photos? Its been so long I forgot. lol

I do, no relaxer, grazing waist stretched. Your hair looks great.

MsDarling
December 20th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Weird, I haven't posted here in while and I find this thread. :D

PeloBueno
December 21st, 2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks.:) Care to share your regimen? :cheer:
I dont really have a strict regimen. Mostly just protective styles. I wear my hair in twists almost always. Either individual twists or flat twists. I go to my hair dresser every 2 weeks. She deep conditions my hair. I tie it up with a satin scarf at night and sleep on a satin pillow case. (in case my scarf slips off) Thats pretty much it. I rarely use heat. I only straighten it about 1 or 2 times a year. Just for a length check.

PeloBueno
December 21st, 2012, 06:44 PM
Your hair looks amazing.

PeloBueno
December 21st, 2012, 06:45 PM
Another 4a/b checking in. I rarely post because I have locks. Welcome to the board and happy hair growing!

I love locs. I want them eventually.

PeloBueno
December 21st, 2012, 06:47 PM
Weird, I haven't posted here in while and I find this thread. :D OOps I forgot to quote. I was talking to you when I said your hair looks amazing but I forgot to quote. lol sorry about that. How long are you trying to grow? I am trying for terminal.

Lvndrwhsprs
December 21st, 2012, 10:21 PM
Hi all!

Pleased to be here and so excited. I have different types all over my head but I would say majority 3c/4a with both types mixed in all over the pace in patches of no particular order or method to the madness. Haha! I am also brand new to being a part of a forum and am just starting to figure out the ropes little by little, so bear with me. I have to figure out how to get pics on here, I didn't have a hair pic to post for profile when I joined. There is some really beautiful for hair here. I recently embraced my curls and am done with heat styling. I am learning how to keep my curls organized and tangle free for maximum length retention, so I'm still in research mode. I have also transitioned to a mostly raw vegan diet which I think has sparked growth and aided in less shed :) Would live to gain some hair care tips and to share mine as well.

By the way, does anyone know why I cannot view any profiles--not even my own--on this site? It keeps saying I don't have access and need to register, but I thought I WAS registered, hence my ability to post.

Nice to meet everyone!

Micayla47
December 22nd, 2012, 12:33 AM
welcome back pelobueno! lvndrwhsprs, you have to have at least 25 posts in order to get more access to this site. so, happy posting!

Lvndrwhsprs
December 22nd, 2012, 05:27 AM
Thanks Micayla47!! Can't wait to learn the ropes :cool:

Aidin
October 27th, 2016, 02:28 PM
I know noone posted in this thread for more than 4 years, but I have Afro hair with a 3c texture.
My goal is to have it curly at waist length, although it is already almost tailbone when stretched!

I look forward to learn all your secrets on growing Afro textured hair!

H o n є y ❤
October 27th, 2016, 03:47 PM
Well if you're looking for more friends with afro-textured hair. I am 4a . :)

Aidin
October 27th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Yeeeey thanks for replying Honey!
In which stage of your growth journey are you?

Nymphe
October 27th, 2016, 06:18 PM
I did not know this thread existed.

H o n є y ❤
October 27th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Yeeeey thanks for replying Honey!
In which stage of your growth journey are you?
No problem. I just big chopped about 3 months ago so I am very early in my journey. You're waaaay ahead of me lol.

Hairkay
October 28th, 2016, 11:00 AM
I did not know this thread existed.

Me neither, this is the first time I've seen this thread.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
October 29th, 2016, 12:45 AM
Hi
I am 3b. Love to join

luxurioushair
October 29th, 2016, 10:54 AM
Wow who resurrected such an old thread...hahaha

Aidin
October 31st, 2016, 01:37 PM
I would love to know everyone weekly routine!!!

I'm going first:
My routine is very basic...I shampoo hair or scalp only (if my current leave-in is silicone free) once a week, followed by a conditioner with which I finger detangle. Then rinse and apply leave-in conditioner and let air dry. Most times my hair is in a high bun or low bun!