PDA

View Full Version : Ponytail variation

WaitingSoLong
December 12th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I found this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=_urESj8LX30&NR=1) on Youtube and thought it was really creative and someone here might like to try some of them!

If you don't wish to click the link, I will tell you it is a teenage girl doing 6 easy variations to the basic ponytail. She has about waist length hair from what I can tell but I think they could be done on any length long enough for a ponytail.

Sylvestrix
December 12th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I actually really like these! I'm getting a bit bored of the four buns I can do, so might try some of these sometime soon. I keep getting it into my head that ponytails are the devil, but honestly I don't think they'll be all that bad with my scary wire hair xD Thanks for the link!

Carolyn
December 12th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the link WSL! She has gorgeous hair and I want her nail color :gabigrin: I'm ponytailing a lot these days and I could use a little spice for my ponytails.

jlb
December 12th, 2012, 04:39 PM
i'm jealous....i cannot figure out how to do lace braids. But the others I can handle. Thank you!

Amapola
December 12th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Great ideas. I love how smooth her hair is - mine has little tiny fly-aways all over the place. And her braids are so straight with practically no taper! That is a nice head of hair.

torrilin
December 12th, 2012, 07:09 PM
I actually really like these! I'm getting a bit bored of the four buns I can do, so might try some of these sometime soon. I keep getting it into my head that ponytails are the devil, but honestly I don't think they'll be all that bad with my scary wire hair xD Thanks for the link!

My hair is really fine, but occasional ponytails work ok. I can wear a ponytail as often as every 3 days and not get breakage or traction alopecia problems. Someone with stronger hair could likely do them more often and still be fine. The big thing is to not go for a super tight ponytail, and not get into a habit of doing your hair the exact same way every day. Change up the location on your head, and make sure that your hairdo isn't giving you an accidental face lift. But ANY style where you do it super tight, every day and in the same spot every day can be a problem, not just ponytails.

ludwig20
December 12th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the link. I might try these simple yet lovely ponytails.

WaitingSoLong
December 13th, 2012, 05:28 AM
I think most the variations could be done before bunning as well.

white.chocolate
December 13th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I loved it... it was fun to watch. Thanks for sharing!

For some of the hair styles I wish I hadn't had classic length hair... :undecided

jacqueline101
December 13th, 2012, 01:25 PM
I love the styles. Something new to try someday.

QMacrocarpa
December 14th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I think most the variations could be done before bunning as well.

That's what I was thinking! Why should ponytails have all the fun? ;)

WaitingSoLong
December 14th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I did a couple dutch braids and put the length in a bun and it looked HORRID. LOL. I will have to try something else.